IGNORED

Should Women Be In Leadership Positions in Church?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 4/22/2017 at 11:53 PM, Annette said:

I love a number of ministries led by women and know of some amazing women speakers. A friend of mine told me that it is not right for women to have that roll, tries and if they do, they should not be surprised when a man does not respond as the leader may expect. Should it matter whether a man or tries to get a similar message across?

P.S. Thank you guys for your thoughts and input. I am not sure how to answer each of you, but have been reading through what you wrote. Blessings.

I was just notified of this thread. Lol

we have been discussing this issue pretty thoroughly in another section of this website called General Discussion. If you go there and look for a thread called "Misogyny" you will see that much of that thread has come down to leadership of women. You can find my thoughts on that thread. I don't feel ambitious enough to repeat myself, so if you want to know, you have to go.  Lol  

Just to wet your appetite, I for one in no way believe God cares who is doing his work and that he gives talents and gifts to all, without discriminating by race, creed, color, and GENDER.  That is my humble opinion based on over 30 years of studying the Bible from cover to cover,  considering the entire word (not just one writer),  considering and applying context and culture and lastly, using common sense in this application. 

cheers,

Spock

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,062
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Spock said:

I was just notified of this thread. Lol

we have been discussing this issue pretty thoroughly in another section of this website called General Discussion. If you go there and look for a thread called "Misogyny" you will see that much of that thread has come down to leadership of women. You can find my thoughts on that thread. I don't feel ambitious enough to repeat myself, so if you want to know, you have to go.  Lol  

Just to wet your appetite, I for one in no way believe God cares who is doing his work and that he gives talents and gifts to all, without discriminating by race, creed, color, and GENDER.  That is my humble opinion based on over 30 years of studying the Bible from cover to cover,  considering the entire word (not just one writer),  considering and applying context and culture and lastly, using common sense in this application. 

cheers,

Spock

Wrong no matter persuasion...
Not to mention kicking out the most simple clear direct hermeneutic given by God about this (!) Because God is the ultimate Author of Scripture and He 'IS'  and will be forver above the culture of man in a fallen world... we should see the real angst of this issue lies in understanding satan's overall fall- he would not remain in his created position or purpose but rebelled. This outside of any formation of thought or structure of societal issues and is the underlying force and spirit of this issue...   Love, Steven

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

To take a stand where there is no foundation to do so seems and effort in futility :noidea: 

What foundation would you be referring to that is missing? 

43 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Not to mention kicking out the most simple clear direct hermeneutic given by God about this (!) Because God is the ultimate Author of Scripture and He 'IS'  and will be forver above the culture of man in a fallen world... we should see the real angst of this issue lies in understanding satan's overall fall- he would not remain in his created position or purpose but rebelled. This outside of any formation of thought or structure of societal issues and is the underlying force and spirit of this issue...   Love, Steven

What exact hermeneutic did God give about this? 

1 minute ago, Wolf Bridges said:

What foundation would you be referring to that is missing? 

The church attending does not hold to her own conviction formed from Scripture.... it's like standing in the middle of Mexico proclaiming praise for the Alamo :blink: 

Just now, enoob57 said:

The church attending does not hold to her own conviction formed from Scripture.... it's like standing in the middle of Mexico proclaiming praise for the Alamo :blink: 

Forgive me, I don't understand what you're trying to say there. 

3 minutes ago, Wolf Bridges said:

What exact hermeneutic did God give about this? 

https://www.gotquestions.org/women-pastors.html  this is an excellent hermeneutic on the subject...

4 minutes ago, Wolf Bridges said:

Forgive me, I don't understand what you're trying to say there. 

read OP comment and then mine and it will make sense to you :) ... it was a direct comment to the OP :thumbsup: 

I did read the OP. Thank you anyway. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Hey enoob,

do you ever apply context and culture to your analysis of scripture?