• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

On 4/20/2017 at 8:18 AM, arphaxad said:

I work in a common office cubicle environment. There are more women than men, and most of our leadership teams reflect that. I manage a small team under the supervision of a female director. When I was first promoted to be her team manager I told her I would prefer to not meet outside the office alone with her. When traveling to outside meetings, we travel separately unless a third person is with us. I explained it has nothing to do with her, but it is my standard to make sure no one ever has a reason to question my relationship with her.

I carry this same philosophy into my personal life. I've been married to the same women for over 20 years. Not once have I met with another women alone in a private environment. I have not been tempted to have an affair, but I've also not wanted to give anyone, especially my wife, a reason to question my relationship with her.

Am I over reacting? Do I go too far?

What I wonder is, why would someone meet privately with a member of the opposite sex when it could cause someone to question their action? Why risk your husband or wife to waver in their trust for you? Or, should the spouse just blindly trust them no matter what?

I'm fully willing to agree I'm over cautious and that my standard is too much for most people. I'm reaching out to you, my Christian family, for God's wisdom in this matter. I pray to God for guidance and will continue to seek His glory in all I do.

You value what you have in your hand, which is the love you and your wife have. Why are you second guessing what God has given you by submitting yourself to the skrutiny of others, outside that which should be your main concern, which is God and your wife and in that order.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

If my application were wrong, you could demonstrate way.  But you can't.   My application is unassailably true and you have so far, not shown it to be otherwise.

Opinions are just that, opinions, they cannot be proven right or wrong.  You have given your opinion of the application of I Thess 5:22, that is all you have done.  You have not offered a single bit of scriptural support to show it is correct.  And you never will because there is none.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Running Gator said:

And it is not evil to have a meal with a woman who is not a family member.   Yet one of them is forboden and the other is applauded and even revered.  

No one said it is evil to have a meal with a woman who is not a family member.  No one even said it is evil to eat alone with a member of the opposite sex. 

What has been said, is that in an effort to not appear to be involved in a marital affair, it is best for married people to have another person attend if they plan on meeting a member of the opposite sex.  It is about making sure that everything appears above board and morally circumspect to onlookers.  It is about avoiding scandal and the appearance of evil.

Guest shiloh357

Opinions are just that, opinions, they cannot be proven right or wrong.  You have given your opinion of the application of I Thess 5:22, that is all you have done.  You have not offered a single bit of scriptural support to show it is correct.  And you never will because there is none.

But you have not offered a single valid refutation.   Opinions can be proven wrong if they are not based on facts, and so far your line of argumentation has failed in that regard.  If you can't show that a misapplication has taken place, the default application remains.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

No one said it is evil to have a meal with a woman who is not a family member.  No one even said it is evil to eat alone with a member of the opposite sex. 

What has been said, is that in an effort to not appear to be involved in a marital affair, it is best for married people to have another person attend if they plan on meeting a member of the opposite sex.  It is about making sure that everything appears above board and morally circumspect to onlookers.  It is about avoiding scandal and the appearance of evil.

And I am saying that in an effort to not appear to be greedy that people should not be rich or drive nice cars or live in nice houses.  But somehow I do not think you will agree with that application of the passage.  just the sex part of it.  Christians tend to be obsessed with sex.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

But you have not offered a single valid refutation.   Opinions can be proven wrong if they are not based on facts, and so far your line of argumentation has failed in that regard.  If you can't show that a misapplication has taken place, the default application remains.

I have given my opinion, you have given yours.  In the end that is all that has happened.  I have no desire to show your opinions is wrong, because it is impossible to show and opinion is wrong.  

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

And I am saying that in an effort to not appear to be greedy that people should not be rich or drive nice cars or live in nice houses.  But somehow I do not think you will agree with that application of the passage.  just the sex part of it.  Christians tend to be obsessed with sex.

No one, unless they are just jealous of others equates "rich" with greed.   There are greedy poor people. 

Christians are not obsessed with sex, at all.   But it is sexual immorality the world tries very, very hard to justify even to the point of slamming Christians values on the matter.

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I have given my opinion, you have given yours.  In the end that is all that has happened.  I have no desire to show your opinions is wrong, because it is impossible to show and opinion is wrong.  

No, I have given sound biblical doctrine that agrees with Scripture.  I have not offered an opinion.

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, I have given sound biblical doctrine that agrees with Scripture.  I have not offered an opinion.

:24::24:  You have given your opinion and never backed it up with a single scripture out of the one in question. 

Guest shiloh357

:24::24:  You have given your opinion and never backed it up with a single scripture out of the one in question. 

I have provided sound doctrine that you can't refute.  I don't need to provide another Scripture, as you have not proven that any misapplication has taken place.  All you have offered is a line of argumentation based on a fleshly, secular mindset.