• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Nope.

Yep...these are your words... like holding open a door is insulting to a woman and all that none sense

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I am sorry, but that is just ridiculous.  That is the sort of rules list you need for a high school field trip to Disney World.  If adults cannot figure that stuff out on their own without someone needing to tell them to do it, well there is just something wrong with them. 

Some how my wife and I were able to survive multiple deployments, many of the 6 month kind without a list of rules from the Marine Corps.   How did we do it? Well we had many some of the same rules, but it was between the two of us, we did not need big brother to tell us how to stay faithful.  6 months going to places like Thailand and Korea and the Phillipines where the temptations are 100 times what they are in the average workplace.   

I disagree. Affairs in the business world is real and thriving.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 4/20/2017 at 9:06 PM, Running Gator said:

So, what all can be seen as an appearance of evil?  It seems mostly in the church today to be limited to sex, but surely there are more.  

I think a nice list of things that can appear evil would be a good way to go so that people know not to do these things.

I will get us started.

1.  Walking down the beer/wine aisle.  This can give the appearance you are an drunk, which is evil.  We need to never walk down this aisle at the grocery store.

2.  Talking to the same woman who is not your wife/mother/daughter in the foyer at church two weeks a in row after the service.  This can give the appearance you are having an affair. 

3.  Driving an expensive car, this can give the appearance of greed or the love of money, which is evil.  

4.  Owning an expensive house.  See number 3.

5.  Being overweight.  This can give the appearance of both gluttony and slothfulness, both of which are evil. 

6.  Talking about the accomplishment of either ourselves or our children.  This can give the appearance of pride, which is evil. 

That is all I can come up with off the top of my head, I am sure there are more.

7. Walking your 100 pound dog without a poopy bag. This gives the appearance of "you don't love your neighbor as yourself, or that you really don't love your enemies." 

• Group:  Royal Member *

Just now, missmuffet said:

I disagree. Affairs in the business world is real and thriving.

Yes, and no list of rules from the company are going to stop two people who want to have an affair.  Do adults really need to be told not to send flirtatious emails?  Really, grown men and women are not smart enough to know that is not a good thing?  Just mind boggling to me.

1 minute ago, Spock said:

7. Walking your 100 pound dog without a poopy bag. This gives the appearance of "you don't love your neighbor as yourself, or that you really don't love your enemies." 

Now that is for sure!  Thanks for adding to the list!

4 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Yes, and no list of rules from the company are going to stop two people who want to have an affair.  Do adults really need to be told not to send flirtatious emails?  Really, grown men and women are not smart enough to know that is not a good thing?  Just mind boggling to me.

That is true. This world is full of choices. But I am speaking of the Christian and the choices that they should make for their spouse and for God. If they are a true follower of Jesus Christ their eyes will be on God the whole time and they will have a commitment towards their marriage 100%.

Your reply is prideful.

Just now, missmuffet said:

That is true. This world is full of choices. But I am speaking of the Christian and the choices that they should make for their spouse and for God. If they are a true follower of Jesus Christ their eyes will be on God the whole time and they will have a commitment towards their marriage 100%.

If one is a true follower of Jesus Christ with their eyes on God the whole time and they have a commitment towards their marriage 100% then no set of rules is needed.   

If they are not, no set of rules will stop them. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Yowm said:

You can always bring another person with you.

this is better bro, but not allowed

16 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

If one is a true follower of Jesus Christ with their eyes on God the whole time and they have a commitment towards their marriage 100% then no set of rules is needed.   

If they are not, no set of rules will stop them. 

There have been many Christians who have had an affair and that includes Pastors. So humans need boundaries with the opposite sex in the work place.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

There have been many Christians who have had an affair and that includes Pastors. So humans need boundaries with the opposite sex in the work place.

very true, we are weak