IGNORED

Where did all the Christian denominations come from?

JoshuasonFlower

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

John 8:42

Jesus replied, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come from God and am now here. I have not come on my own initiative, but he sent me".

Biblican Historical Christian Faith

“Universal/Worldwide = catholic” Jesus Christ 30 A.D

I. There are seven major families of denominations which comprise the Biblical Historical Christian faith: Oriental Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Four Protestant Families

Source and extensive article with detail of the denominational family tree of the Christian faith.

denominations_family_tree_truthforsaints.png

I think this will be a great opportunity to discuss our history as pertains to the faith and what developed from its original Orthodox roots. The denominations arrived in what is referred to in our history as "The Great Schism" of 1054.

Christianity Today article

1054 The East-West Schism

Long-standing differences between Western and Eastern Christians finally caused a definitive break, and Roman Catholics and Eastern Orthodox still remain separate.
George T. Dennis

A brief excerpt from the CT article:

Immediate Causes of the Break

In 1048 a French bishop was elected as Pope Leo IX. He and the clerics who accompanied him to Rome were intent on reforming the papacy and the entire church. Five years earlier in Constantinople, the rigid and ambitious Michael Cerularius was named patriarch.

Problems arose in Southern Italy (then under Byzantine rule) in the 1040s, when Norman warriors conquered the region and replaced Greek [Eastern] bishops with Latin [Western] ones. People were confused, and they argued about the proper form of the liturgy and other external matters. Differences over clerical marriage, the bread used for the Eucharist, days of fasting, and other usages assumed an unprecedented importance.

More reading @ http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/issues/issue-28/1054-east-west-schism.html

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

This is a beautiful post. But have you noticed brother? It is not paid attention to at all. Eight views, not a single comment.

Meanwhile, threads that breed bigotry and hatred against the first denomination in first century and against a public persona who's been on the air for decades, flourish with hatred, seeking to seed divisiveness in the community of Christ all across the Net. That which is not in the spirit publishes articles attacking the Copts hoping to gain ignorant followers to pass his slander along the Web. 

We live in a fallen world brother. If we ever have doubt the spirit that is lord of this world will afford us the opportunity of reminder.

Thank you so much for sharing this. It will educate those who are in Christ. And it shall damn those who are liars and expose their ignorance and black heart across the Net for being found in search engines. BEAUTIFUL! :hurrah:

Just so you know, I'm going to copy the part about the first church, the Copts, and knock the devil right between the eyes. Those that have the eyes to see shall see. Those that never did shall appear.
God bless you for bringing what is long overdue to the attention of Christians here. :emot-hug:

9 hours ago, Danger Noodle said:

This is a beautiful post. But have you noticed brother? It is not paid attention to at all. Eight views, not a single comment.

Meanwhile, threads that breed bigotry and hatred against the first denomination in first century and against a public persona who's been on the air for decades, flourish with hatred, seeking to seed divisiveness in the community of Christ all across the Net. That which is not in the spirit publishes articles attacking the Copts hoping to gain ignorant followers to pass his slander along the Web. 

We live in a fallen world brother. If we ever have doubt the spirit that is lord of this world will afford us the opportunity of reminder.

Thank you so much for sharing this. It will educate those who are in Christ. And it shall damn those who are liars and expose their ignorance and black heart across the Net for being found in search engines. BEAUTIFUL! :hurrah:

Just so you know, I'm going to copy the part about the first church, the Copts, and knock the devil right between the eyes. Those that have the eyes to see shall see. Those that never did shall appear.
God bless you for bringing what is long overdue to the attention of Christians here. :emot-hug:

Thank you sister.  Truth will always overcome the enemy of it.

Don't let darkness fill you when you encounter it.

Darkness seeks to overcome the world. Remember? It even sought to destroy God's first and most perfect creation in his garden paradise. It failed when God sent his beloved Son to overcome the darkness. To enter into life , to walk as one of us and yet as God with us. And he was condemned for his teachings when he was a Jew. And by fellow Jews! Remember? The Sanhedrin court that called him to answer for his miracles. He healed the blind, he made the lame to walk. He cast demons out of the afflicted and was even charged then with the accusation that he'd used demons to do so. That does not even ring as making sense. But that was the accusation against the perfect Savior of this world.

Jesus Christ was a Jew! And he was accused of not being a righteous Jew by fellow Jews. Do you see the reflection of that past wickedness with today and what we are discussing here? Jews turned against the greatest Jew of history. As has been said, Christianity is the religion about Jesus. Judaism was the religion of Jesus. And yet, there were Jews who said he was false and of the devil.

Take heart because God see's all things. His word tells us he calls those whom he knew before he created this world to his son. He knew them, he knew us, before we entered our mother's wombs. He also knew Satan when he appeared in the garden as that sneaky serpent. He knew him when he tempted his only Son Jesus while Jesus was in his fast in the desert. No one keeps a secret from God.

Don't ever let that which hopes as it did in the desert to lead Christ from his truth to lead you from your grace and charity sister. Fear not because if you do find cause for anger that is not the same as being led from the spirit Jesus and God's Holy Spirit instills in you as one sealed with that power. Because even Jesus was angry when he hand fashioned a whip and went after the money changers , fellow Jews, who had their tables in front of his Father's house.

If you find yourself upset by the wickedness of this world that seeks us out because we are of God turn to God's advice. Sixty-six books worth will help any Christian through this perilous life.

1 John 2:9 Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness.

And especially timely and poignant I think is this, Immanuel, God with us, own words in John 13:34&35,  "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

1 John 4:20, "If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen."

God's blessings,

J.

bumping

Guest Judas Machabeus

I primarily watch the controversial, general and doctrinal sections. glad to see this post over here. 

Not sure how I missed this section. 

Cheers and God Bless

17 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I primarily watch the controversial, general and doctrinal sections. glad to see this post over here. 

Not sure how I missed this section. 

Cheers and God Bless

I'm glad you found the information useful to your studies.  Cheers and God's blessings to you as well brother.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

On 4/20/2017 at 6:47 PM, JoshuasonFlower said:

Biblican Historical Christian Faith

“Universal/Worldwide = catholic” Jesus Christ 30 A.D

I. There are seven major families of denominations which comprise the Biblical Historical Christian faith: Oriental Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Four Protestant Families

Source and extensive article with detail of the denominational family tree of the Christian faith.

denominations_family_tree_truthforsaints.png

I think this will be a great opportunity to discuss our history as pertains to the faith and what developed from its original Orthodox roots. The denominations arrived in what is referred to in our history as "The Great Schism" of 1054.

Christianity Today article

1054 The East-West Schism

Long-standing differences between Western and Eastern Christians finally caused a definitive break, and Roman Catholics and Eastern Orthodox still remain separate.
George T. Dennis

A brief excerpt from the CT article:

Immediate Causes of the Break

In 1048 a French bishop was elected as Pope Leo IX. He and the clerics who accompanied him to Rome were intent on reforming the papacy and the entire church. Five years earlier in Constantinople, the rigid and ambitious Michael Cerularius was named patriarch.

Problems arose in Southern Italy (then under Byzantine rule) in the 1040s, when Norman warriors conquered the region and replaced Greek [Eastern] bishops with Latin [Western] ones. People were confused, and they argued about the proper form of the liturgy and other external matters. Differences over clerical marriage, the bread used for the Eucharist, days of fasting, and other usages assumed an unprecedented importance.

More reading @ http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/issues/issue-28/1054-east-west-schism.html

Very good info,J. Thanks for posting it!

Guest Judas Machabeus
2 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

I'm glad you found the information useful to your studies.  Cheers and God's blessings to you as well brother.

I'm a bit of a history nerd. I love this kind of stuff. 

7 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I'm a bit of a history nerd. I love this kind of stuff. 

As do I. Particularly that which applies to our faith. For me it was a natural curiosity. Where did all those denominations of Christians come from when Jesus was a Jew? And as was said before , Christianity is the faith about Jesus. While the faith of Jesus was Judaism.

Notice how the denominations are often named for the men that worked the words of Christ into a creed they authored?

Have you ever seen the affirmation, no creed but Christ? I find it curious that denominational Christians have among their number those that are passionately opposed to the idea of Orthodoxy.

That's why I posted the link to that site. Education can take people over the hump of conflict. I'm glad you enjoy the site. Lots of reading there.

39 minutes ago, worthy said:

Very good info,J. Thanks for posting it!

You are most welcome sister. It is my privilege if this brings you this information. I had hoped it would educate and alleviate the strong conviction of the opponent of Orthodoxy. I still hold hope.

God's blessings,

J.