OldSchool2

Where in the world is Carl Vinson?

7 posts in this topic

"... In the face of antagonism from North Korea last week, Trump had said the USS Carl Vinson carrier group was being deployed to waters off the Korean Peninsula.

"'We are sending an armada. Very powerful,' Trump told Fox Business Channel's Maria Bartiromo. 'We have submarines. Very powerful. Far more powerful than the aircraft carrier. That, I can tell you.'
 
"It turns out the carrier group was never actually steaming towards the peninsula, but rather heading to joint exercises with the Australian navy. US officials insist it's now on its way to the Sea of Japan, known in South Korea as the East Sea. It still hasn't arrived...."
 
 
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why should Washington tell anyone every move our fleets make?  Anyway, I just heard on the news that the carrier group is about forty eight hours off the Korean Peninsula.  Whether that's true or not depends on who you believe.  And the S. Koreans STILL haven't retracted their news story about two more groups headed there.....that story is NOT true and no other news source has reported it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Why should Washington tell anyone every move our fleets make?  

So that the public will know.  Our enemies already know, you cannot hide a fleet.   And since our enemies know, there is no reason for us not to know.

When I was in the Philippines the bar girls and taxi drivers knew when a fleet was about to dock long before any of us service members did.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:48 AM, OldSchool2 said:

"... In the face of antagonism from North Korea last week, Trump had said the USS Carl Vinson carrier group was being deployed to waters off the Korean Peninsula.

"'We are sending an armada. Very powerful,' Trump told Fox Business Channel's Maria Bartiromo. 'We have submarines. Very powerful. Far more powerful than the aircraft carrier. That, I can tell you.'
 
"It turns out the carrier group was never actually steaming towards the peninsula, but rather heading to joint exercises with the Australian navy. US officials insist it's now on its way to the Sea of Japan, known in South Korea as the East Sea. It still hasn't arrived...."
 
 

www.marinetraffic.com 

You can track marine traffic on that site. Though of course tracking military traffic can be difficult at best as they all do have means of blocking tracking means

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:26 AM, MorningGlory said:

Why should Washington tell anyone every move our fleets make?...

They probably announced the move to reassure South Koreans that US help was on the way, even though it was going the wrong way.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

www.marinetraffic.com 

You can track marine traffic on that site. Though of course tracking military traffic can be difficult at best as they all do have means of blocking tracking means

The USS Michigan docked today in S. Korea today so the CV task force can't be far behind.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites