Well,now she definitely won't have to wonder what post is being referred to,lol

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

thought so too, then when I hesitated ministering to a woman, the pastor rebuked me                                 tryler

Hmmm,thats a bit disappointing although I don't know all the particulars......but ,yes I do agree with you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

This is where this whole thing began, Kwik.                                  Davida

Thanks Sis......Oh dear,well I was not about to read 5 pages there or 14 here,Arphaxad put up a nice OP......And again,I don't think its about "trust" or "lack of".....its about having respect for your spouse that no one else may think(or imagine  or 'say") you are dishonoring them & thats simply because you love them & are an honorable individual with common decency...I think very highly of my husband and would not want anyone to think he was being made to look foolish,its just disrespectful imo

THe funny thing is that I've been single many many years and have "single"Brothers-in -Christ that have been my dear friends for 35 years,they are still my dear friends but things have changed .....and because they are my dear friends they respect my husband as much as they do me.....there is not any good reason we would have for dining alone.....& I might add that my husband is in Australia and I'm in America,one Brother did join me for my birthday,for a meal someone gifted me with,I did not want to go alone,I was not feeling well enough to drive     His wife was going out of town & it was her suggestion he  accompany me,my husband was thrilled I got to redeem my gift instead of staying in the sick bed alone on  my birthday ......busy place,early dinner,special circumstance

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Thanks Sis......Oh dear,well I was not about to read 5 pages there or 14 here,Arphaxad put up a nice OP......And again,I don't think its about "trust" or "lack of".....its about having respect for your spouse that no one else may think(or imagine  or 'say") you are dishonoring them & thats simply because you love them & are an honorable individual with common decency...I think very highly of my husband and would not want anyone to think he was being made to look foolish,its just disrespectful imo

THe funny thing is that I've been single many many years and have "single"Brothers-in -Christ that have been my dear friends for 35 years,they are still my dear friends but things have changed .....and because they are my dear friends they respect my husband as much as they do me.....there is not any good reason we would have for dining alone.....& I might add that my husband is in Australia and I'm in America,one Brother did join me for my birthday,for a meal someone gifted me with,I did not want to go alone,I was not feeling well enough to drive     His wife was going out of town & it was her suggestion he  accompany me,my husband was thrilled I got to redeem my gift instead of staying in the sick bed alone on  my birthday ......busy place,early dinner,special circumstance

Kwik, If a man who is married is having dinner at a restaurant  with a woman who is not his wife, and chooses to have a third party present at the meal to avoid any appearance of an affair, is he sexist (regardless what kind of restaurant it is) Is he demeaning the other woman?   I ask because that is partly what is being asserted by at least one other poster. What do you think?

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Kwik, If a man who is married is having dinner at a restaurant with a woman who is not his wife, and chooses to have a third party present at the meal to avoid any appearance of an affair, is he sexist?   Is he demeaning the other woman?   I ask because that is partly what is being asserted by at least one other poster. What do you think?

It is ok if you use my name, I will not complain.  It sounds better than "one other poster"...just saying

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

I would think it is respectful and not demeaning in any way to have another present, to claim it is demeaning sounds like of those ridiculous feminist opinions- like holding open a door is insulting to a woman and all that none sense. :P

I hold the door for everybody, male and female.  Why single out one group for different treatment? 

15 minutes ago, Davida said:

Not at all my point, but deflection.

It is not a deflection, it is the whole mindset that I have been talking about.   I know men today that will gladly hold a door for a woman and would not do it for a man if the building was on fire (that is a bit of hyperbole, but you get my meaning).  

Why not if you happen to be the first one to the door and there are 4 or 5 people close behind you, hold it for all of them?  Is that not a better way to do things than to single out one gender over the other?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, HisFirst said:

The brand is called So..? and the "So..? Sinful" fragrance is just another scent in the range.  

There's also So...Eternal.

images.jpg

I do not wear perfume because it usually gives me a headache. Interesting container :blink:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Kwik, If a man who is married is having dinner at a restaurant  with a woman who is not his wife, and chooses to have a third party present at the meal to avoid any appearance of an affair, is he sexist (regardless what kind of restaurant it is) Is he demeaning the other woman?   I ask because that is partly what is being asserted by at least one other poster. What do you think?

Well if anyone ask me. I don't think it is sexist. I think it is a personal issue between a husband and wife.  

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

33 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

It is not a deflection, it is the whole mindset that I have been talking about.   I know men today that will gladly hold a door for a woman and would not do it for a man if the building was on fire (that is a bit of hyperbole, but you get my meaning).  

Why not if you happen to be the first one to the door and there are 4 or 5 people close behind you, hold it for all of them?  Is that not a better way to do things than to single out one gender over the other?

Well I hold the door for every one cause I think it is the Christian thing to do. Then at times I have become the "door holder" and I stand there while I watch a line of people go pass me cause I held the door open for one person. Oh well I say. :noidea: