MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Being single, I find it hard to buy a lot of fresh vegetables because I invariably end up throwing good money in the garbage.  I DO eat a lot of vegetables though so the frozen ones just make more sense for someone like me.  This new study finds that I, and a lot of other people, can stop feeling guilty about not eating the fresh varieties.  It seems we aren't losing the nutritional value and, bonus, we save money!

http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/2017/04/21/are-frozen-veggies-healthy-study-suggests-surprising-finding.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

That's good Morning Glory. I think we need nine servings of fruits and vegetables to be healthy. Four of Vegs and five of fruit. Everyday. And since I do this on a daily basics my energy is much higher.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

23 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

That's good Morning Glory. I think we need nine servings of fruits and vegetables to be healthy. Four of Vegs and five of fruit. Everyday. And since I do this on a daily basics my energy is much higher.

My 94 year old mother never did any of that ( Worry about fresh or frozen  or even what it is). She still eats what amounts to sugar sandwiches, only the condiment comes from Trader Joes for $6 a jar. Close as she ever comes to eating fruit  is strawberry rhubarb pie.

Her favorite  compliment  for any good tasting food is-Um good, tastes just like candy! And usually it is or will qualify as being candied. Her favorite meat is Prime rib and it will be rare. Lobsters, small neck steamed clams, and indian pudding make for special occasion eating, and all eating is special occasion. As for me: If it hasn't eaten me first I am game to try it. Of course I am only 74.

While many may find joy in denial of some foods, some may even have a need to do so, I am blessed to date with  beating prey at the food store into some fine satisfying flavors for consumption , and trying near every oddity  on restaurant menus, surviving  all gastronomic challenges  to date.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

My freezer is full of bags of frozen fruits. On a hot summer day I open a bag and pop a mouthful of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, that I have mixed in many of those bags, into my mouth. The immediate rush of cooling sensation is soothing and yet invigorating to a body that thinks it is going to perish for the heat outside. I let them melt to softness and then chew slowly to enjoy the juices that flow. Glorious.
Add them to a tub of vanilla yogurt, my favorite being all natural Stoneyfield vanilla, and the texture differences make for a very happy breakfast. Just a to share here. Don't fall for the new marketing label of "Greek" yogurt. Stoneyfield, for instance, has a "Greek Yogurt" label line that will often sit side by side with the regular tubs in the fridge section of a grocery.
It's a rip in marketing for dollars because all yogurt is Greek. The Greeks invented yogurt. God bless them for that. Really.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

7 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

My freezer is full of bags of frozen fruits. On a hot summer day I open a bag and pop a mouthful of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, that I have mixed in many of those bags, into my mouth. The immediate rush of cooling sensation is soothing and yet invigorating to a body that thinks it is going to perish for the heat outside. I let them melt to softness and then chew slowly to enjoy the juices that flow. Glorious.
Add them to a tub of vanilla yogurt, my favorite being all natural Stoneyfield vanilla, and the texture differences make for a very happy breakfast. Just a to share here. Don't fall for the new marketing label of "Greek" yogurt. Stoneyfield, for instance, has a "Greek Yogurt" label line that will often sit side by side with the regular tubs in the fridge section of a grocery.
It's a rip in marketing for dollars because all yogurt is Greek. The Greeks invented yogurt. God bless them for that. Really.

make you yogurt bro, easy as, perhaps you haven't time

Guest BacKaran

I love my yogurt and marischino cherries!

I buy fresh fruit in sale at Fresh Thyme... Seriously stocked up my freezer with black, blue berries, straw berries and bananas. I'm finally on my last gallon bag, just in time for spring! ?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

That's the trick . Make it last. ;) 

27 minutes ago, a tryer said:

make you yogurt bro, easy as, perhaps you haven't time

That would be right brother. And, I enjoy keeping Stoneyfield in business. Cow's can't be put out of a job. Moo American!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

I haven't bought the frozen fruit yet but I am going to.  Buying bananas always ends up with waste but I guess I could freeze them.  I put some chopped up cooked ham or chicken in my biggest skillet and steam broccoli, cauliflower, red peppers, green beans and corn on top of it and then melt some Velveeta or cheddar on  top.  It's great and it takes almost no time at all.  AND it will feed me for a couple of days.  Fast food is no longer a part of my diet because, I don't have to tell y'all but I will, it will kill you.

Just now, MorningGlory said:

I haven't bought the frozen fruit yet but I am going to.  Buying bananas always ends up with waste but I guess I could freeze them.  I put some chopped up cooked ham or chicken in my biggest skillet and steam broccoli, cauliflower, red peppers, green beans and corn on top of it and then melt some Velveeta or cheddar on  top.  It's great and it takes almost no time at all.  AND it will feed me for a couple of days.  Fast food is no longer a part of my diet because, I don't have to tell y'all but I will, it will kill you.

i always freeze nanas, peel first, then only suitable for cooking/smoothies...

Just now, Yowm said:

Does popcorn count as a fresh veggie?popc.jpg

dried