Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I know, this subject has been beaten to death more than my uncle's horse if he owned one, however, consider the following and tell me what you think?

To me, Revelation 11:3, and 11:6 by itself names who the two witnesses will be just by the powers granted to them by God during their prophetic ministries. One central fact that's interesting and pertinent is, the Jew's have always required a sign and at least "two" witnesses if it comes from God. For clarification I believe the two witnesses are non other than Moses and Elijah for some other reasons I've not read on this forum.

We all know at the transfiguration, Jesus was talking to Moses and Elijah, and that was witnessed by Jesus inner circle of disciples (Peter, James and John). What were they talking about, we are not told but I'll gander a guess based on the following? Whether you subscribe to Moses and Elijah, or Elijah and Enoch or whomever as the two witnesses in Revelation 11:3, they're Old Testament Saints / Prophets. What and why are Old Testament Saints doing witnessing the Gospel to the Jew's (Israel) and not New Testament Saints like Paul or John for instance? Anyone ever wondered about that? 

In light of the preceding, in Luke 24:4, we have two men in shining garments, and in John 20:12, two angels in white already in the sepulture of Jesus announcing to the woman He's not here but risen. To me, these sound like Saints who have already received their glorified bodies? I take it they were actual eyewitnesses to the actual resurrection. Could these two angels / men have been Moses and Elijah who personally witnessed the resurrection of Christ? That would fulfill the Jewish law / tradition of having at least two witnesses wouldn't it, and qualify the two Old Testament Saints / Prophets to proclaim the Gospel they never witnessed while in their flesh? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

I still think Enoch and Elijah are the most likely since they are the only two not to die a natural death.... yet.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

The setting will be the beast has convinced the world he is the promised Messiah. For a time he will even have the world believing Old Testament Judaism is the true religion. Only the Christians will oppose him (and by not taking his mark will be hunted down and killed). When the beast believes all Christians are finally exterminated, he will renege on his covenant with the Jews and relocate to Babylon. The two witnesses will be on the scene in a ministry of Moses-like and Elijah-like ministries to oppose the beast. Before or after the move to Babylon I am not certain.