IGNORED

Do Christians that commit suicide go to heaven

Starlight77

7 hours ago, other one said:

I think that other than saying that we shouldn't be judging their eternal status was the reasons why people kill themselves.   Three of the people I spoke of were very close to me and i had lengthy discussions with them during their lives....   one a very close niece that broke my heart, the second was a work person who I had spent years discussing just about every facet of life there is.   The third was a gentleman that I had coffee with almost every morning since I retired in 2009.   The other three I really shouldn't discuss for their situations were rather private and i don't know if they would want to be discussed.

I cared a lot about all six of them and two of them literally broke my heart.

But reasons why people kill themselves should be discussed so others can understand, and I personally take offense of putting things in the perspective that they had faulty brains and was the cause of their demise.  That simply was not the case in these that I am aware of....   and all the secular scientists in the world can't know unless they know the people personally and with them shortly before they die.

If you know or hear of someone who is thinking of taking their own lives the worst thing you can think is that they have a brain chemistry problem, and the worst thing that one can tell them.  And I will spend my life telling people such.

We have people that come here that are suicidal, and if I hear anyone telling them they have a brain chemistry problem I'll do everything in my power to get them permanently banned.  It would be my personal preference that this whole thread be deleted.

This is the type of close minded backwards thinking that prevents people who are suicidal from getting the help they need. I am sorry you have a problem with all of the dedicated hard working researchers who've shed light on suidicidality and those who want to educate the public on the facts behind suicide including myself who was diagnosed with major depression and ptsd and has struggled with suicide since the age of four. I have spent over 25 years of my life helping people understand their minds and bodies. When they do, they are able to take care of themselves! It is the ethical and professional thing to do, to educate suffering human beings on their brain chemistry and environment triggers and why they respond to life the way they do such as suicide. Teaching people about their bodies gives them power and the ability to take care of themselves! Christ said physician heal yourself. I have taught, advocated, and supported numerous clients, family, and friends who have been suicidal about their diagnoses and life situations, and how they can help themselves. There is nothing wrong or shameful in understanding your mind and how it responds to stresses. This is empowering and life uplifting!!!! So go ahead and ban me permanently. I have never seen such bigoted, ignorant, stigmatizing behavior in my entire life as I have now and I have never been more ashamed and embarrassed to be a Christian than I am right now. This backwards mentality  and judgment are the reasons why people are in the dark about their bodies and do not get the help they need. 

Edited by Allroses48

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Is my Lord Jesus' death an early record of assisted suicide? Was it not at His will alone, and by permission of His Father too, that He died?  Was He insane, chemically deranged? Or was He very well aware of what He was doing  for our sake? Of course he was very much aware!!! Why can it not be that  other's, though of mere mortal flesh alone, are also very much aware and make their decision based upon some sense of doing for others. Now there is tremendous difference I understand; between atonement for sin, and simply relief of burden on others. But I suggest there is  some reason to think it is more than some faulty  brain action that  allows for suicides. That instead it is often well thought out considered, maybe even prayed about. At the end  of it, I think is often the thought that   one will not allow themselves to be a burden to others that convicts a person to suicide. It not being a cry for help at all, not accidental, but instead a fully thought through and a willful  act,  perhaps born  of some compassion for others. -Very wrongful thinking in many cases, I believe, for the hurt is so very severe to the ones that loved the person no longer here in the flesh. But- well thought out none the less. And not the act of someone with diminished capacity.

May a person that  commits suicide be found acceptable in the eyes of God? Through the shed blood of  Jesus that washes  the saints white as snow I cannot see why not. If I am saved and my Lord does not lose a one of his flock, should I commit suicide will I be the first He loses? I don't think so. He does not lose a one, period. 

In general I think my Lord Jesus is far more generous to us all than we are to each other in our judgements.

"I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,  just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.  And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.  For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again.  No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”

There was again a division among the Jews because of these words.  Many of them said, “He has a demon, and is insane; why listen to him?”  Others said, “These are not the words of one who is oppressed by a demon." "

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

The seriously ill, bedridden, in pain, etc. and obviously terminal in condition  may fight on for thinking their death will bring pain to family, or that there need be something else they still need do. But when given permission, a simple "it is alright  you don't have to hold on for me any longer", then peacefully die of this flesh. Is that suicide? I think it to be  mercy and love. And far more than  brain chemistry malfunction. To give up the ghost is to die in the flesh only.

As I said before please review the links on all the research regarding suicides and mental illness that I posted above. Jesus Christ did not commit suicide and he was not mentally ill. He chose to be murdered. Mercy killing or someone wanting to take their life due to terminal illness is not suicide either. It's self directed euthanasia. Please do the research. I will continue to educate people on suicide both in my life and on this forum. Years of research indicate the volume of suicides are related to mental illness, drug addiction, and some type of life trauma. Ignorance only hurts the victims of suicides when we could be helping them. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I think the Christian charitable heart prays for those who suffer mentally. And especially for those who are considering taking their own life to alleviate the pain they feel. I can never second guess someone in such straits. And I don't think it fair to ostracize people from speaking openly about what they may know personally as pertains to the condition. And most certainly not appropriate is threatening them with report and banning by every expendable effort, just to get them to shut up. 

Brain chemistry is a fact of life and science that has been long known for generations. It is God's blessing that psychiatry is finding ways to identify what occurs in those chemical processes that make people feel as they do when they're mentally unwell. Being open to that understanding helps people. Threatening to shut it down when spoken of does not. 

Let's all remember we are one in Christ. And show compassion for one another. As we treat one another so too do we treat Christ. God be with those who struggle. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

I think this is a very sad topic to ponder. :( And yet one that needs attention if we have brothers and sisters in pain. 

I would say yes. God's mercy would come into this and he knows what they suffered. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

Short answer. yes.

John 6:37 - All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 10:28 - And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.

John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jude 1:24 - Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

1 John 5:13 - These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

The real issue for a "Christian" who is going to commit suicide, isn't that their eternal life with God could be forfeited, as that is not possible, however, it is possible to shoot and not die..... To jump and not die,  to hang yourself and not die, to take 1000 pills and you wake up, anyway....

But, you wont wake up as you were before  you tried it, and then you (and your family) get to live with the physical destruction that a failed suicide attempt garners, maybe 10, 20, 40, more years.

And if you thought it was bad before, then just fail at the Suicide Attempt, (most do)  then wake up mangled, mentally retarded, or worse,  and then you have to continue to live.

Dont Try Suicide.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

You have to trust them to the mercy of God. I know of a couple of people who committed suicide, both suffered from clinical depression, both were on medication. Both decided they didn't want to take their meds anymore. Because of the depression, you cannot say they were in full control of their faculties. Therefore they may not be fully culpable for their actions. 

Catechism of the Catholic Church, para. 2282: Grave psychological disturbances, anguish, ... can diminish the responsibility of the one committing suicide.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

well the simple but correct answer is"NO" anyone who kills their self,is not about to go to heaven whether they are "Christian" or not is irrelevant,because for starters it is written"thou shalt not kill" which includes not killing yourself,(a commandment) also if one is a "Christian" how can one be for God or Christ and "willingly" kill themself???

When you are "Truly" willingly Saved and baptized,you are forever in God's hand and cannot be plucked from his hand,so clearly any person who wants to take their own life is not Saved nor for God to begin with,

for think on it,God gave us "Life",Jesus died for our sins so we could "live" and yet somehow a person can go to heaven by taking away such a "life" intentionally?

Nay,because God will not allow such a thing when you are his of a certainty,to think otherwise is only because people would rather believe a lie than the"Truth"(God's Word) and nearly noone is willing to admit that anyone in their family,has gone to Hell because of such a foolish action,because noone wants to hurt people's feelings,True I don't either but as Paul put it in a letter,"I apologize if this offends you,but I do not apologize for telling the truth",it's one of the "Truths" we all must face no matter how it makes us "feel",if any doubt this see for yourself in the bible for it is written"murderers shall share the second death" it doesn't say only those who are not Christians it says "murderers" and to kill oneself is still "murder" just renamed by man as "suicide",and even in logical terms the question can be posed,how can anyone ask God for forgiveness when you kill yourself?,because once you are dead you can't ask for forgiveness.so how can anyone possibly receive heaven after such foolishness when you have no possibility to apologize afterward?(if your attempt follows through)