• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings RG.....No,,no,I did not say "Disrespectful......;read it again please,I said it WOULD BE RESPECTFUL of me,lol                         

Perhaps my logic is off, but if it is respectful of you not to eat a meal alone with another woman, would it not by default be disrespectful of you to do such a thing?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Maybe I'm not understanding you......I'm dealing with a tragic loss right now & I probably shouldn't even be here right now,I do apologize but I have  no idea what you are talking about......"Do what thing?"

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

If one is a true follower of Jesus Christ with their eyes on God the whole time and they have a commitment towards their marriage 100% then no set of rules is needed.   

Actually, that is not true.  Every relationship has rules.  If we didn't need rules, we could just throw out the Bible.   It is precisely because Christians need rules and need to be reminded and have their minds renewed in those rules, that we have the Bible.

If you have your eyes on God, you won't be seen in a potentially scandalous situation, you will order your life around the principles and wisdom of Scripture.  And if people are calling you sexist and demeaning and accuse you of adhering to archaic rules, then you know you're on the right track with your Christian walk.

22 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually, that is not true.  Every relationship has rules.  If we didn't need rules, we could just throw out the Bible.   It is precisely because Christians need rules and need to be reminded and have their minds renewed in those rules, that we have the Bible.

If you have your eyes on God, you won't be seen in a potentially scandalous situation, you will order your life around the principles and wisdom of Scripture.  And if people are calling you sexist and demeaning and accuse you of adhering to archaic rules, then you know you're on the right track with your Christian walk.

Since you were clearly not following the discussion, just looking for another chance to take a shot at me, let me help you out. 

The rules I was speaking of in that post were rules posted by a company to keep people from having affairs.  Rules like no flirty email and such.  

So, I stand by my statement, you no not need rules (given by a company) to keep you from cheating on your spouse if you are a true follower of Jesus Christ with your eyes on God the whole time and have a commitment towards their marriage that is 100%.   

If one needs the company they work for to tell them not to send flirty email, then there some serious issues with the person.   If one needs to have people of the opposite gender put on different floors in hotel to keep them from cheating on their spouse, then they have some serious issues.

33 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Maybe I'm not understanding you......I'm dealing with a tragic loss right now & I probably shouldn't even be here right now,I do apologize but I have  no idea what you are talking about......"Do what thing?"

It is really not that important, I am sorry for your loss.  I will be praying for you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Thanks my friend,,,,please pray for her MOm "Kate",,,,,she is a member here & so was "JACIE"

Guest shiloh357
48 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Since you were clearly not following the discussion, just looking for another chance to take a shot at me, let me help you out. 

The rules I was speaking of in that post were rules posted by a company to keep people from having affairs.  Rules like no flirty email and such.  

So, I stand by my statement, you no not need rules (given by a company) to keep you from cheating on your spouse if you are a true follower of Jesus Christ with your eyes on God the whole time and have a commitment towards their marriage that is 100%.   

If one needs the company they work for to tell them not to send flirty email, then there some serious issues with the person.   If one needs to have people of the opposite gender put on different floors in hotel to keep them from cheating on their spouse, then they have some serious issues.

No, I understood you, perfectly and was following the discussion.  And I stand by what I said.  My point is that we all need rules and it doesn't matter if you are following Christ or not.  Anyone is subject to temptation.  Following Jesus doesn't make us immune from temptation or lapses in judgment.

And even staying on different floors isn't a bad idea.   See, we are supposed to flee temptation, not see how close we can get to the edge.   Taking extra precautions isn't a sign weakness as it is a sign of Godly wisdom.

16 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, I understood you, perfectly and was following the discussion.  And I stand by what I said.  My point is that we all need rules and it doesn't matter if you are following Christ or not.  Anyone is subject to temptation.  Following Jesus doesn't make us immune from temptation or lapses in judgment.

And even staying on different floors isn't a bad idea.   See, we are supposed to flee temptation, not see how close we can get to the edge.   Taking extra precautions isn't a sign weakness as it is a sign of Godly wisdom.

You know, you raise a good point.  If you tell me that you need company guidelines to know that it is wrong to send flirty email, who am I to say that you don't.  If you tell me you need the company to put women on a different floor to keep you from sexual promiscuity, who am I to say that you are wrong.  

My marriage on the other hand has been forged in the fire of multiple deployments and more temptations than anyone in this country would understand.  And I did flee from them, but not because the Corps told me to, but because my love for God and my wife told me to.  

I need to remember not all people are at the same point.  

Guest shiloh357
19 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

You know, you raise a good point.  If you tell me that you need company guidelines to know that it is wrong to send flirty email, who am I to say that you don't.  If you tell me you need the company to put women on a different floor to keep you from sexual promiscuity, who am I to say that you are wrong.  

My marriage on the other hand has been forged in the fire of multiple deployments and more temptations than anyone in this country would understand.  And I did flee from them, but not because the Corps told me to, but because my love for God and my wife told me to.  

I need to remember not all people are at the same point.  

It's not that anyone needs it, really.   But it is simply an extra safeguard against being tempted in the first place.  And it is Godly wisdom.  Godly, sexist, archaic, demeaning wisdom, I guess.  But that's okay.

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It's not that anyone needs it, really.   But it is simply an extra safeguard against being tempted in the first place.  And it is Godly wisdom.  Godly, sexist, archaic, demeaning wisdom, I guess.  But that's okay.

Either you need the extra safeguard or you do not, there is no middle ground.  Either you need your company to tell you how to act around women or you let God tell you.  If one is keeping their eye on God there is no need for the company rules, if one is not the company rules are not going to stop anything. 

Godly wisdom does rely on man made rules, it is in the heart.  Man makes rules because people lack Godly wisdom and self control.