• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, LadyKay said:

Maybe we need to save that for another topic. As this one I do not think can not take on another topic. We already have car rides and going out for dinner being debated. And here I thought I was only going to be talking about the appearance of evil when I join up for this. 

Well, those things are the appearance of evil, or so I am told.  

that is why they are being talked about. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

My guess on the matter is if you feel bad about going to dinner with someone other then your wife/husband, then don't do it. And if you see someone out to dinner with someone other then their wife/husband, don't rush to  pass judgment on them for doing so. This is really a matter between a husband and wife.  Some wives have no issue with their husband having a lunch break with a female co-worker. Sometimes it is just best to mind your own Ps and Qs so they say. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,519
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, worthy said:

Lol,good point.

Nooo,  it is not. It is off point entirely.

Jesus did, not only set it up a situation where  he would be alone with a woman,  he waited there for some time to set it up so that she would later run off and tell everyone about it. He also spent his time with her rebuking her for her life style.

Knowing that,  if we are alone with someone should we then  feel free to rebuke them as example  for their  five husbands and a live in, as Jesus did?   Nah we are best to make all effort to  never be in such a situation in the first place.

But, the office women they will do what they do, least they have so far.  So will the office men, least they have so far. And divorces will remain pretty common, least they have been so far.

It just doesn't pay well to be alone with a woman at work. Fact it is very stupid if one values the spouse God has given them.  All the what if's not withstanding.

And that  is it from here. 

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

My guess on the matter is if you feel bad about going to dinner with someone other then your wife/husband, then don't do it. And if you see someone out to dinner with someone other then their wife/husband, don't rush to  pass judgment on them for doing so. This is really a matter between a husband and wife.  Some wives have no issue with their husband having a lunch break with a female co-worker. Sometimes it is just best to mind your own Ps and Qs so they say. 

It's really about how much you trust your spouse. Because if you trust them,and someone comes and tells you they saw him/her with this person. First you are not to believe that person you are to admonish them because that is gossiping and that person is also being a busybody in other peoples matters. And If you trust your spouse you will already know that what that person told you was a lie.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

16 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Nooo,  it is not. It is off point entirely.

Jesus did, not only set it up a situation where  he would be alone with a woman,  he waited there for some time to set it up so that she would later run off and tell everyone about it. He also spent his time with her rebuking her for her life style.

Knowing that,  if we are alone with someone should we then  feel free to rebuke them as example  for their  five husbands and a live in, as Jesus did?   Nah we are best to make all effort to  never be in such a situation in the first place.

But, the office women they will do what they do, least they have so far.  So will the office men, least they have so far. And divorces will remain pretty common, least they have been so far.

It just doesn't pay well to be alone with a woman at work. Fact it is very stupid if one values the spouse God has given them.  All the what if's not withstanding.

And that  is it from here. 

So what are you saying? That if a man and a women have lunch alone they can not control themselves? I mean if your going to cheat on your wife or husband just because you can't control yourself if your alone with someone other then your spouse then you already have some serious issues that need to be address. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Feel the better way is to avoid all appearance of evil, such as causing your brother to stumble into gossip

29 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Ok, I am going to have to call foul on this part of your post.  I will ask you to please not assign your values to my marriage.  My wife's point of view on this is that if she cannot trust me to go somewhere with a co-worker job related, what is the point of even being married.   So, I value the spouse that God has given me and yet I do not agree that driving in car with a woman other than my wife is stupid. 

Perhaps we just have a stronger bond of trust than you or others have.  When you are deployed for extended periods of time you either have to have absolute trust or your imagination will kill your marriage.  So, we have a trust that is not shaken by one of us being alone in a car or eating dinner with someone of the other gender.  If others do not have that level of trust, then it is probably best that you do not do those things. 

9 minutes ago, a tryer said:

Feel the better way is to avoid all appearance of evil, such as causing your brother to stumble into gossip

But that is just not humanly possible.  I "caused a sister to stumble" into gossip by talking to the same female after church two weeks in a row standing in the foyer with 500 other people.   Or perhaps the problem is not with two people talking but with the one that has their mind in the gutter.

I have been told about people "stumble into gossip" when the a pastor showed up in a brand new Lexus.   Or perhaps the problem was those with envy and ill will in their mind.

I have seen people "stumble into gossip" when one of two families that always sat in the same pew together sat in a different pew starting one Sunday.  Oh the gossip of the "fight between the two families" and one person even thought that there was an issue with the spouses being too close in their friendship.  Or maybe the problem was with the people that are doing the gossiping.  

Each of these had a non-evil reason behind them all, each was totally innocent yet people gossiped.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, worthy said:

Lol,good point.

Do you think so? Jesus purpose was to bring truth to those who were the sinners. To lead them from their fallen ways, not give them a slap on the back and an atta-boy. 

What did God teach about the way people should comport themselves in marriage? 
Too often in discussions like this people who are very liberal in their behaviors, clinging to the world while holding to the label of Christian, invoke the excuse, look what Jesus did! As if they are able to bear comparison in their behavior to the spirit and ministry of Christ. As if "Jesus did it so I'm OK too." When really, they're not. 

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Danger Noodle said:

Do you think so? Jesus purpose was to bring truth to those who were the sinners. To lead them from their fallen ways, not give them a slap on the back and an atta-boy. 

What did God teach about the way people should comport themselves in marriage? 
Too often in discussions like this people who are very liberal in their behaviors, clinging to the world while holding to the label of Christian, invoke the excuse, look what Jesus did! As if they are able to bear comparison in their behavior to the spirit and ministry of Christ. As if "Jesus did it so I'm OK too." When really, they're not. 

I just saw it from another point of view. Probably not the one you guys are seeing.