IGNORED

Predators, Dangerous Deviants & J.D. Hall of Pulpit & Pen

Danger Noodle

Guest shiloh357

You can try and drag JD Hall and Maples through the mud all you want.  None of that changes the fact that the Eastern Orthodox Church is not authentic,  biblical Christianity.   Making the issue about them, only shows an inability to address the actual theological heresies and errors of the Eastern Orthodox "church."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Let's not drag one thread into another.  IF this continues, I will just merge the two threads.  Not need to have two fronts on the same issue.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

A response to the hit piece on Hank Hanegraaf’s Greek Orthodox temple

April 19, 2017 
Christ is risen!

Dear Mr Maples,

I have read your piece describing your attempt to ‘confront’ Hank Hanegraaf at a Pascha service at his new Greek Orthodox Church in light of you thinking that he has left the Christian faith. I have read some responses to you about this, especially the ones by James Deagle, Rod Dreher, Orthodoxidation, and Craig Tugilia.

The above writers take your propositions about the Orthodox Church quite seriously; unfortunately, I do not share their seriousness because I am not convinced that you are at all a serious writer. This is because in reading your piece, I found it adorable how much you go out of your way to protest all the various trappings of the Byzantine liturgy, forcing yourself to dislike that to which you are secretly and mysteriously drawn. This is of course my projection into your psyche, and unlike Deagle above, I am not above tit for tat. Even for a Protestant, you do protest a bit much.

When you decide to be received by chrismation into the Holy Orthodox Church (or perhaps, since you have ‘sat through Catholic masses,’ you might join me in being part of a Greek Catholic Church if you wish to be in communion with the Bishop of Rome), please feel free to write me. Barring the event that you are unable to produce a valid baptismal certificate, your baptism would most likely be valid. Especially if you can sing, you should consider converting; we are not above taking you in only for your evangelical voice – no longer on the blogosphere, we would hope, but mystically representing the seraphim in the Divine Liturgy.

Christ is risen!
Justin Tse
Eastern Catholic Person

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aug062014

imagesI’d never heard of J.D. Hall until a couple of years ago.

He crossed my radar with the publication of a book called ” Help! Arminians Are Giving Me Nightmares Again”.

I’m a Calvinist, but I don’t believe such hyperbole is helpful in theological discussions.

The hyperbole got Hall a lot of attention and a lot of new friends who were more famous than he was.

He was in the club now.

That club was the ‘elite” of the Reformed Baptists and Calvinistic non denoms.

http://michaelnewnham.com/?p=18866

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Let's not drag one thread into another.  IF this continues, I will just merge the two threads.  Not need to have two fronts on the same issue.

Please thank you. Do merge my other thread about what Hall fails to understand about divine liturgy. That way the full expose of J.D. Hall, who harassed a young man, a Baptist pastor, Eargun Caner's son. To the point the poor boy took his own life, can be realized by those who have been beset by his articles condemning the first church after that of Jesus Christ and founded by the Apostle John-Mark can be exposed for what it is. More of the same targeted harassment of a Christian of Hall's choice. Like unto that young man who killed himself to escape the onslaught. 

Like what hopes to do the same to Hank Hanegraaff it appears. And by relation, allegedly, Jesus' own Apostles founded church and its contemporary membership world wide. 

Thank you again. 

Christianity Today Suicide of Pastor's Kid Prompts (Some) Soul-Searching Among Ergun Caner Critics

(UPDATED) After death of 15-year-old Braxton Caner, the online Christian watchdog world assesses whether one of its own went too far.

But! See below. That act of contrition didn't last at all. 

PREDATORS, DANGEROUS DEVIANTS & J.D. HALL.......Now you might remember the name J.D. Hall. He is a Montana-based pastor, author and founder of the Pulpit & Pen blog. But he is perhaps best known for his online harassment of former Brewton-Parker College president Ergun Caner’s teenaged son Braxton, who tragically ended up committing suicide last year.

According to The Christian Post, Pastor Hall “confessed to his congregation at Fellowship Baptist Church that he was ‘crushed” by Braxton’s death.”

Pastor Hall, who’d become notorious in many Christian circles for his aggressive online battles in the name of “defending truth,” told his church at the time: “The irony is that about three weeks ago I made known to you, my flock, that I was walking away from these conflicts. … In one sense, I am reaping what I sowed. When you live by the sword, you die by it … Knowing now that this young man struggled with that level of despair, I am even more sorry that my interaction with him was adversarial rather than pastoral.”

At the time he said this, I thought Pastor Hall’s response to the tragedy was wholly appropriate and right. How impressive, I thought, that he could humble himself like that, admit how wrong his behavior was and vow never to become adversarial in an online context ever again. Good for him!

Well, that was then.

Because as soon as Pastor Hall saw my husband deny on Twitter that he was literally a “rapist at heart,” he swooped in for the kill.

He tweeted to my husband: “Yeah, are you sure? Our view of depravity calls baloney on that.” When I retweeted my husband’s response, Pastor Hall further mocked me for retweeting my husband’s denial, telling us, “You know what’s funny? Your wife RT’d that like she believed you.”

SARAH EEKHOFF ZYLSTRA 
[ POSTED 8/7/2014 01:28PM ]

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The eastern church is full of false theology and a false "gospel"  and they truly need Christ.    It is not hateful to say that.  They founded on as much error as RCC.

This is the issue as I see it, and should be the only one that needs discussing.

shiloh is a champion for the gospel message going forth - faith alone in the work of Christ at Calvary (Gal 2:15)  Don't add human merit.  He agrees, good works AFFIRMS OR VALIDATES ones faith only.

When he sees churches espousing something contrary he exposes it.  I see nothing wrong with that. No one should. The devil is very subtle in the way he attempts to confuse and mislead people. We should be aware of these and it seems clear to me that is all Shiloh is attempting to do- expose error. 

He did that with Coptic doctrines and has gotten blasted for it. I'm not sure why Shiloh's motives or methods are being debated or discussed instead of Coptic doctrine (or RCC doctrines for that matter).   All church doctrines Should be discussed and exposed if false doctrines abound. And this includes any Protestant church too. Any church that promotes a,different gospel should be exposed for their error.  Don't you agree? 

Spock

Edited by Spock

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The eastern church is full of false theology and a false "gospel"  and they truly need Christ.    It is not hateful to say that.  They founded on as much error as RCC.

I think they have christ. But your right that error is not a good thing. But the non essentials does not make a church outside the body of christ. They are founded on the resurrection of christ. So  to say they are founded on error is almost to say christ is error. To dismiss millions of Christians over nonessential doctrine is going the wrong path.

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I think they have christ. But your right that error is not a good thing. But the non essentials does not make a church outside the body of christ. They are founded on the resurrection of christ. So  to say they are founded on error is almost to say christ is error. To dismiss millions of Christians over nonessential doctrine is going the wrong path.

Not talking about non-essentials.  They deny the authority of Scripture and the doctrine of Penal Substitutionary Atonement.  Those are core biblical doctrines.  The idea that our sin was imputed to Jesus on the cross, that he paid the penalty of our sin and bore the full weight of God's justice on our behalf is the heart of the Christian message.   But that is denied by the Eastern Orthodox.   So this is a serious deal.  

This is not about ritual or tradition or non-essentials, whatsoever.

Guest shiloh357
20 minutes ago, Spock said:

This is the issue as I see it, and should be the only one that needs discussing.

shiloh is a champion for the gospel message going forth - faith alone in the work of Christ at Calvary (Gal 2:15)  Don't add human merit.  He agrees, good works AFFIRMS OR VALIDATES ones faith only.

When he sees churches espousing something contrary he exposes it.  I see nothing wrong with that. No one should. The devil is very subtle in the way he attempts to confuse and mislead people. We should be aware of these and it seems clear to me that is all Shiloh is attempting to do- expose error. 

He did that with Coptic doctrines and has gotten blasted for it. I'm not sure why Shiloh's motives or methods are being debated or discussed instead of Coptic doctrine (or RCC doctrines for that matter).   All church doctrines Should be discussed and exposed if false doctrines abound. And this includes any Protestant church too. Any church that promotes a,different gospel should be exposed for their error.  Don't you agree? 

Spock

thanks Spock, for your kind words.  :thumbsup:

37 minutes ago, Danger Noodle said:

Please thank you. Do merge my other thread about what Hall fails to understand about divine liturgy. That way the full expose of J.D. Hall, who harassed a young man, a Baptist pastor, Eargun Caner's son. To the point the poor boy took his own life, can be realized by those who have been beset by his articles condemning the first church after that of Jesus Christ and founded by the Apostle John-Mark can be exposed for what it is. More of the same targeted harassment of a Christian of Hall's choice. Like unto that young man who killed himself to escape the onslaught. 

Like what hopes to do the same to Hank Hanegraaff it appears. And by relation, allegedly, Jesus' own Apostles founded church and its contemporary membership world wide. 

Thank you again. 

Christianity Today Suicide of Pastor's Kid Prompts (Some) Soul-Searching Among Ergun Caner Critics

(UPDATED) After death of 15-year-old Braxton Caner, the online Christian watchdog world assesses whether one of its own went too far.

But! See below. That act of contrition didn't last at all. 

PREDATORS, DANGEROUS DEVIANTS & J.D. HALL.......Now you might remember the name J.D. Hall. He is a Montana-based pastor, author and founder of the Pulpit & Pen blog. But he is perhaps best known for his online harassment of former Brewton-Parker College president Ergun Caner’s teenaged son Braxton, who tragically ended up committing suicide last year.

According to The Christian Post, Pastor Hall “confessed to his congregation at Fellowship Baptist Church that he was ‘crushed” by Braxton’s death.”

Pastor Hall, who’d become notorious in many Christian circles for his aggressive online battles in the name of “defending truth,” told his church at the time: “The irony is that about three weeks ago I made known to you, my flock, that I was walking away from these conflicts. … In one sense, I am reaping what I sowed. When you live by the sword, you die by it … Knowing now that this young man struggled with that level of despair, I am even more sorry that my interaction with him was adversarial rather than pastoral.”

At the time he said this, I thought Pastor Hall’s response to the tragedy was wholly appropriate and right. How impressive, I thought, that he could humble himself like that, admit how wrong his behavior was and vow never to become adversarial in an online context ever again. Good for him!

Well, that was then.

Because as soon as Pastor Hall saw my husband deny on Twitter that he was literally a “rapist at heart,” he swooped in for the kill.

He tweeted to my husband: “Yeah, are you sure? Our view of depravity calls baloney on that.” When I retweeted my husband’s response, Pastor Hall further mocked me for retweeting my husband’s denial, telling us, “You know what’s funny? Your wife RT’d that like she believed you.”

SARAH EEKHOFF ZYLSTRA 
[ POSTED 8/7/2014 01:28PM ]

I don't know who Pastor Hall is. But I know debates over doctrine or anything can go over board until people in the body of christ are enemies. We try to defend truth but end up walking in hate and darkness. Now the hate is on for Hank . As if he cannot be a teacher and host for a bible based show. I heard they took him off some big radio stations already. To me this is persecution. God will judge this. We persecute Christians who uphold christ while we have Islam on our backs. Pretty stupid. 

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Not talking about non-essentials.  They deny the authority of Scripture and the doctrine of Penal Substitutionary Atonement.  Those are core biblical doctrines.  The idea that our sin was imputed to Jesus on the cross, that he paid the penalty of our sin and bore the full weight of God's justice on our behalf is the heart of the Christian message.   But that is denied by the Eastern Orthodox.   So this is a serious deal.  

This is not about ritual or tradition or non-essentials, whatsoever.

Your saying they deny the cross ?