GospelofGraceTV

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I have started doing some videos, on various topics regarding reading the Bible through a "grace" perspective, whereas we rely on righteousness given to us and earned by Jesus' work on the Cross rather than our self-righteousness earned individually through action, thought, and etc.  This is one of my most recent videos about the requirements of Confession with regards to Grace.  I argue that it is impossible to confess every sin and that confession is meant more as a confession of our general sinful nature vs trying to confess every individual sin.  

Thank you for the opportunity to share this here, and I would appreciate any feedback or sharing.  

Edited by GospelofGraceTV

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hello Gospel..

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matthew 5:28.

You can still look at a woman and not sin..

Jesus will forgive you if you come to Him and confess your sins and ask Him to come ti live inside of you.. but your family do have to invite them too for Salvation as you cannot save them through your Salvation..

If we love Jesus we don't want to sin but do still sin as long as we live in our old body, but if we confess our sins ,Jesus will forgive them..

We have to be aware of our thoughts  and think before we say something:

2 Corinthians 10:3-5

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

Amen ,we are saved by grace and not by works:

Alive with Christ
…7in order that in the coming ages He might display the surpassing riches of His grace, demonstrated by His kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8For it is by
graceyou have been saved through faith, and this not fromyourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not by works, so that no one can boast.…Ephesians 2:8

He answered, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"Luke 10:27 

We all fall short of loving our neighbor as ourself..and sin everyday and say things we don't want to say..

Romans 7:15-20

15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now am found
T'was blind but now I see

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear
And Grace, my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

Through many dangers, toils and snares
We have already come.
T'was grace that brought us safe thus far
And grace will lead us home,
And grace will lead us home

Amazing grace, Howe Sweet the sound
I once was lost but now am found

Was blind, but now I see.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for your response it is very thoughtful and beautiful.  The basis for me saying we can save our family through our faith in Jesus is Corinthians 7:14 but I understand how it could be taken a different way.  

13And if a woman has an unbelieving husband and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his believing wife, and theunbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would beunclean, but now they are holy.

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Jesus will forgive you if you come to Him and confess your sins and ask Him to come ti live inside of you.. but your family do have to invite them too for Salvation as you cannot save them through your Salvation..

If we love Jesus we don't want to sin but do still sin as long as we live in our old body, but if we confess our sins ,Jesus will forgive them..

We have to be aware of our thoughts  and think before we say something:

2 Corinthians 10:3-5

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

Amen ,we are saved by grace and not by works:

Alive with Christ
…7in order that in the coming ages He might display the surpassing riches of His grace, demonstrated by His kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8For it is by
graceyou have been saved through faith, and this not fromyourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not by works, so that no one can boast.…Ephesians 2:8

He answered, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"Luke 10:27 

We all fall short of loving our neighbor as ourself..and sin everyday and say things we don't want to say..

Romans 7:15-20

15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound
I once was lost, but now am found

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear
And Grace, my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

Through many dangers, toils and snares
We have already come.
T'was grace that brought us safe thus far
And grace will lead us home,