IGNORED

Could Matthew 24:23-25 (false Christ) is being fulfilled today?

Limey_Bob

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.” (Matthew 24:23-25, NIV).

Have you noticed, just how often on Christian television, you hear the televangelists uttering the word: “release,” usually as they point their fingers in a certain direction, then in said direction, they order God to act! It seems as if this term is now ubiquitous throughout so many evangelical churches as I hear it all the time. However, what is it that they are hoping to release? It could be the Holy Spirit, but another more likely contender is the anointing, a claimed blessing which had been promoted by an obscure American group, who were collectively known as the latter rain movement in the 1940s, but which has today returned to much of the evangelical movement as a new and unchallengeable orthodoxy.

This modern movement, largely within evangelicalism, hopes to anoint certain special Christians, so that such anointed ones will then become super-Christians, that is a new breed of powerful miracle workers, by working signs and wonders, who’ll then convert the world for the Lord. Now the anointing is the key, as it’s this anointing which turns ordinary Christians into miracle working evangelical super-Christians! In the light of this, isn’t it relevant that Christ himself warned that the chief sign of the last days will be the arrival of a great many false Christ’s, who would deceive the elect (Matthew 24:23-25). But when one understands that the word “Messiah” or “Christ,” means “the anointed,” this prophecy takes on a new light, so it could this be a prophecy of a great end time false signs and wonders movement? Could be the modern Church, led and typified by rich televangelists, who repeatedly announce that they are releasing the anointing upon their deceived victims, actually be the fulfilment of the prophesied false Messiahs (Christ’s) of Matthew 24:23?

Edited by Limey_Bob

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Matthew 24:23-25 is the second coming of Christ. No it is not being full filled. First we have to have the rapture of the Church and then the seven year tribulation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

21 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Matthew 24:23-25 is the second coming of Christ. No it is not being full filled. First we have to have the rapture of the Church and then the seven year tribulation.

missmuffet, you have ignored everything which I have written and simply changed the topic. The chief sign of the end time is the prevalence of many "Christs" and when many people today, especially TV Preachers say "release" they claim that they are releasing the "anointing" and the word Christ means the anointed. Would you care to respond to what I have actually written missmuffet, I've read some of your other posts in the eschatology thread. You are obviously intelligent, as some of your other posts were really helpful, I even recall one which taught me so much that I wrote to you thanking you, but I think that sometimes you hurry as you write your posts, and so by hurrying you don't always present your best arguments, for by hurrying you undersell yourself. Come on missmuffet, I was amazed to discover the subject of this post the other evening, I'm extremely excited about it as I've been praying on and off for months to know why these preachers constantly say "release" over and over again. This is one of the main signs foretelling Christ's return. I consider this to be a brilliant insight.

Edited by Limey_Bob

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Limey_Bob said:

missmuffet, you have ignored everything which I have written and simply changed the topic. The chief sign of the end time is the prevalence of many "Christs" and when many people today, especially TV Preachers say "release" they claim that they are releasing the "anointing" and the word Christ means the anointed. Would you care to respond to what I have actually written missmuffet, I've read some of your other posts in the eschatology thread. You are obviously intelligent, as some of your other posts were really helpful, I even recall one which taught me so much that I wrote to you thanking you, but I think that sometimes you hurry as you write your posts, and so by hurrying you don't always present your best arguments, for by hurrying you undersell yourself. Come on missmuffet, I was amazed to discover the subject of this post the other evening, I'm extremely excited about it as I've been praying on and off for months to know why these preachers constantly say "release" over and over again. This is one of the main signs foretelling Christ's return. I consider this to be a brilliant insight.

It is not going to be beneficial to debate this subject with you since we have a different timing for the rapture of the Church and the seven year tribulation and the second coming of Christ.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

Matthew 24 is a particular prophecy for Israel alone

And it is these who will either believe, or not believe, during the coming tribulation

This entire passage of scripture will be for those of Israel and the 70th week decreed for the nation which is still to come

For example, Luke 21:20-36 is for the same people and the time of the 70th week

Today's believers will be made immortal just before of both the dead and the living .... then the tribulation will begin

Here they are [Revelation 4:4; 5:1-10; 7:9-17; 11:1; 12:12; 13:6; 17:14; 18:4; 19:14]

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  3

Could Matthew 24:23-25 (false Christ) is being fulfilled today?

No.

Because the prerequisite events, the midpoint abomination of Daniel 9:27 and the Great Tribulation, have not yet come to pass.

(And: "Could ~ is being fulfilled?"  One would ordinarily think an Englishman could use his native language better than that example. LOL)

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 4/23/2017 at 0:08 PM, Limey_Bob said:

23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.” (Matthew 24:23-25, NIV).

Hello Brother, I read through your OP so I wont bother posting your whole post, I will just reply. But there is one point you made I want to point out as being kind of backwards to what Jesus pointed out.....

In the light of this, isn’t it relevant that Christ himself warned that the chief sign of the last days will be the arrival of a great many false Christ’s, who would deceive the elect (Matthew 24:23-25).

The Scripture you are referring to actually say IF IT WERE POSSIBLE they would deceive the Elect.....BEHOLD I HAVE TOLD YOU/WARNED YOU BEFORE....Implying it is not possible to deceive the Elect, because they have been Forewarned. (By Jesus here in this passage).

But when one understands that the word “Messiah” or “Christ,” means “the anointed,” this prophecy takes on a new light, so it could this be a prophecy of a great end time false signs and wonders movement? Could be the modern Church, led and typified by rich televangelists, who repeatedly announce that they are releasing the anointing upon their deceived victims, actually be the fulfilment of the prophesied false Messiahs (Christ’s) of Matthew 24:23?

No, this has nothing to do with what you are speaking of, though some might be false teachers or false prophets, but speaking on TV Doesn't per se make anyone that.  This has to do with something VERY DEEP, happening during the Tribulation, it should be very clear when I explain it, but some might not can see it.........I will post the same Passage but add a few verses for Context below,  so I can explain what this means, (KJV).

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

So what does this mean and what time period can we place this at? Well we see it is during the TRIBULATION PERIOD, so your question about today's TV preachers doesn't really fit. Then we see Christ warning someone but who? The Jewish people whom he tells to FLEE into the Wilderness when they see the Abomination of Desolation (Anti-Christ in the Temple/Conquering Jerusalem). We know that in Rev. chapter 12 we are told that Israel FLEES into the Wilderness where she is protected by God for 1260 Days. This is who Jesus is warning BUT WHY? Well the Anti-Christ wants to KILL THEM, we know that because Rev. 12 says the Dragon was angry that he couldn't get at the WOMAN (Israel) so he took his Wrath out on the Remnant of the Church (those who became Christians after the Rapture). So what is going on here? 

The false prophet and false christ are trying to TRICK the Jewish peoples by performing Miracles, saying LOOK, your Messiah has Returned. By this time Israel has accepted Jesus as their Messiah, that happens BEFORE the AoD. So Jesus says HEY....LISTEN UP....Do not buy their lies, I will not be in the Desert, nor will I be in those Secret Chambers.....DON'T BELIEVE IT !!! Do not go unto those places (for they want to kill you once they trick you out of your Safe Zone, where God is protecting you for 1260 Days). That is the Anti-Christs Objective. But Jesus says ALAS..........I will be coming in the EASTERN SKIES !! 

So the ELECT who listen to Jesus know that this false christ and false prophet doing miracles, is not their Messiah, because of this VERY PASSAGE, Jesus says he is coming from/in the Eastern Skies. AMEN.

That in a nutshell is what that passage is about brother.

Edited by Revelation Man

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

GINOLJC, not saying any is right or wrong, but consider this.  a lot of what our Lord states in Matthew 24 correspond to Revelation chapter 6 and the four horseman, as well as what the prophet Ezekiel said in his chapter 14:12-21.

False Christ, Mathews 24:5. Revelation 6:1 & 2, Ezekiel 14:15. The hebrew word for “noisome” in Ezekiel account is H7451 רַע ra` (rah), which means, bad, or evil
And it’s root word is H7489 רָעַע ra`a` (raw-ah') v. means, 
1. (properly) to spoil.
2. (literally) to ruin by breaking to pieces.
3. (causative) to make good for nothing.
4. (figuratively) to be good for nothing.
5. (physically, socially or morally) to be bad.

the apostle Paul, following our Lord said this about being "spoiled". Colossians 2:8 "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. and the apostlea Peter and Jude describe these "evil" men as BEASTS, 2 Peter 2:10-12 "But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. 11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord. 12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption". Jude 1:10 "But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves".

clearly our Lord identify these men as false Christ. 

also he identify the other riders,

B. Sword/Wars, Red rider. Ezekiel 14:17 "Or if I bring a sword upon that land, and say, Sword, go through the land; so that I cut off man and beast from it". Matthews 24:6. Rev 6:3 & 4

C. famine, Black Rider. Ezekiel 14:13 "Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it". Matthews 24:7. Rev 6:5-6

D. Death, Pale Rider, Ezekiel 14:19 "Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my fury upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast".  Matthews 24: 9  Rev 6:7-9. fury here is the Hebrew word, H2534 חֵמָה chemah (chay-maw'), which can be translate by the KJV as WRATH. 

In Ezekiel chapter 14 God give 4 judgments, these four correspond with the four horsemen of Rev.
1.the sword, 
2.the famine, 
3.the noisome beast
4.the pestilence

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

Have you noticed, just how often on Christian television, you hear the televangelists uttering the word: “release,” usually as they point their fingers in a certain direction, then in said direction, they order God to act! It seems as if this term is now ubiquitous throughout so many evangelical churches as I hear it all the time. However, what is it that they are hoping to release?

I think you probably have this backwards, you are just assuming they are commanding God, but in fact we are told that we have Power over all Demons so imho, they are probably ordering Satan to release the shackles of bondage. 

This modern movement, largely within evangelicalism, hopes to anoint certain special Christians, so that such anointed ones will then become super-Christians, that is a new breed of powerful miracle workers, by working signs and wonders, who’ll then convert the world for the Lord. Now the anointing is the key, as it’s this anointing which turns ordinary Christians into miracle working evangelical super-Christians! In the light of this, isn’t it relevant that Christ himself warned that the chief sign of the last days will be the arrival of a great many false Christ’s, who would deceive the elect (Matthew 24:23-25). But when one understands that the word “Messiah” or “Christ,” means “the anointed,” this prophecy takes on a new light, so it could this be a prophecy of a great end time false signs and wonders movement? Could be the modern Church, led and typified by rich televangelists, who repeatedly announce that they are releasing the anointing upon their deceived victims, actually be the fulfilment of the prophesied false Messiahs (Christ’s) of Matthew 24:23?

You have your Scriptures wrong here. I will point out why. 

Matthew 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

So here we have three different mentions of fake chirsts/false prophets. The first one is Jesus telling the Disciples that the Pharisees will bring forth a false Christ, as they did, because they felt Rome was the Fourth Beast (the was) and that the Little Horn would arise out of the Fourth Beast (He does, but 2000 years later). Thus Jesus prophetic words came true...John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. So the Pharisees brought forth "MESSIAHS" to save them.

The false prophets you are speaking of would come forth in Verse 11, I make no claim they are false or not, that is your theory, no doubt many false preachers will come forth in this 2000 year period between 70 AD and the Rapture. That is the period of time we are in now, so that would have to be the verse, not Matthew 24:24 which is about the Anti-Christ and False Prophet.

Verse 24 is as I just stated, about THE Anti-Christ and False Prophet, they preform Miracles/Wonders, Jesus tells the Saints of Israel not to go unto them in the Desert or in the Secret Chambers, for I will come in the Eastern Skies. These two will try to trick the Jewish peoples who fled to the Wilderness out of their Protective Zone, so they can of course slay them. 

Long story short, you are citing the wrong verse.

Edited by Revelation Man

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.” (Matthew 24:23-25, NIV).

Have you noticed, just how often on Christian television, you hear the televangelists uttering the word: “release,” usually as they point their fingers in a certain direction, then in said direction, they order God to act! It seems as if this term is now ubiquitous throughout so many evangelical churches as I hear it all the time. However, what is it that they are hoping to release? It could be the Holy Spirit, but another more likely contender is the anointing, a claimed blessing which had been promoted by an obscure American group, who were collectively known as the latter rain movement in the 1940s, but which has today returned to much of the evangelical movement as a new and unchallengeable orthodoxy.

Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

I know what you're saying but Mathew 24:23-25 isn't talking about people in the church.  None of these televagelist are claiming to be Christ, none of them are showing GREAT signs and wonders.  They are deceiving the elect but NOT into damanble heresy like a false Christ would.Another thing that needs tp be looked at is the very insignificant word "IF." 

What this verse is saying is that IT'S NOT possible for these signs and wonders deceive Christians.  

"IF" is a conditional participle which makes no reference to time and to experience, introducing something future, but not determining, before the event, WHETHER IT IS CERTAIN TO TAKE PLACE."

The greatest number of true false prophets today reside in Islam.  Islam believes Jesus will return to help convert Christians to Islam.  He's called "the Muslim jesus." Muhammad is a false Christ.  Any Muslim cleric who'is revered as a prophet is a false prophet.   You don't have to come in the literal name of christ to be a false Christ.  Allah is a false god.  Did you know the word, "alah" in in the old testament?  It's the word for "rise or ascend."....

The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
Another reason why these televagelist aren't fulfilling this prophecy today is because none of the events prior to verses 23-25 have been fulfilled.

This is talking about a time where the Islamic false prophet does miracles to deceive Muslims.  Chrstians know better than to fall for it and the reason for the word IF.