• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

1000 YEARS, ROD STUDY

Intro: This was a difficult study because scripture doesn't go too in depth with these events. (NJ = New Jerusalem)

Script:
Isa 11 mentions earth 4 times and Psa 2 mentions earth 3 times with no mention of the New Jerusalem yet, and Isa 11 does mention "the rod"..

Isa 11:4 Barnes' Notes on the Bible - And he shall smite the earth - By the "earth" here, or the land, is meant evidently "the wicked," as the following member of the parallelism shows. Perhaps it is intended to be implied, that the earth, when he should come, would be eminently depraved; which was the fact. The characteristic here is that of an upright judge or prince, who would punish the wicked. To "smite" the earth, or the wicked, is expressive of punishment; and this characteristic is elsewhere attributed to the Messiah; see Psalm 2:9-12; Revelation 2:27. The trait is that of a just, upright, impartial exercise of power - such as would be manifested in the defense of the poor and the innocent, and in the punishment of the proud and the guilty.

Psa 2:9 You will break them with a rod of iron; you will dash them to pieces like pottery."

Isa 11:4 but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked.

Rev 2:26-27 To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations— 27that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’ —just as I have received authority from my Father.

Rev 12:5 She gave birth to a son (huios Jesus Christ himself), a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child (teknon the church) was snatched up (harpazo) to God and to his throne.

Rev 19:15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”

Conclusion: 
1. The church along with Christ will rule all the nations with an iron scepter inside the 1000 years. 
2. I see no mention of the New Jerusalem inside the 1000 years, therefore we will reign on earth inside the 1000 years and wait for the NJ at the end of the 1000 years.

THE NJ/HOLY CITY STUDY

Intro: This was a difficult study because scripture doesn't go too in depth with these events. (NJ = New Jerusalem)

Script:
1. The Jerusalem on earth has always been considered "the holy city", Dan 9:24.
2. Jesus gives us a geographical location of where He will land on earth, along with the saints at second coming, Zech 14:4, Rev 19:14.
3. Rev 3:11-12, Rev 7:15-17, Rev 21:1-4 and Rev 21:9-10 are all visions of a future event and place, and the timing of the NJ is at the New Earth.
4. The tree of life only exists on the New Earth, not the 1000 years Rev 22:2, 14, 19.
5. "Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people". This verse is separating place and people. Rev 21:2-3. 
6. Three tabernacles - The Greek word for "he will tabernacle" is "skénoó" (John 1:14 Old Earth, Rev 7:15/Rev 12:12 Heaven, Rev 21:3 New Earth.)

1. Jesus wins the battle for His bride, Rev 19:6
2. The bride makes herself ready, Rev 19:7-8
3. The wedding supper is prepared, Rev 19:9
4. Jesus prepares a home for His bride, Rev 21:1-2
5. Every enemy will be removed, Rev 21:3-4
6. Everything will be made new, Rev 21:5
7. Jesus and His bride live happily ever after, Rev 21:9
8. Jesus’ bride is believers of all time, Rev 21:10
9. Jesus’ bride will be glorious, Rev 21:11

The meaning of the word "hetoimazó" is below and is found in John 14:2-3, Heb 11:16, Rev 19:7, Rev 21:2..

John 14:2 - to prepare
John 14:3 - prepare
Heb 11:16 - he has prepared
Rev 19:7 - has made ready
Rev 21:2 - having been prepared

John 14:1-4 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God ; believe also in me. 2My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Heb 11:13-16 All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. 14People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

Rev 19:7 Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.

Rev 21:1-4 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Conclusion: 
1. The wedding supper takes place at the second coming after Jesus condemns Babylon, Rev 19:2.
2. The NJ will be prepared for us in heaven upon rapture Gal 4:26, but we will leave the NJ at the second coming when we return to earth with Jesus Christ. 
3. We will then enter the NJ permanently on the New Earth after the 1000 years have ended.
4. The reason we enter the NJ at rapture, leave it at the second coming, then enter into it again on the New Earth is because while we're still inside the 1000 years on earth God will still be "making everything new" in Rev 21:5.. https://www.gotquestions.org/thousand-year-reign-Christ.html 
5. Remember, even though we leave the NJ Jesus will still tabernacle with believers from the old earth, to the rapture in heaven, to the 1000 years, all the way up to the New Earth and forever more, but the wedding supper itself takes place at the second coming. Everything will be made new at its completeness at the New Earth. 
6. The NJ is ready for the Bride in heaven at rapture, but it also has to be ready for the Bride on earth. The NJ will be ready on earth at the New Earth.
7. Done

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 2 - There actually is another approach one could take on this subject. The bride is being compared to a city in Rev 21:2, 9 figuratively and symbolically, which I think could be the most logical answer...

Psa 45:13-14 All glorious is the princess within her chamber; her gown is interwoven with gold. 14 In embroidered garments she is led to the king; her virgin companions follow her— those brought to be with her. 

Isa 61:10 I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. 

Isa 62:4-5 No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah,and your land Beulah ; for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be married. 5 As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you. 

Gal 4:26 But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

Eph 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 

Rev 21:2, 9 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 9One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

Commentary

Rev 21:2 Verse - And I saw the holy city, which is the New Jerusalem. I saw it coming down out of heaven from God. The city was like a woman who has dressed for her wedding. The city was like a bride, ready to join her husband... http://www.easyenglish.info/bible-commentary/revelation-lbw.htm 

Rev 21:2 Commentary - John saw that the city was beautiful. It reminded him of a lovely bride. It was like a bride who is coming to her wedding... http://www.easyenglish.info/bible-commentary/revelation-lbw.htm

Rev 21:9 Commentary - The bride of the *Lamb means the *church. The bride of the *Lamb is also called the New Jerusalem. The New Jerusalem includes all God’s people. The *Lamb has joined them to himself in the same way that a man takes a wife. There is unity between them and the *Lamb... http://www.easyenglish.info/bible-commentary/revelation-lbw.htm

Rev 21:2 Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers - (2) And I John saw the holy city . . .—Better, And the holy city, new Jerusalem, I saw coming down out of the heaven from God, prepared . . . The name John is omitted in the best MSS. The new Jerusalem is more fully described later on (Revelation 21:10 et seq.). The city is also the bride (comp. Revelation 21:9-10). Both images—the “city” and the “bride”—are familiar to the Bible student. The sacred city appears linked to God by a sacred bond. (Comp. Psalm 45:13-14; Isaiah 61:10; Isaiah 62:4-5; Galatians 4:26; Ephesians 5:25-27.) The city-bride is now adorned for her Husband. We know what her ornaments are, now that He is about to present her to Himself a glorious Church: the meekness and gentleness of Christ, and her loving obedience to Him (1Peter 3:4), are her jewels. She is seen, not rising from earth or sea, like the foes of righteousness (Revelation 13:1; Revelation 13:11), but coming down from heaven. The world will never evolve a golden age or ideal state. The new Jerusalem must descend from God. The true pattern, which alone will realize man’s highest wishes, is the pattern in the mount of God (Acts 7:44).

Rev 21:2 Barnes' Notes on the Bible - And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven - See the Analysis of the chapter. On the phrase "new Jerusalem," see the Galatians 4:26 note, and Hebrews 12:22 note. Here it refers to the residence of the redeemed, the heavenly world, of which Jerusalem was the type and symbol. It is here represented as "coming down from God out of heaven." This, of course, does not mean that this great city was "literally" to descend upon the earth, and to occupy any one part of the renovated world; but it is a symbolical or figurative representation, designed to show that the abode of the righteous will be splendid and glorious. The idea of a city literally descending from heaven, and being set upon the earth with such proportions - three hundred and seventy miles high Revelation 21:16, made of gold, and with single pearls for gates, and single gems for the foundations - is absurd. No man can suppose that this is literally true, and hence this must be regarded as a figurative or emblematic description. It is a representation of the heavenly state under the image of a beautiful city, of which Jerusalem was, in many respects, a natural and striking emblem.

Rev 21:9 Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers - THE HEAVENLY JERUSALEM DESCRIBED (Revelation 21:9 to Revelation 22:5).—Before entering upon this section it is wise to recall once more that the descriptions here given are figurative, and are not to be understood literally. “There is nothing in it as it seems saving the King.” This remark may well be thought needless; but the misconceptions and misrepresentations of the Christian’s hope have been many and reckless; and, even were this not the case, there is always a certain proportion of people who seem incapable of understanding figurative language........ On the east, north, south, and west, three gates — To show that people of all climates and nations may have access to it. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, inscribed with the names of the twelve apostles — Figuratively showing how great dependence the church had on their testimony, what an influence the gospel which they preached had had on raising this divine structure, and that the inhabitants of it had built only on that faith which the apostles once delivered to the saints.

Part 3 - This will be the last part of this study in regards to Rev 3:12. Thank you.

Rev 21:9-27 is referring to the beauty of the church (the body of Christ), not a 375 mile high cubed building that extends into space, is not realistic.

The word "stulos" is translated "pillar" which means "support" and is used figuratively to describe God never forsaking us, Gal 2:9, 1 Tim 3:15, Rev 3:12.

The word "naos" is translated "temple" which means "that part of the temple where God himself resides" and is used in John 2:19-22, 1 Cor 6:19-20, Rev 3:12 to describe our bodies as the temple of God.

Naos - Definition
1. used of the temple at Jerusalem, but only of the sacred edifice (or sanctuary) itself, consisting of the Holy place and the Holy of Holies (in classical Greek it is used of the sanctuary or cell of the temple, where the image of gold was placed which is distinguished from the whole enclosure)
2. any heathen temple or shrine
3. metaph. the spiritual temple consisting of the saints of all ages joined together by and in Christ

Rev 3:12 the word "church" is mentioned 44 times in the commentaries.
Rev 7:3 is mentioned 4 times in the commentaries.
Rev 14:1 is mentioned 4 times in the commentaries.
Rev 22:4 is mentioned 6 times in the commentaries.

Rev 3:12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

Rev 7:3 “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.”

Rev 14:1 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads.

Rev 22:4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

Rev 3:12 Barnes' Notes on the Bible - Which cometh down out of heaven from my God - See this explained in the notes on Revelation 21:2 ff. Of course this must be a figurative representation, but the idea is plain. It is:

Rev 3:12 Pulpit Commentary - "To write the name upon" anything is a common figurative expression in Hebrew to denote taking absolute possession of, and making completely one's own. Thus Joab fears that Rabbah may be called after his name, i.e. looked upon as his, if David should be absent at the capture of it (2 Samuel 12:28; cf. also Numbers 6:27). The struggling Christian is encouraged by hearing that a time will come when he will without any doubt become God's own, incapable of being removed or claimed by other. In the rabbinical book, 'Bava Bathra,' 75. 2, it is noted that there are three applications of the name of God: 

The width, height and length of the symbolic New Jerusalem is 375 miles.

Israel is only.. https://www.google.com/#q=israel+miles+long

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Rev 21:9-27 is referring to the beauty of the church (the body of Christ), not a 375 mile high cubed building that extends into space, is not realistic.

Hi Heb 13:8

I think it is realistic, that even the air space has borders.  Only Satan is locked up at the coming, but his angels and evil spirits remain on the earth.  They are not given power to cause havoc until the 1000 yrs expires when Satan is released from prison.  The parameters of the whole kingdom is therefore protected, and the air space boundaries are solely to keep the unclean spirits out.  It's a no fly zone.

4 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi Heb 13:8

I think it is realistic

Hi Sister,

If you look at Rev 21:9, John is describing the bride (the body of Christ) as being the NJ itself.

Rev 21:9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.

5 hours ago, Sister said:

I think it is realistic, that even the air space has borders. 

air space has borders?

5 hours ago, Sister said:

The parameters of the whole kingdom is therefore protected

The parameters of the NJ are 375 miles wide, long and high, and they well exceed past the parameters of Israel. John gave us unrealistic numbers to describe the NJ for a reason. The reason is symbolism for the church. John is describing the beauty of the bride, the church, the body of Christ Sister.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Days Won:  0

The description of the building is material .... it will be exactly as stated [Revelation 21]

1 hour ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

The description of the building is material .... it will be exactly as stated [Revelation 21]

Hi Daniel 11:36,

What verse points to it being material? If it's material it extends well beyond Israel and well into space.

I do believe 375 miles in width, length and height are figurative numbers to describe the body of Christ..

Rev 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased for God persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.

Rev 7:9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

Rev 19:1 After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: “Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Days Won:  0

Your scriptures above all represent a literal grouping of people, not a spiritual significance 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

20 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Hi Sister,

If you look at Rev 21:9, John is describing the bride (the body of Christ) as being the NJ itself.

Rev 21:9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.

Yes, I agree.

Can we go back to the top of the chapter first.

Revelation 21:1   And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Revelation 21:2   And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

This first vision would have to be after the earth is melted, right.  After all the goats are thrown into the lake of fire at the 2nd judgement, all we have left are the saints, and we have a new heaven and earth made for us called "New Jerusalem", and there is no more death.  Death and hell was thrown into the lake of fire.  Gone, done away with.

I will try to explain it like this;

God’s kingdom started in heaven, where his throne is.

Then God made a garden, an extension of his kingdom on earth where only two persons dwelt.

After this God made a "city", and that city has citizens, consisting of believers who follow God's laws and rules, but this city only has a small amount of citizens, not as many as a nation would have.

And that city will grow into a kingdom, and in that kingdom will be millions of citizens (during the millennium)

And that kingdom will still grow, and the whole world will be that kingdom, and then the whole earth. (when all is finished)

Revelation 21:9   And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Revelation 21:10   And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

John was shown the whole glory of the bride.  Christ doesn't collect his bride before she's ready, half from this resurrection, and half from the second, no, she has to be made perfect first when all righteousness has come to the full, and all together standing as one in Christ at the finish line.

So before the bride can be made perfect, that same city that exists in heaven, that has already come down to the true believers needs to grow into a great and high mountain (a great kingdom) so that Christ can get his bride ready.  He will do this during the millennium.

So John saw the bride in her whole glory, but what we have in between is the preparation of the bride, his city.  First the clean up.  The headquarters of that city on the earth will be  placed on a plot of land chosen from the very beginning...Jerusalem, which will be turned into holy Jerusalem.  The law of the Lord will go forth from here, and now we have a city no longer invisible, but manifested, and the nations can come in to learn how to become a citizen of this city.

The glory of the city as described to John is spiritual, the walls are spiritual, the gates, the foundations, the pillars etc, and if we are in this city, even now, we have an armour around us from God.  It will be the same during the millennium for those citizens.  Outside this city, any nation that does not serve the Lord will suffer hardships.  They will have no armour.  So inside that city, the kingdom growing on earth, there is protection, and a safe haven.  That city has spiritual boundaries.  No walls and no bars, but it does cover certain territories, and Jerusalem we see today, will be extended and her borders lengthened.  Nothing defiled can get inside those parameters. 

I also mentioned before that only Satan is locked up at the coming.  His angels, and evil spirits will still be here. No body ever mentions this?  why? Even they cannot come within the parameters.  And we all know that those spirits are like the wind, they are not bound to the ground.  I say that they will not even get a "peep" into what the kingdom looks like inside, for they are barred, not to come into that territory, hence why the spiritual walls are so high.  It's a no fly zone for them and protection for the citizens.

I hope this makes sense.