• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

-

If a person is Born Again, then THAT Part of them.....the "born again" part, is redeemed.  It's literally God owned property that has been purchased by the Blood of Jesus The Christ, and  this is not your body, as your body, (which is not redeemed  yet),  will be converted to a "new body" later on.

So, the "born again" part, that God has redeemed with the Blood of Lamb, is not affected by your "physical realm" with respect to your "oneness" with God, or your "in Christ" position regarding your "born again" part.

Death, regarding a born again Christian, is to be sent to God, no matter if you do it to yourself, or if God directs your time to be over, etc.    "To be absent from the body, is to be present with the Lord", and there are no exclusions for the born again, as the day you were redeemed is the day your eternal ticket was punched for GloryLand...   You are going if y0u are saved, and the best thing you can do is live your life before the God who Saved you,  as if you are going TODAY.

The Fact is......being in your body is keeping you from being with your Lord, in person....... So, what is better?.......Paul said it isn't to be in your body that is best for you, tho it might be "needful".

Honestly, i have no idea why a Christian would want to hold on to living on this planet, yet most Christians not only fear death, they dont even want to think about it, and yet its DEATH that is the true door to the Glory that God has said is so good that "it has not entered into your mind".....just how great it is,........ yet....... most Christians are more interested in cable TV, Internet, having fun, video games, texting, talking & writing online,  eating, spending money...=  the pleasures of this world.......and would hold onto these things as LONG AS THEY CAN....

Perhaps you've read the verse in your NT that says you are currently seated in Heavenly Places 'IN" Christ Jesus......so, that is obviously not your literal body,........ yet.....=  there you are..

Have you read about the "hero's of the Faith" in Hebrews Chapter 11?  If so, you noted that SAMSON is mention as a hero of the faith.....and Samson was a suicide....He Killed himself killing his enemies.

Now for a deeper truth...... there is a very very very fine line between taking your own life, and sacrificing your life, as in both cases you are knowingly dying on purpose.....   The only real difference is motive, as the end result is, you end up dead.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

There are some examples of Suicide in the Bible:

"The fighting grew very fierce around Saul, and the Philistine archers caught up with him and wounded him severely. Saul groaned to his armor bearer, “Take your sword and kill me before these pagan Philistines come to run me through and taunt and torture me.” But his armor bearer was afraid and would not do it. So Saul took his own sword and fell on it. When his armor bearer realized that Saul was dead, he fell on his own sword and died beside the king." (1 Samuel 31:3-5). Interestingly, Saul had a demon (1 Samuel 16:14), which goes to my point that for someone to be able to go through with suicide they are highly oppressed by evil spirits..

"When Ahithophel saw that his advice had not been followed, he saddled his donkey and set out for his house in his hometown. He put his house in order and then hanged himself. So he died and was buried in his father's tomb." (2 Samuel 17:23). From what I gather Ahithophel was involved in civil war between Absalom and King David.

"In the twenty-seventh year of Asa king of Judah, Zimri had reigned in Tirzah seven days. And the people were encamped against Gibbethon, which belonged to the Philistines. 16 Now the people who were encamped heard it said, “Zimri has conspired and also has killed the king.” So all Israel made Omri, the commander of the army, king over Israel that day in the camp. 17 Then Omri and all Israel with him went up from Gibbethon, and they besieged Tirzah. 18 And it happened, when Zimri saw that the city was taken, that he went into the citadel of the king’s house and burned the king’s house down upon himself with fire, and died, 19 because of the sins which he had committed in doing evil in the sight of the Lord, in walking in the way of Jeroboam, and in his sin which he had committed to make Israel sin." (1 Kings 16:15-20).

" Then Judas threw the silver coins down in the Temple and went out and hanged himself. The leading priests picked up the coins. “It wouldn’t be right to put this money in the Temple treasury,” they said, “since it was payment for murder.”[a]After some discussion they finally decided to buy the potter’s field, and they made it into a cemetery for foreigners. That is why the field is still called the Field of Blood. This fulfilled the prophecy of Jeremiah that says." (Matthew 27:1-10). Judas actually fulfills a prophecy by hanging himself, it was turned into the Field of blood.

Then there is Samson:

"And when their hearts were merry, they said, “Call Samson, that he may entertain us.” So they called Samson out of the prison, and he entertained them. They made him stand between the pillars. 26 And Samson said to the young man who held him by the hand, “Let me feel the pillars on which the house rests, that I may lean against them.” 27 Now the house was full of men and women. All the lords of the Philistines were there, and on the roof there were about 3,000 men and women, who looked on while Samson entertained. Then Samson called to the Lord and said, “O Lord God, please remember me and please strengthen me only this once, O God, that I may be avenged on the Philistines for my two eyes.” 29 And Samson grasped the two middle pillars on which the house rested, and he leaned his weight against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other. 30 And Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines.” Then he bowed with all his strength, and the house fell upon the lords and upon all the people who were in it. So the dead whom he killed at his death were more than those whom he had killed during his life." (Judges 16:25-30).

There are a lot of suffering souls out there. When you reach the point of suicide, you either feel you have nothing to live for, are without all hope, the chemical imbalance is so strong in your brain, or other reasons that lead you to suicide. I would say it's between them and God. Christ is the ultimate judge and mercy and love are his first gifts. I would never say a suffering soul who commits suicide is going to hell. If anyone knows about a person who is in need of help and may commit suicide, please contact a suicide hotline right away. I can also give you resources for suicide prevention and a crisis line if you can't find one.

Edited by Allroses48

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The only sin unto death is unbelief in Jesus Christ (1 John 5:16 / John 3:18).

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem...

But I understand being unable to bear certain things or pain.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/23/2017 at 1:07 AM, Starlight77 said:

This question appears to be moving along without you.Going by the subject line , I'd say it is God's decision. His mercy that would be the issue for someone who took their own life. I personally do not think I have any capacity to take God's seat as judge in such matters. I feel sympathy for anyone who feels so lost they leave their life by their own hand. And to that I pray God has mercy.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

I too would say it is God's mercy that would decide. He would know all that a suicide had suffered to arrive at that point. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

Why would God reward someone who had destroyed one of his masterpieces?

9 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Why would God reward someone who had destroyed one of his masterpieces?

Christ died for all humanity. There are many reasons why a person commits suicide. Often they've lost all hope and/or are dealing with a mental illness or severe trauma of life situation. I would say it's between them and God. He is the ultimate redeemer.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

29 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

Christ died for all humanity. There are many reasons why a person commits suicide. Often they've lost all hope and/or are dealing with a mental illness or severe trauma of life situation. I would say it's between them and God. He is the ultimate redeemer.

Christ died for those who believed in him, not all of humanity. He died to give all humanity a chance to believe in him and therein lies the key. It is kind of ridiculous to think that people who end their lives believe in him, because of the fact that God is our only hope and If they've lost all hope then they've lost God.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Christ died for those who believed in him, not all of humanity. He died to give all humanity a chance to believe in him and therein lies the key. It is kind of ridiculous to think that people who end their lives believe in him, because of the fact that God is our only hope and If they've lost all hope then they've lost God.

Jesus died for everyone

• John 1:29, "The next day he saw Jesus coming to him, and said, 'Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!'"
  • John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."
  • John 4:42, "and they were saying to the woman, 'It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves and know that this One is indeed the Savior of the world.'"
  • 1 Tim. 4:10, "For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers."
  • 1 John 2:2, "and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world."
  • 1 John 4:14, "And we have beheld and bear witness that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world."Did Jesus die for everyone? My Calvinist friends say no.

Did Jesus die for everyone? My Calvinist friends say no.