• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, Zemke said:

Stay the coarse and if she doesn't like it, it really isn't your problem, even when she makes it your problem. Still not your problem.

Who is "she"?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

39 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Who is "she"?

The director of arphaxad.

2 minutes ago, Zemke said:

The director of arphaxad.

Gotcha

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Given what I've seen in corporate America across the past couple decades, and especially in the last ten, I'd say arphaxad is being appropriately cautious.   Perception of anything wrong is what matters here, and what he's doing makes sense.

6 minutes ago, bryan said:

Given what I've seen in corporate America across the past couple decades, and especially in the last ten, I'd say arphaxad is being appropriately cautious.   Perception of anything wrong is what matters here, and what he's doing makes sense.

I have seen corporate America move past the archaic view that a man and woman cannot interact without sex being involved. The work place is too diverse, too many women that are now equals to men for this double standard to last past the current generation. 

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

So, then you are willing to give up your support of Trump as supporting him has the  potential to damage your testimony or witness?

No, because supporting Trump doesn't give the appearance of evil.   And so it doesn't damage my testimony

The appearance of evil is the appearance of moral compromise, such as a rendezvous with someone other than one's spouse.   Showing up at a restaurant without your spouse but with another married person who is also married to someone else DOES potentially give the wrong idea.  Especially, if it happens more than once.

Guest shiloh357
14 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I have seen corporate America move past the archaic view that a man and woman cannot interact without sex being involved. The work place is too diverse, too many women that are now equals to men for this double standard to last past the current generation. 

what double standard?

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

what double standard?

That is it ok for a male to eat a meal alone or drive in a car alone with a male but not a female.   One standard for a woman, one for man.  Classic double standard.

12 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, because supporting Trump doesn't give the appearance of evil.   And so it doesn't damage my testimony

The appearance of evil is the appearance of moral compromise, such as a rendezvous with someone other than one's spouse.   Showing up at a restaurant without your spouse but with another married person who is also married to someone else DOES potentially give the wrong idea.  Especially, if it happens more than once.

We are known by the company we keep and the people we support.  If you support someone of low moral standards then you open yourself up to the appearance that you approve of those low moral standards.  Seems much worse than eating lunch with a co-worker. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Often pastors ask that another female be in the room when counseling women.  Sometimes they don't shut the door if one is not present.  We don't always know what the other persons' temptations might be.  Most men are clueless to women's wiles, but a wife can spot them immediately.  Things like a little flattery can start things going the wrong way.  Men with impure motives do the same thing.  

Setting the "boundaries" at the beginning is smart.  We are to be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves.  You are keeping everything professional and not allowing office friendship to become personal.  

Some businesses don't emphasize such things as professionalism anymore.  It is sad.  We call them ethics.