• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No one, unless they are just jealous of others equates "rich" with greed.   There are greedy poor people. 

It does not matter if being rich makes one greedy or not, just if it can give that appearance to anyone.  The standard for not having a meal with a woman not your family member is that it might cause someone, somewhere to assume the worst.   

If that is the standard for having a meal, it should be the standard for all things.  Otherwise you are being inconsistent. 

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

I have provided sound doctrine that you can't refute.  I don't need to provide another Scripture, as you have not proven that any misapplication has taken place.  All you have offered is a line of argumentation based on a fleshly, secular mindset.

This may come as a shock, but the words of Shiloh357 are not doctrine.  They are just one man's words.  

1 minute ago, Davida said:

I'm getting mixed messages....didn't you begin a whole other thread about what is the " the appearance of evil" to continue to refute the opinions here

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/207333-the-appearance-of-evil/#comment-2570258

i am not refuting anything, I am offering a counter view as I hold a different opinion than you or the others.  Refutation was never my goal, as that is impossible. 

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Running Gator said:

This may come as a shock, but the words of Shiloh357 are not doctrine.  They are just one man's words.  

My words are not infallible, but I have presented sound biblical doctrine, and trying to speak of biblical doctrine in diminutive terms is not a refutation.  What I have said is correct and unassailable.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

My words are not infallible, but I have presented sound biblical doctrine, and trying to speak of biblical doctrine in diminutive terms is not a refutation.  What I have said is correct and unassailable.

You have not provided doctrine, doctrine requires scriptural support.   you have given none of that.  Till you do, you are doing nothing but passing along your opinion.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

It does not matter if being rich makes one greedy or not, just if it can give that appearance to anyone.  The standard for not having a meal with a woman not your family member is that it might cause someone, somewhere to assume the worst.   

If that is the standard for having a meal, it should be the standard for all things.  Otherwise you are being inconsistent. 

If the Bible equated being wealthy with greed, you might have a point.  But it does not.  

1 minute ago, Davida said:

Can you prove that what Shiloh is saying is not sound doctrine & the correct application of this scripture?  what he is saying is not personal opinion.

Yes, I can prove that what Shiloh is saying is not sound doctrine because sound doctrine requires scriptural support.  He has given none.  

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Running Gator said:

You have not provided doctrine, doctrine requires scriptural support.   you have given none of that.  Till you do, you are doing nothing but passing along your opinion.

I have provided very biblical doctrine, in line with what the Bible teaches about holiness and biblical values.  And so far, aside from complaining, you haven't shown, biblically, where anything I have said is wrong.

If the Bible equated being wealthy with greed, you might have a point.  But it does not.  

The bible does not equate eating a meal with sexual immorality, yet here we are. 

I have provided very biblical doctrine, in line with what the Bible teaches about holiness and biblical values.  And so far, aside from complaining, you haven't shown, biblically, where anything I have said is wrong.

Biblical doctrine requires biblical support.  Until such time as you provide that biblical support you are offering nothing but your opinion.