Annette

samson and delilah;
They Did Not Know... It Was of the Lord

44 posts in this topic

On 6/12/2017 at 11:04 AM, Willa said:

Or I as a stupid 18 year old said of course my fiancé is a Christian.  He's not a Buddhist!  We live in a Christian country.  He hasn't gone to church with me yet but says he will.  After all my dad believes in God but doesn't go to church.  I never planned to grow to love a non church goer but it just happened, so the Scripture must not apply to me.  And 11 years later I was still praying, God, how long will I have to suffer for my disobedience?  Please save my husband and make him a good example for our sons, so that our sons won't be led astray.

The truth was I was terribly lonely and miserable, and suffered greatly for my sin.  He and his family prevented me from attending church. threatened me and ridiculed me for my desire to do so.   So now I am the first to speak up and say that a person should never make more than a casual friendship with the opposite sex who cannot lead you in worship and prayer to the Living God.  

2Co 6:14  AMP Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers [do not make mismated alliances with them or come under a different yoke with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership have right living and right standing with God with iniquity and lawlessness? Or how can light have fellowship with darkness?  2Co 6:15  What harmony can there be between Christ and Belial [the devil]? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?

Thank you, Willa for taking the time to share about your own experience. I feel your pain as I read about the misery that you have had to endure. I pray that despite the difficult circumstance that you find yourself in that you will be an example to your sons. Praying for you. Blessings :) 

Weary.jpg

2 hours ago, Annette said:

Thank you, Willa for taking the time to share about your own experience. I feel your pain as I read about the misery that you have had to endure. I pray that despite the difficult circumstance that you find yourself in that you will be an example to your sons. Praying for you. Blessings :) 

Weary.jpg

Our son had been baptized and then, upon learning his dad was not a believer, decided he didn't want to go to heaven either.  So there was a lot of grief. .  After 11 years of loneliness, suffering and including 4 years of praying day and night, he was saved.  Hubby was saved in June 1974 and baptized in September; God has changed him into the husband I needed and we have been prayer parters for all these years not.  He prayed for each of our sons before school every morning.  Now they are serving the Lord and have teen agers.  3 of 6 grandchildren are strongly committed to the Lord.  We are praying for the rest.

On 4/20/2017 at 11:56 AM, Rick_Parker said:

I believe that GOD uses the foibles of humans to accomplish HIS purposes. I don't believe that GOD causes bad things to happen to people; that is what Satan and his minions do. But, through HIS perfect foreknowledge, GOD uses that bad for good.

God is sovereign over all . God allowed satan to almost destroy Job so yes, God directly caused it to happen. Satan was only the tool. All things glorify God;evil and good. God causes everything because he is sovereign over all. It appears that semantics is at play here in this discussion.

God hands people over to satan to destroy their flesh for a reason . God is glorified in both evil and good. 1 corinth 5

3 hours ago, Willa said:

Our son had been baptized and then, upon learning his dad was not a believer, decided he didn't want to go to heaven either.  So there was a lot of grief. .  After 11 years of loneliness, suffering and including 4 years of praying day and night, he was saved.  Hubby was saved in June 1974 and baptized in September; God has changed him into the husband I needed and we have been prayer parters for all these years not.  He prayed for each of our sons before school every morning.  Now they are serving the Lord and have teen agers.  3 of 6 grandchildren are strongly committed to the Lord.  We are praying for the rest.

It is so great to read more about your life Willa. Thank you so much for sharing it and the reminder to keep on praying and trusting God. Blessings. :) You really did live out Philippians 4:6, presenting your requests to God.

Phil 4 6.jpg