• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, I have already quoted from EO websites their opposition to imputed righteousness and penal subtitutionary atonement.

They really are closer to Biblical Christianity than most today! Thanks for pointing that out!

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Jeff2 said:

They really are closer to Biblical Christianity than most today! Thanks for pointing that out!

No, the EO is a departure from biblical Christianity, as they reject what Paul taught and reject the true Gospel.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  311
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, Spock said:

Hey Joshua,

lets keep this simple between you and me.  

First, I am not your judge so you won't hear me make this personal. And I don't believe anyone here is judging your soul either.  We all just care about false messages going out to the masses. 

secondly, my interest on this thread is discussing church doctrines. Who are doing it right and who aren't?  

Thirdly, having come from a RCC upbringing and now knowing had I not been born again (mid 20s) I was heading straight to Hell, I am very concerned about churches with false doctrines or burden their flock with man made traditions that hinder the pure simple message of the gospel.

Basically, I have two major concerns:

1. the concern with EOC i may have is simply, do they add conditions (man's works or efforts)  such as baptism, as a requirement for justification? Or is it simply, nope, you are completely justified by trusting in Christ's atonement at Calvary. Christ took my sins on the cross with him and I receive his gift of eternal life. (Good works AFFIRM ones true faith.) 

2. and my second concern is that sola scripture is not a doctrine, thus allowing man's tradition to influence or even confuse the truth. 

I hope you can understand why some of us here are concerned about these two points. Some think our motivation comes from hate, but that is the furthest thing from the truth. It's because we care and like God, we don't desire any to perish.  

I would examine doctrine with scripture with any religion, not just EOC. 

Cheers,

spock

Yes, let us keep it simple brother.

Every Christian I believe is concerned with the souls of others so that they not perish eternally removed from God.

It is in that concern that the teachings of Jesus inform and carry forward the Christian indwelt with God's Holy Spirit. As has been stated repeatedly but seemingly ignored, the foundation of gospel, good news, teachings being rooted in the principles of grace, faith, repentance, Jesus, baptism, salvation, that list afforded in no particular order.  While the manner of celebrating God, of carrying forth confession in a different manner than that which is between the Christian and God in prayer, are adornments that surround the core principles of Jesus' truth and teaching. 

And in that regard, being the spirit of Christ should inform the Christian, and that includes the doctrine of truth and love for one another. Therefore, the opposite of that doctrine demonstrating itself by repeatedly insisting the core principles of salvation that the EOC holds to that are in line with Protestant denominations is not so is contrary in itself to what Jesus sought to impart to the world and those converts to his truth.

I'll keep that simple being it may be over your head, as someone said of something I wrote before with seemingly flowery language they could not follow, per their remarks to that end.

2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

That renewed creation in Christ committed to the above scripture would not misrepresent the truth of equality in the salvation points the EO holds identical to Protestants. The ceremony being secondary when the grounding principles that saves souls are the same.  Starting with God's grace through unto Baptism.

Nor would that new creation in Christ abhor that truth and in its stead favor vilification of the most ancient church second to Christ's on earth, so as to defame and slander repeatedly the committed heart and blessed fruit of one of Jesus Christ's beloved Disciples, the Apostle John-Mark.

Absolutely, opinions on any given topic do vary. However, foundation principles of the EO is not a matter of opinion but of Doctrine. And especially when the resources here provided prove the EO church itself identifies and teaches that Grace, Faith, Jesus, Salvation, Scripture, Baptism, are God's blueprint to Salvation. To renew the unregenerate, those dead in their sins. Just as is the case in Protestantism.

When opinion enters into that is when the committed disparage a church, ignore the truth of the Grace principles already described, in order to denigrate that which is the Orthodox Christian church. And that is not pursued with the concern for the soul of the sinners or the righteous in Christ in mind. Otherwise, respect for the doctrine shared with Protestants concerning Salvation would example itself and we would not be having this debate about what truth and love for God's word appears to be. And what the opposite of that has shown itself intent to example. 

25 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Then maybe you can provide a preached example of the Gospel by the EO similar  to what we find in the Book of Acts?

I think not when all other resource efforts expended by those who cared to share have been ignored.

Then perhaps you can kindly link an official source that clearly states the Orthodox position on these matters? It gets tiresome of bringing up sources only to have them denied as official by Orthodox apologists.

There were no official orthodox apologists introduced into this discussion that did any such thing.

It has brought me out and kept me out of many cults.

That was not the question. I'll take the diversion as admission you've never entered an Orthodox Christian church.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

No, the EO is a departure from biblical Christianity, as they reject what Paul taught and reject the true Gospel.

This is demonstrably untruth for anyone who wishes to read the actual resources sourced from Orthodox Christian information sites in this and other threads on this topic.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

1 minute ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

This is demonstrably untruth for anyone who wishes to read the actual resources sourced from Orthodox Christian information sites in this and other threads on this topic.

buddy, I am starting to think any orthodox church that honours Jesus is ok

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

I actually quoted from EO sources, so I am telling the truth.   EO rejects the true Gospel.

9 minutes ago, a tryer said:

buddy, I am starting to think any orthodox church that honours Jesus is ok

They all honor Jesus brother. The basic principles Jesus taught concerning Salvation are the foundation principles in the Orthodox church.

This resource was posted long ago in these discussions concerning the practice in the Orthodox Christian church.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Just now, JoshuasonFlower said:

They all honor Jesus brother. The basic principles Jesus taught concerning Salvation are the foundation principles in the Orthodox church.

This resource was posted long ago in these discussions concerning the practice in the Orthodox Christian church.

just supporting you mate I am determinably not defensive...more a peace-maker

hover3.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6