IGNORED

Should Women Be In Leadership Positions in Church?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

On 4/26/2017 at 0:46 PM, JohnD said:

Point well taken.

It "could be" the devil trying to confuse the issue.

That's what 1 John 4:1 is all about.

And we test the spirits by scripture.

Now in Judges 4 when God needed a man to step up to prophecy... none did. That mantle fell on Deborah. The man in charge (Barak) wouldn't even go into battle unless Deborah went with the troops. And it was a female (Jael) who killed the arch enemy of Israel Sisera. 

I guess God goofed letting women run the show like that.

When the men were too afraid or too rattled by the crucifixion women went to the tomb and discovered the Lord Jesus raised from the dead.

Shame they couldn't tell anyone... it might be construed as women teaching men.

I could go on, but I tried to make this point initially that when men do not or will not step up then... God has used women to do the job (and to shame the men who refused to).

JohnD, your comment about God using someone else, reminded me of the story of the master who left differing amounts of talents with those who worked for him. While the master was gone, some used what they had to make more, while another hid what he had been given. I think there is some truth that God wants us to use what He has given to us. Blessings. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 4/26/2017 at 5:46 PM, BacKaran said:

God never goofs, He uses whom He chooses. Men are used more than woman. Women were used for a specific occasion or event. All are given gifts but not all should be teachers or preachers, didn't matter is it's men or women.

Now you personally cast aspersion on my claim that the Holy Spirit spoke to me based on your opinion and your personally held belief that women should not preach / teach.

I had explained that I was firmly in that camp (citing 1 Timothy 2, and arguing from Judges 4 to Revelation 2 that women should not preach / teach). And the Holy Spirit challenged me that the Gospel should not get out to anyone if a woman should teach or preach it?

I then cited Bible passages the Spirit reminded me of / about women who stepped up when men did not / would not.

So I asked you to answer the question posed me by the spirit you in your opinion do not believe was the Holy Spirit challenging me.

This is the only thing I can see you have come up with and it's not answering my simple rebuttal...

Understand, I am not interested in more of your opinions. I want scriptures to support your challenge that the spirit I was visited by was not the Holy Spirit.

In light of the Bible evidence I have provided, you have your work cut out for you.

If you have no comment on the subject then I suggest you remove the post in question and keep such derogatory thoughts to your self... or I'll ask moderators to remove / edit it.

This sort of senseless bickering discourages fellowship more than you may realize.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

BTW

I don't go willy nilly after liver quivers and spirit influences without testing the spirits as 1 John 4:1 states we are to do in every case.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

The issue with being a Pentecostal TV preacher with a huge TV Ministry, is that sooner or later you have to let your wife run the show on occasion.

I guess its that or get a new wife.

Copeland, Dollar, Osteen............others.

Joseph Prince, who i enjoy quite a bit as long as he centers his sermons on "Grace" and similar ....., seems to be immune to letting his wife run his program.

Im not certain if this is an Asian Mentality thing, or ifs its because he's studied Paul's teachings.   (maybe its both).

Edited by Behold

Guest BacKaran
On 5/14/2017 at 9:21 PM, Annette said:

Annette, I stand by God's word 

God never goofs, He uses whom He chooses. Men are used more than woman. Women were used for a specific occasion or event. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

4 hours ago, BacKaran said:

Hey BacKaran,

I agree, you do need to stand by the Word

Psalm 119:105 Is a great reminder of this.

Blessings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/15/2017 at 3:49 AM, Willa said:

Husband wife teams may also be appropriate sometimes.  We had a man with a wonderful evangelical ministry, but his wife was the prayer warrior and they were most effective as a team.  Now he works for YWAM giving training seminars in evangelism for their many headquarters around the world. 

This husband and wife team can't be a good biblical example, as YWAM is now mixing Christianity with the occult.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Limey Bob

Can you please tell me where YWAM has become occultish or new-agey?  I spent almost two years in YWAM (albeit quite a while ago) and, once I had left, my husband spent 5+ years there (we never met in YWAM, but later).  I didn't travel too much, but he travelled a lot.

Neither of us ever experienced anything like this.  YWAM was on the very straight and narrow.  We still go by the teaching we received there, many years later.  We sat under many different ministries, and believe me, God really sorted us out there.  We still have relatives and friends there.

Can you please share why you make these claims about an organisation that has had a wonderful influence on a lot of people I know and this includes us.  Thanks, Bob.  God bless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi all

I didn't mean to derail this thread; sorry.

With regard to women serving the Lord in ministry:  A long time ago the Lord showed me that He wanted me to minister to younger women and children.  Some of the women are single; others have children - it doesn't matter, if I can help them I will.  I know you agree with this.

We have a very small church.  My husband and I were both asked to be elders after we had been there a certain amount of time.  He accepted; I refused, on the basis of scripture (1 Tim 3:1-12).  However 3 other women accepted for their own reasons.  Each of us must do what he believes is right according to scripture.  Why my beloved sisters decided they could be elders, I do not know - but they are all responsible for their own decisions.  They are all accepted as elders by the church.  There are very few men who could step up to do this, apart from those who are already elders.

Of the sisters who accepted, one lost her husband and the husband of another had a stroke.  So we now have 4 male elders and 4 female elders.  We are a family.  If things come up that need to be considered, my husband always asks what I think.  I give my opinion and leave the decision up to him.  He is the head of our family, so after much discussion he is left to make the final decision.

I have a few roles in my church.  I give a monthly report on the school chaplains in town (having been one myself at one stage) and take turns in conducting communion when I am rostered on to this.  Quite a few of us are also involved in the food ministry.

Our pastor likes to hear from a few of us from the pulpit as each person brings a different perspective on things, and he appreciates all of our ministries.  One lady in particular is a gifted speaker.  We are all submitted under our pastor's leadership.  We are not usurping his authority; he wants us to minister (btw he is a really good preacher but is not threatened by women).  I always defer to him in situations that require it.

So our little church hums along quite happily and we get very blessed by the Lord as we endeavour to do His will - practical Christianity coupled with total reliance on God's Word.  We also sit under the teaching of Curry Blake on a Thursday morning.

It is not the perfect church - we will never see this as, if there is one, we should not go there or we will mess it up!

To sum up, God does use the ladies; there is no egocentricity and we all get along very nicely, praising, exalting, serving and loving Him.

Blessings to all.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,062
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

To take a stand where there is no foundation to do so seems and effort in futility :noidea: