Running Gator

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

What I am suggesting in this and another thread is that having a third person at the table protects the honor of both the man and woman.  It's not that men and women cannot eat together, but there are certain scenarios where it is way better for there to be third party in the room, or at the table to prevent rumors from even getting started.  Just stop it before it starts.

What is unreasonable about taking measures not to fuel the rumor/gossip mill?                           Shiloh

I have a feeling I've missed something? I keep hearing about this "other thread"so it seems this discussion is a take off from another one that I'm not aware of.......I understand RG's point and personally I don't see anything wrong with his "scenarios" and I agree with the above as well.......So,I'm not sure with the "scenario"this is really all about,am I correct that there is some "point" to all of this?

As Christians we must abstain from the appearance of evil,this should be "common sense" imo......I'm a married woman & as I said earlier that if I was asked to join a Brother-in-Christ to lunch to discuss something in particular where his wife or my husband could not also be there I imagine it would be okay and I think it also would make a huge difference "where" that was.....for example,a Dennys,McDonalds or diner for morning breakfast or early afternoon lunch sounds reasonable but if that same Brother invited me to 8pm dinner at a quiet ,low lit restaurant where many "couple" go for the ambiance....hmmm,NO.....why?Would not "appear" respectable imo  

I believe you have to use good judgement & personally I would not want to disrespect my husband in such a way,he would be the last person to question ME,he trust me completely but why would I want to give anyone anything to talk about that would "appear" as though I was not a respectable wife.....I think the old timers would say its a "disgrace" or you bring "shame" to the spouse......is it my old country(Italy) upbringing,Christianity ,Godliness.......I think its just common sense & decency     Now if you are at work & everyone gets to go to lunch at 12 & it ends up that you eating next door at Joes Diner with a co-worker of the opposite sex I don't see the big deal in that either,I doubt any rumors would spread by half an hour eating a sandwich with the boss or something like that......

I would like to add that the kind of marriage a person has is not the issue at all & many people keep saying that,its a matter of respecting & honoring your spouse ....thats what the "appearance" of evil means......they can be proud of the way they KNOW you will conduct yourself because you would not give anyone anything to start a rumor about "out of respect" 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Jeff2 said:

I guess the cologne smells like the opposition burning at the stake, with a lot of green wood thrown in!

Okay. I have never heard this one before. :huh:

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Jeff2 said:

Bummer of a name! How many Adolf's and Benedict's do you know that are alive today?

The only reason Calvin exists today is because people do not know the truth about how evil he was!

I am sorry, but that is sort of ridiculous.  There was a guy named Jeff the liked to kill people and eat them, so by this standard of yours, Jeff is an evil name.

1 hour ago, Jeff2 said:

The only reason Calvin exists today is because people do not know the truth about how evil he was!

Calvin who? 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Calvin who? 

This is the first Calvin I think of...

1e0528ce5d950e8ff25cc3cdf1d08691.jpg

This whole topic just keeps getting stranger. Now we are debating body spray names and people named Calvin. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Calvin Klein was evil? Lol,I don't keep up with celebrities or fashion designers,I know nothing about them,I have no reason to read gossip or hearsay

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

11 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I have a feeling I've missed something? I keep hearing about this "other thread"so it seems this discussion is a take off from another one that I'm not aware of.......I understand RG's point and personally I don't see anything wrong with his "scenarios" and I agree with the above as well.......So,I'm not sure with the "scenario"this is really all about,am I correct that there is some "point" to all of this?

This is where it started,Kwik. This is the "other thread" 

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, Davida said:

This is where this whole thing began, Kwik.

Me  you were thinking the same thing;)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I am sorry, but that is sort of ridiculous.  There was a guy named Jeff the liked to kill people and eat them, so by this standard of yours, Jeff is an evil name.

Nothing good ever came from a Jeff!