• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Starlight

Welcome to Worthy.......are you a Christian?I'm asking not only because this is the Seekers Lounge which is for unbelievers,seekers & guests to ask questions about our Faith but also because you mentioned only your friend,nothing about yourself............& boy Oh boy,not an easy question!

Well my friend,it is a difficult question to answer because we do not know a persons heart,just because a person says"I'm a Believer" does not mean they knew our Lord & Savior as their own Lord & Savior....a Born Again Believer does not typically cry out for forgiveness and hope they are going to be with Christ but I know nothing about this person except for what you have just said......it's very hard for me to imagine that anyone that has Christ Abiding in them would murder themselves.....& believe me,I'm not saying it is impossible,I am saying its hard for me to 'imagine" ...there are many people I do believe are "Saved" but have not come into  the Fullness of Christ,because of their own hindrance or even immaturity,they have not yet Received the Wisdom & Understanding that is Revealed by the Holy Spirit & some never do in this physical temporal life,they just do not surrender completely.....so you can see,it is a complicated question

I'm certainly not going to tell you that person went to hell and I can't possibly tell you they will go to Heaven,I would not think you can get to Heaven by committing suicide but that is something I do not think any of us can know until we are with Jesus in our New Glorified Bodies and we are as He is in Heaven.....Im sorry if I am much help and could not give you the answer you are hoping to find,I will tell you this....once we die physically it is too late to reconsider and the choices we made here are it....we seal our fate one way or the other.....suicide is murder,murdering ones self and a murderer will not get to Heaven had they not repented......

King James Bible
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Revelation 21:8

Please take note of one thing,I don't know how your friend went about this but it is the common belief (many studies & research in psychiatry,psychology) that the majority of suicides are "accidental".....most it seems are crying out for help and help does not get their in time,you may ask "how can anyone speculate about such a thing" I urge you to read up on it considering the facts concerning this person......was there a last phone call,message,warnings to others,was someone expected to arrive at a certain time etc..... hope that helps a bit,in that case I think it is very possible they may have really been a Christian & would be with Jesus

With love-in Christ,Kwik                         

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Welcome to Worthy StarLight. :) I do not know if those who commit suicide go to heaven. I sure would not want to test God and try it. :mellow:

I do not know if those who commit suicide go to heaven. I sure would not want to test God and try it.                     MissMuffet

:amen:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 4/23/2017 at 0:07 AM, Starlight77 said:

I'm just curious as I know someone who was a follower and believer of Christ....
they served Jesus everyday and loved him with all their heart.....

But they had a hard life and were extremely sick, and one day I guess it was too hard for them....
and they ended the battle.....

Was God with them in their final hour....
I know for a fact they were crying out for him and his forgiveness.....

They were god fearing and just wanted to be with Christ....
Did he listen and deliver them home to heaven.....

:emot-heartbeat:

Welcome~!

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants after you, God. Psalms 42:1 (New Heart English Bible)

:)

It Seems To Me

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (New International Version)

To Believers, It's A Known Fact

For "Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved." Romans 10:13 (New Living Translation)

Jesus Never Leaves Them Nor Forsakes Them

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6 (English Standard Version)

It Seems To Me

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial that has come upon you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you share in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed at the revelation of His glory. 1 Peter 4:12-13 (Berean Study Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

The Holy Spirit dwells in those who are saved. It is our responsibility to treat Him with respect, and suicide would not be appropriate.

We are created in the image and likeness of God. This is one of the reasons we are commanded not to murder, Genesis 9:6-7.

The Bible teaches us to trust God, depend upon Him, and believe in Him. To take one's own life would show no faith in God.  The prophets, apostles, and Jesus Christ were persecuted, tortured, and put to death, yet not one committed suicide for an “easy out.” They all fought the good fight to the end.

2 Timothy 4:6-8, For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. v. 7, I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: v. 8, Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Christian's are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in them.? If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy them, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what we are in the eyes of God.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17, Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? v. 17, If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Christian's are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in them.? If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy them, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what we are in the eyes of God.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17, Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? v. 17, If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Welcome

Starlight77

to Worthy   :emot-wanttohug:

I appreciate your question as it it giving some very good answers.

The answer that confirmed to me that taking ones life is truly not in our best interest is the response from Hazard.

When a person is thinking  about taking ones life, many times that person is not in their right frame of mind.

God knows the condition of every one of our hearts. God is the final judge.

All we as Christians truly need know and seek to know is how to keep our own heart geared towards Gods and His plan of Salvation always.

That passage from Corinthians, certainly made my opinion stronger that suicide would not be a good idea.

Last week I spoke to a secular christian, and he is right now taking care of his father who has dementia and he told me, that, if he himself had the first signs of having dementia, he would ask the doctors to euthanize him.

I am glad that I read this thread as now I have a very clear bible passage to show to my secular friend,  that it is not a good idea, and hopefully this will draw my friend closer to the Lord.

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Isaiah 45:9

9"Woe to the one who quarrels with his Maker-- An earthenware vessel among the vessels of earth! Will the clay say to the potter, 'What are you doing?' Or the thing you are making say, 'He has no hands'?

1 Corinthians 10:22
Are we trying to provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He?

God is a Jealous God, we are not to take the course of our life and/or life span into our own hands, as to tell God now is my time, in place of God saying now is your time.

None of us will know the fate or the decision of God on this subject till the day of Judgment, by then there is not changing course.

only thing you can do is seek God and petition him for your friends eternal destination. God does answer prayers and has been known to ease his judgment in the past when someone came to him with a request for consideration. Moses with the Israelites, Jonathan after he ate the honey and Saul had said previously let the life be taken of any man that eats prior to our victory. or Abrahams petition for the people of Sodom and Gomorrah. God hears, listens and answers.  

None of us will know the fate or the decision of God on this subject till the day of Judgment, by then there is not changing course.

only thing you can do is seek God and petition him for your friends eternal destination

Blessings WhollyGod'sChild

That's right,there is no changing course....so,it would be useless to petition God for the destination of this person .....I don't know if there are different degrees of hell(no pun intended)but if hell is where that choice lead to then they already sealed their fate.......  

I've often prayed"Lord have Mercy on their soul" ....  All we can do is ask,only Way to the Father is JESUS                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

20 hours ago, Cletus said:

I am reminded of a song that says... Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cant heal.  This is so true.  Once upon a time i was going to hang myself.  Had already tied the noose and punched holes in the Sheetrock to access the rafters.  So much peace came on me it made me lay on the bed.  It was like a heavy blanket.  I felt my heart spring holes and the pain flooded out.  God is the God of the living, not the dead.  God gives life and the book says in Him is Life.  Even just that breath.  Is life.  His words spoken to us is life.  The bible is not dead letter, the words are alive and they give life.  Gods thing isnt destroying life.  If it was He could have just cancelled his appointment with Pilate.  He could have just stayed in Heaven.  Killing yourself is killing SomeoneElse's servant.

God can take the pain and hurt, and in time work it so when you think back you will smile, and be grateful God is faithful.  Beauty for ashes.  Never throw away a gift God gives you. 

That's powerful, Cletus.  Thanks for sharing that.  It's especially meaningful coming from someone who has been down that road -- but came back.  God bless you!