• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

And after this nice long discussion, we are back to what is "the appearance of evil" is basically nothing more than a personal opinion based upon a person's biases and what they have been taught.   You have zero scriptural support for the idea that having lunch with a woman other than your spouse is against the biblical standards of holiness. 

1 Thessalonians 5:22 King James Version (KJV)

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

13 minutes ago, Davida said:

The "world" thinks we're nuts though or archaic & backwards in our thinking, Lol.  For myself, when it looks like I'm out of sync with pop culture, that usually means I'm following  Jesus <>< .     :)   

Amen! I agree with that .

Our faith is a relationship with our Father in Heaven. It's deeply intimate and personal being we have His Holy Spirit sealed within us. Christian isn't a label we affix to ourselves as we would a sticker of some sort to identify us as this or that. It is a way of being. A life-style. A life-covenant. This is how I live my life in Christ.

This is why I find it disturbing that prejudice against Godly husbands publishes in the MSM. And yet insightful too as God is always showing us lessons to be learned isn't he?

That it so happens a man's respect for his wife is assailed as something that examples prejudice instead of righteousness and respect for one's wife. Or husband as the case may be.

I would feel sorry for the mate of such as that which charges sexual discrimination is exampled by a man or woman who respects their spouse. Respect and Godly principles condemned as chauvinism? Have you ever imagined such a thing as that?

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

So why is it sexist and treating people as second class to have a third person in a restaurant?

Because having a third person in a restaurant is based solely upon the gender of the 2nd person.  Having a third person in a meeting with a supervisor is not based upon the gender of either people. 

When you have one rule for men and one rule for women, you are not treating them equally. 

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it is not a matter of opinion. Avoiding the very appearance of evil is a practical application of holiness.  Avoiding the appearance of having an affair is a practical application of the commandment to be holy.  We are to guard God's word and our testimony from being defiled.  Holiness doesn't have a sliding scale.  It is something we are called to, not something we can define on our own terms.   If holiness matters, it matters all of the time, in the big things and the small things, and if there is something that could compromise it, we should set up a guard to keep that from happening, rather than make excuses about why we thought it was okay to thumb our nose God and do what we want.  

One of the problems with modern Christianity is that we define it by the culture.   We are often more or less as "holy" as those around us.  We measure by what is or is not acceptable in the culture, not by what is acceptable to God, or worse yet we project on to God what we think is acceptable or not.

The problem with all this is that it is not rational to see two people of opposite genders who are not family diving in a car or having a dinner together and assuming they are having an affair.  It is a view that is based upon 1940/50s view of women when women were seen as less than men and they did not have a place in the workforce like they do today.  

It is also demeaning to women in general because it assumes that men and women cannot interact in a professional manner without jumping into the sack at the first chance.  

The irony of all this is that those "of the world" can see two people of opposite genders who are not family diving in a car or having a dinner together and not assume they are having an affair or even think that there is anything wrong with it.   It is purely a religious bias. 

2 hours ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

1 Thessalonians 5:22 King James Version (KJV)

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Why thank you, can you now provide the passages that lets me know that eating dinner with a woman not my wife appears to be evil?

4 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Why thank you, can you now provide the passages that lets me know that eating dinner with a woman not my wife appears to be evil?

You're most certainly welcome.

Just now, JoshuasonFlower said:

You're most certainly welcome.

So, how about those passages that lets me know that eating dinner with a woman not my wife appears to be evil? 

3 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

So, how about those passages that lets me know that eating dinner with a woman not my wife appears to be evil? 

I would rather let evil speak for itself so as to be known by those with the discernment to see as God wills.

A person's personal relationship with God and their personal moral walk in their marriage with their spouse is not subject to your approval. Nor is it requisite that proof be afforded one that does not understand the former so as to continue on in the vein most unfortunate for the pure of heart.

3 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

I would rather let evil speak for itself so as to be known by those with the discernment to see as God wills.

A person's personal relationship with God and their personal moral walk in their marriage with their spouse is not subject to your approval. Nor is it requisite that proof be afforded one that does not understand the former so as to continue on in the vein most unfortunate for the pure of heart.

Yet it seems to to judge my personal relationship with God and my personal moral walk in their marriage with their spouse since I, and my spouse, do not agree with this archaic line of thinking. 

Funny how I am not of a pure heart because I do not think every time a man and women are together they are having sex

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

Because having a third person in a restaurant is based solely upon the gender of the 2nd person.  Having a third person in a meeting with a supervisor is not based upon the gender of either people. 

When you have one rule for men and one rule for women, you are not treating them equally. 

So making sure that no one gets the wrong idea about either person, so that both parties have the peace of mind that they will not be misunderstood is sexist?  Yeah,that's nonsense.

Sexism would be if you only went to lunch with someone of same gender.  Sexism is saying that one gender is inferior to the other.    Trying to maintain a pure appearance is not not sexist.  It's wisdom.