IGNORED

Should Women Be In Leadership Positions in Church?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Thanks Abby-Joy (Page 9; my attempts to cut and paste proved futile).

You have agreed with my position.

To Enoob - as I said, no church is perfect.   I explained that our church is small, with only a few men qualified to step up to the eldership position.  Just wanted to say - God commands the blessing to our church.  Although small, we dwell in unity, submitted to our pastor, who is totally submitted to Jesus, as are we.

I returned from our robust prayer meeting last night so blessed - we are in unity.  Psalm 133 says "1 Behold how good and how pleasant it is For brothers to dwell together in unity! 2 It is like the precious oil upon the head, Coming down upon the beard, Even Aaron's beard, Coming down upon the edge of his robes. 3 It is like the dew of Hermon, Coming down upon the mountains of Zion; For there the Lord commanded the blessing - life forever." My KJV.

Despite the fact that we do not have the perfect church, God has enabled us to give financial blessings to fledgeling churches in other countries we would never have thought possible.  We also do our best to look after the poor and wretched and blind and naked in our own missionfield here (there but for the grace of God go I).  I am not saying this as a source of pride; I just wanted to prove that God looks on the hearts and not necessarily on the gender when it comes to doing His Will with what we have been given to give to others.  Love in Jesus' name.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, SisterActs2 said:

Thanks Abby-Joy (Page 9; my attempts to cut and paste proved futile).

You have agreed with my position.

To Enoob - as I said, no church is perfect.   I explained that our church is small, with only a few men qualified to step up to the eldership position.  Just wanted to say - God commands the blessing to our church.  Although small, we dwell in unity, submitted to our pastor, who is totally submitted to Jesus, as are we.

I returned from our robust prayer meeting last night so blessed - we are in unity.  Psalm 133 says "1 Behold how good and how pleasant it is For brothers to dwell together in unity! 2 It is like the precious oil upon the head, Coming down upon the beard, Even Aaron's beard, Coming down upon the edge of his robes. 3 It is like the dew of Hermon, Coming down upon the mountains of Zion; For there the Lord commanded the blessing - life forever." My KJV.

Despite the fact that we do not have the perfect church, God has enabled us to give financial blessings to fledgeling churches in other countries we would never have thought possible.  We also do our best to look after the poor and wretched and blind and naked in our own missionfield here (there but for the grace of God go I).  I am not saying this as a source of pride; I just wanted to prove that God looks on the hearts and not necessarily on the gender when it comes to doing His Will with what we have been given to give to others.  Love in Jesus' name.

A beautiful testimony. Thank you for sharing that with us.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, Annette said:

I love a number of ministries led by women and know of some amazing women speakers. A friend of mine told me that it is not right for women to have that roll, tries and if they do, they should not be surprised when a man does not respond as the leader may expect. Should it matter whether a man or tries to get a similar message across?

P.S. Thank you guys for your thoughts and input. I am not sure how to answer each of you, but have been reading through what you wrote. Blessings.

Hi Annette,

Thank you for starting this topic. I know it`s been done before, but the Holy Spirit continues to lead us all on to fullness of truth. I did love the comments by JohnD and Spock, concerning their change of mind concerning women and teaching.

Now my thoughts are - the problem we have today (as JohnD brought up) is that we look at God`s word through man`s organisations. As an example - does the leader of the organisation have the same authority over you in the meeting and out on the street? Of course not. In the organisation he (she) is concerned with public behaviour and administration of the organisation. Out on the street those activities do not apply and you just meet face to face.

As to 1 Tim. 2: 12 the authority there is in regard to not domineering over. The word for `usurp authority` in the Gk. is `authenteo` which means to act of oneself, dominate. Not at all having the same meaning people give it as to women not teaching.

We need to remember how the Apostle Paul operates concerning `authority.`

`...we were gentle among you, just as a nursing mother cherishes her own children.....(&) as you know how we exhorted, and comforted, and charged every one of you, as a father does his own children.` (1 Thess. 2: 7 & 11)

Nothing there of `lording it over people,` (1 Peter 5: 3) which the very position of the leader of an organisation makes him do. The headquarters of the organisation makes the leader responsible for the buildings, administration of the office, meetings, and finance to pay for it all. Nothing there looks remotely like the relationship of `mother and father` that Paul was doing.

I`m obviously passionate concerning the true Body of Christ which -

`...holds fast to the Head, `from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase which is from God.` (Col. 2: 19)

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

On 5/18/2017 at 2:50 PM, Wolf Bridges said:

Maybe bring to your friends attention the pastoral letter Paul wrote to the church in Thessalonica.  1 Thessalonians 5. 

12.Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you.13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14 And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.

Notice he isn't saying the men among you. He's speaking to brothers and sisters of brothers and sisters that work hard among them. And he admonishes to not be disruptive, as you said your friend would say wouldn't be a surprise from a man happening on a woman pastor. Instead , Paul told his church to make sure they always strive to do what is good for each other and everyone else. Don't pay wrong for wrong. 

You won't change anyone's mind who is prejudice against women pastors. If they invoke God as agreeing with them they can abdicate responsibility for segregation that is not of Christ among his church family. God calls whom he will to his service in all things. No one alive can say God agrees with their prejudice. God is no respecter of persons. His word says that too. 

This may be of help too. 

Apostle to the Apostles:
The Women Disciples of Jesus

Shawna R. B. Atteberry

Thank you so much, Wolf, I appreciate you taking the time to answer. Blessings.

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

On 5/18/2017 at 8:54 PM, enoob57 said:

1 Corinthians 11:8 (KJV)

[8] For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.

[9] Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

1 Timothy 2:10 (KJV)

[10] But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

[11] Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

[12] But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

[13] For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

[14] And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

the fact that God takes us to the created instance removes all cultural consideration and is in fact a created order that cannot be change by culture...

Thank you enoob57 for the verses and breaking them down. There are a number of verses that are not always necessarily easy to read, but are written, to be read. My brother used to love the verse about a nagging woman being like a dripping tap. I used to get upset and argue with him over it. With time, it has been a great reminder, to be more careful, because I have first-hand knowledge how annoying a dripping tap can be. Blessings. :)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, Annette said:

Thank you so much, Wolf, I appreciate you taking the time to answer. Blessings.

You're welcome sister. God has a plan for all of us. And he does not discriminate in preaching due to our sex. That's our fault in those who do. Not the supreme creator who works everything according to his divine plan. 

Blessings, 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

I love how people like to cherry pick scripture and wrap it around their ideals  and then post links they also pick according to what they favor. What really gets me is the use of modern day terms like prejudice when it comes to describing the mindset of fellow Christians who have the entire history of the Catholic, Protestant an Orthodoxy churches behind them as well as the scriptures to back up their claim. It seems that these people seem to have difficulty when it comes to believing in Gods will can override  the will of man. Those the comment about people being prejudice, which is completely removing the idea of god's will and stating per fact that those who oppose female preaches simply don't like the idea of women pastors.

It's Ironic that you of these name callers posted a scripture that states that God doesn't have favorites, as if it meant the way the person was manipulating scripture to mean, why would there not be a long history of having female preachers? This I've asked on several occasions and I've yet to have anyone in the opposition to explain how this could be.

Either God is directing all his children through the Holy Spirit or not?  He is able to enforce his will especially when it comes to his own followers or not.  If not then people have a different idea of what supremacy than I.

If people want to scavenge the internet for links that support their take on things, I have them as well, but I would rather hear a person's argument from their own mouth, instead of trying to debate and article that will just be reiterated latter. as a rebuttal to the argument the poster did not make.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Since the OP has decided her question was answered back on 4/22, and the thread has deteriorated into nothing more than back and forth bickering, I am closing the thread.  I PMed the OP about this.