• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

I am speaking for what I saw being done. Play the Devil's advocate and I will oppose with scripture .

I am not playing the devil's advocate, I have a different opinion.  13 pages in there still has been no scripture given at all. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Davida said:

:24:       :24:       

Ain't it the truth?  

The fruits they be apparent the opposer will find a way to enter in and play. The only thing that gives it time is if the Christians pay it mind.  

I travel for business even though I tell myself I'll take a break and enjoy the fruits of my labor for awhile. My husband is a master chef with a private club corporation that has interests all over the world. We travel separately, live separately, and have for over a year now pursuing our own passions in business . Never once have we doubted nor put at risk our passion for one another. Not once. 

Marriage is a covenant. That's something Atheists and those not in the covenant of Christ do not know about. It is a foreign concept and one to be adamantly opposed as we see happening in the world daily. Most publicly when we read of public figures divorcing because "he" had an affair with their nanny. Nauseating whore mongers as that betray the covenant of marriage because they never knew what it was. Marriage is an accessory. Something to be put on like a ring, or a necklace, or a topcoat. It shows bling, status, "I'm married", and yet it is as meaningless as anything that can be discarded on a whim. 

I find it disgusting that anyone would be deeply offended by trust in a relationship based on Christian principles. And yet the Devil is not only a liar but he is the enemy of righteousness. And if you pay attention as a Christian you will see him become very determined in fracturing the entire spirit in the covenant of Christians who are married. Because in his opinion God is the liar. Jesus is the liar. And respect for who we commit our lives to in marriage , keeping our bodies only for that spouse, is wrong. 

Just as God is in the Christian marriage, the Devil is in the Atheists marriage. He's also on the back of his devoted when they date. Satan doesn't understand righteous talk. God made it so. That's why when I meet the Satanic in public and they show me their fruit, their behavior, their heart when they speak against God and my faith, I recognize Satan's disciple. And I find when I turn my back on them they starve for the attention they crave hoping to lead the Christian to follow their lead as they assail God's holy word and hope the Christian will waste their time trying to reason with the demonic that have no reason to listen. 

16 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I am not playing the devil's advocate, I have a different opinion.  13 pages in there still has been no scripture given at all. 

That's not true. It is simply true for you. 

8 minutes ago, Danger Noodle said:

Ain't it the truth?  

The fruits they be apparent the opposer will find a way to enter in and play. The only thing that gives it time is if the Christians pay it mind.  

I travel for business even though I tell myself I'll take a break and enjoy the fruits of my labor for awhile. My husband is a master chef with a private club corporation that has interests all over the world. We travel separately, live separately, and have for over a year now pursuing our own passions in business . Never once have we doubted nor put at risk our passion for one another. Not once. 

Marriage is a covenant. That's something Atheists and those not in the covenant of Christ do not know about. It is a foreign concept and one to be adamantly opposed as we see happening in the world daily. Most publicly when we read of public figures divorcing because "he" had an affair with their nanny. Nauseating whore mongers as that betray the covenant of marriage because they never knew what it was. Marriage is an accessory. Something to be put on like a ring, or a necklace, or a topcoat. It shows bling, status, "I'm married", and yet it is as meaningless as anything that can be discarded on a whim. 

I find it disgusting that anyone would be deeply offended by trust in a relationship based on Christian principles. And yet the Devil is not only a liar but he is the enemy of righteousness. And if you pay attention as a Christian you will see him become very determined in fracturing the entire spirit in the covenant of Christians who are married. Because in his opinion God is the liar. Jesus is the liar. And respect for who we commit our lives to in marriage , keeping our bodies only for that spouse, is wrong. 

Just as God is in the Christian marriage, the Devil is in the Atheists marriage. He's also on the back of his devoted when they date. Satan doesn't understand righteous talk. God made it so. That's why when I meet the Satanic in public and they show me their fruit, their behavior, their heart when they speak against God and my faith, I recognize Satan's disciple. And I find when I turn my back on them they starve for the attention they crave hoping to lead the Christian to follow their lead as they assail God's holy word and hope the Christian will waste their time trying to reason with the demonic that have no reason to listen. 

In less than a year I will celebrate my 25th year of a Christian marriage.  This includes 17 years while I was a Marine deploying for up to 6 months at a time.  We never once defiled our marriage, we have remained strong and faithful through it all.  At the same time we have never been threatened if the other one had a friend that was not the same gender, we have true faith in each other and do not need such archaic rules as "you cannot drive with that person".  

We honor each other by having complete faith and trust in each other, but not having a list of legalistic rules.  

So, I really do not need you preaching to me about what a true marriage is. 

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

Preach it Sistah!  :thumbsup:  You got that right!

Thanks. Are you on board with starving the enemy? :thumbsup: Remember the prophecy? That old reptile's destiny is to become a belt! :P A handbag, maybe a wallet. Sent to the pit that awaits him those accessories better be fire proof I tell ya.:24:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 4/20/2017 at 6:18 AM, arphaxad said:

What I wonder is, why would someone meet privately with a member of the opposite sex when it could cause someone to question their action? Why risk your husband or wife to waver in their trust for you? Or, should the spouse just blindly trust them no matter what?

Sorry, I guess I should have looked at the OP, all I did was see some of the comments as they popped up in the right hand notifications on the main page. I reacted to the banter on the appearance of evil concept. 

Regarding the quotation above I would say a couple of things. I see no reason to criticize your exercise of caution, nothing wrong with that. On that I think you really do not need guidance from anyone, you are on a wise path, and the worst thing that would probably come of that, is that some people will think you odd. Well, you are a Christian, f people do not think you are odd, then you are not living right.

I do think you make a leap though a little bit, when you pose what I think is a false dilemna. First you make the assumption that meeting privately with a member of the opposite sex would cause them to question. I do not agree with  that pre-supposition. If people suspect you of wrong doing, it seems to me that one of two thing, or both is going on. 

The first thing is, that their mind is in the gutter, and wrong to suspect the worst of you. If you are living right, then you are not causing them to question your action, they are choosing to question your actions, without cause.  The other possible and or additional thing, is if you are not living in a way, that makes people think you are above reproach.

For me personally, I do not believe that I was risking losing my wife's trust, when I was off somewhere, where she could not supervise. The same is true in reverse. My wife would go off on various conventions, for a weekend, with her girlfriends. It never occurred to me to wonder if she was really having an affair, I had no temptation to check up on her. 

Is that blind trust? I do not think it is. I trusted my wife, and she trusted me, because our character was such, that we had no reason to doubt each other. Now, if one's spouse is naturally fearful, that is another matter, some people do not seem able to trust others. I was with my wife for 30 years, before she passed. We had plenty of opportunities to doubt, if that is where our hearts were, but, those were also opportunites to trust, and to affirm our confidence in each other.

If I had my choice, I would rather that she trusted me, because she knows my character, not because I took steps to not be alone with other women. If I had to take precautions to protect myself from temptation, then aren't I sort of stating, that I have a problem with my heart? Maybe that could be seen as a reason not to be trusted, that could give the appearance, that maybe I do not even trust myself!

I was married once before, my former wife committed serial adulteries. Mind you, I was not a Christian at the time, and neither was she. I do not know how many times, she committed adultery. My that, I do not mean how many occasions, I mean I do not know, with how many different men, there were three that I knew of. Still, as a non-Christian, I understood the concept of forgiveness and second chances, however, in the end she divorced me, because she knew that she could not remain faithful, and did not want to hurt me. 

That was very considerate of her, lol, but I have to tell you, the divorce was far more painful than her actions during our marriage.

I bring up this information, about my previous marriage, because I want to illustrate, that you can trust a person, on there own merits, independently from how others have not been trustworthy. I always trusted my second wife, she gave me no reason not to. In short, I loved her.

So, how does love manifest?

Love
is patient and kind; 
does not envy or boast
is not arrogant or rude
does not insist on its own way
is not irritable or resentful
does not rejoice at wrongdoing
it rejoices with the truth
it bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
it never ends

Where in the list, is there room for distrust?

So, my bottom line is, there is nothing wrong with being cautious, but there is also nothing wrong, or even naive, about trusting. Trusting is not blind faith. Some people do not trust even God, some Christian even admit to having their doubts. Not tooting my own horn here, but even in the darkest of times, I have not doubted God, I always have trusted Him since I first beleived. I have doubted myself at times, but where does this come from? I think, there is a very large degree, where trust (faith) is not mustered out of our effort to believe, it is  given by God Himself, so I take not credit for faith.

Hopefully, we know that Christ is trustworthy, because we know His character. We are to be like Him, imitators of Jesus. Do that, and only the most cynical, will suspect the worst of you, but that is on them, in my opinion.

Meanwhile, you do what you think best, that is between you and God, and I do not think you really need our collective opinion this, that is my two cents!

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

The bible does not equate eating a meal with sexual immorality but it is ok to apply I Thes 5:22 to such a thing.

The bible does not equate being rich with greed but it is not ok to apply I Thes 5:22 to such thing. 

Explain to me why it is ok to apply I Thes 5:22 to the former but not the latter?

As I have already stated and you're apparently ignoring, no one is equating eating a meal with sexual immorality.   You keep perpetuating that libel, and it is simply not true.   The entire premise of your argument depends on assigning views that I have not expressed.

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Biblical doctrine requires biblical support.  Until such time as you provide that biblical support you are offering nothing but your opinion. 

There are enough biblically literate people on this thread, that if what I was saying was not sound biblical doctrine, they would know it and challenge me on it.   So the fact that you're the only one saying what you're saying is a pretty good indication that what I am saying is line with sound biblical teaching/doctrine.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

The longer I'm around, the more I'm convinced there isn't a nickel's difference between a liberal and a libertarian. The verbiage is almost identical. Just sayin.'

53 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

There are enough biblically literate people on this thread, that if what I was saying was not sound biblical doctrine, they would know it and challenge me on it.   So the fact that you're the only one saying what you're saying is a pretty good indication that what I am saying is line with sound biblical teaching/doctrine.

That is a logical fallacy called the Appeal to Popularity and it holds no merit at all.