Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,394
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

For me, light is a fascinating subject, and the Bible has much to say about light. The properties and spectrums of light may not be finite from my studies, and we can only see a very small fraction of what's there, even with modern instruments. 

Anyway... I've always had many questions about the first chapter of Genesis. One of which is the 'two' different light sources, the one mentioned in Genesis 1: 3 (Strong's H216 Ore), and in Genesis 1:14-15 (Strong's H3974 our luminous bodies of light). 

Has anyone out there come to any conclusions or guesses as to what the light in Genesis 1:3 could be? I find very little even running a search on it. I listened to a program awhile back where they were referring to this light in Gen 1:3 as medieval light, also I've heard it called divine illumination. I heard one commentator mention it possibly could be the forces and laws of the universe may have been created first, and that could be a possible explanation? That sounds logical and plausible. Another theory I ran across, explains it that it may be a divine force that occupies everyone and everything, that holds everything together? That also sounds logical and reasonable. Anyone done a study on this and come up with any conclusions or ideas?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

What if we transliterate light as total electromagnetic spectrum?

And God created the total electromagnetic  spectrum. 

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Spirit: think of all created that is and now not yet still 'IS'... then you have what was before creation ever began...