• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

That is why I think it is a very good suggestion for a married man to not be alone with another woman. I have read that Billy Graham did just that.

Yeah, I do not disagree, there is wisdom in it. I would want to keep things more public, just to avoid complications from accusations, if nothing else, having nothing to do with my self-assessment of tempatation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Yeah, I do not disagree, there is wisdom in it. I would want to keep things more public, just to avoid complications from accusations, if nothing else, having nothing to do with my self-assessment of tempatation.

Yes, a wise choice. Especially for your marriage.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Evil= What is morally wrong, sinful, or wicked.

So, what is morally wrong, sinful, or wicked with two co-workers driving in the same car to a meeting or what have you if they happen to be of different genders?

What is morally wrong, sinful, or wicked with two co-workers having a working lunch at a public facility if they happen to be of different genders?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

its there a scipture that says there is safety in numbers?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

36 minutes ago, Ghostdog said:

its there a scipture that says there is safety in numbers?

Yes, even though they are in a public place what is they meet in an intimate little restaurant and she shows up in a "little black dress" ? If they have a couple of drinks?

Some women do not care if a guy is married. It is a challenge to see if she can get him.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

18 hours ago, Running Gator said:

So, what all can be seen as an appearance of evil?  It seems mostly in the church today to be limited to sex, but surely there are more.  

I think a nice list of things that can appear evil would be a good way to go so that people know not to do these things.

I will get us started.

1.  Walking down the beer/wine aisle.  This can give the appearance you are an drunk, which is evil.  We need to never walk down this aisle at the grocery store.

2.  Talking to the same woman who is not your wife/mother/daughter in the foyer at church two weeks a in row after the service.  This can give the appearance you are having an affair. 

3.  Driving an expensive car, this can give the appearance of greed or the love of money, which is evil.  

4.  Owning an expensive house.  See number 3.

5.  Being overweight.  This can give the appearance of both gluttony and slothfulness, both of which are evil. 

6.  Talking about the accomplishment of either ourselves or our children.  This can give the appearance of pride, which is evil. 

That is all I can come up with off the top of my head, I am sure there are more.

I'm coming in late here so I am not sure where you all are in this topic. But I will start at the beginning.  There are Christians who's calling in life seems to be to find and point out the faults and short comings of other Christians.  Maybe they are still growing in Christ, maybe they are holding to their old ways. Who knows? But if as a Christian you are rushing to harsh judgments about fellow Christians as listen above, you need to do some serious Bible reading and searching of your own heart. Jesus ate with the sinners. 

Funny Story From My Pass For Your Enjoyment: :cool2:

One Wed. night I was at our church's Wed. night Bible study. Our study leader who was a middle age women was freaking out because she made the mistake of pulling into the local liquor store to turn around. ( small town there is only 1 liquor store in town)  She was all worried that people would see her pulling out of the liquor store parking lot and what they would think about her. This is when I realized that I see things very differently then other people and I had no ideal that people cared about such things.  Because if I had seen her pulling out of the liquor store parking lot, I would have just waved at her and not think anymore of it.  Because I actually shop at the local liquor store.:o  It was right next to the laundry mat and they sold Snapple Fruit Drinks. So whenever I was doing laundry I would go over to the liquor store, go inside, and buy a bottle of Snapple Fruit Drink and be on my way. Never having it enter my mind that someone would think something bad about me if they see me coming out of a liquor store. LOL :24:

15 hours ago, Running Gator said:

In the other thread the OP asked for opinions and I gave mine, but that seemed to upset a lot of people so I started a new thread so as not to derail his. 

That happens to me a lot I totally understand. 

Just now, LadyKay said:

That happens to me a lot I totally understand. 

I think that people do not really want opinions, they want people to tell them they are right.  This happens to me all the time on Facebook, people go "what do you think about (fill in the blank)" and I will give my honest opinion and then they will get mad because I guess I was just supposed to validate them, not have an actual discussion.  

7 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I'm coming in late here so I am not sure where you all are in this topic. But I will start at the beginning.  There are Christians who's calling in life seems to be to find and point out the faults and short comings of other Christians.  Maybe they are still growing in Christ, maybe they are holding to their old ways. Who knows? But if as a Christian you are rushing to harsh judgments about fellow Christians as listen above, you need to do some serious Bible reading and searching of your own heart. Jesus ate with the sinners. 

Funny Story From My Pass For Your Enjoyment: :cool2:

One Wed. night I was at our church's Wed. night Bible study. Our study leader who was a middle age women was freaking out because she made the mistake of pulling into the local liquor store to turn around. ( small town there is only 1 liquor store in town)  She was all worried that people would see her pulling out of the liquor store parking lot and what they would think about her. This is when I realized that I see things very differently then other people and I had no ideal that people cared about such things.  Because if I had seen her pulling out of the liquor store parking lot, I would have just waved at her and not think anymore of it.  Because I actually shop at the local liquor store.:o  It was right next to the laundry mat and they sold Snapple Fruit Drinks. So whenever I was doing laundry I would go over to the liquor store, go inside, and buy a bottle of Snapple Fruit Drink and be on my way. Never having it enter my mind that someone would think something bad about me if they see me coming out of a liquor store. LOL :24:

I have known people that would not walk down the beer/wine aisle at the grocery store out of fear of being seen in that aisle.   One of them would then get in their Jag and drive home to their 5000 sqft home, never once worrying if they happened to give the appearance of greed. 

15 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I agree, we need to abstain from every form of evil.  Riding in a car with a member of the opposite gender is not a form of evil.

I have road in a car with the opposite gender many times. If someone takes issue with it I think it is their issue and not mine. Maybe this is what is meant when it says how you judge others you will be judge.(Matthew 7:2 ) Cause if they are passing judgement on me accusing me of sin for doing nothing more then ridding in a car with someone, then they are guilty of the sin of judgment.  Just a thought. I like to think.