LPTSTR

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1Co 6:9  NKJV Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,  1Co 6:10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.   1Co 6:11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

If we tie this to the context of those who call themselves Christians but remain in the lifestyle of a felon, for instance, we should excommunicate them from churches.  They should be warned and we hope they will repent.  No unrepentant mafia hit man should remain a church member.  A person who refuses to repent of an ongoing "affair" should not remain in the church.  

As for family members, we can only assume that a person who remains in sin is not a true Christian who has repented and made Jesus Lord of their lives.  God hasn't stopped loving them, nor should we.  But I would also try to show them that their lives should be increasingly reflecting the life of Jesus and the fruit of the Spirit.  Most of all we should pray for them.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

56 minutes ago, Willa said:

1Co 6:9  NKJV Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,  1Co 6:10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.   1Co 6:11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

If we tie this to the context of those who call themselves Christians but remain in the lifestyle of a felon, for instance, we should excommunicate them from churches.  They should be warned and we hope they will repent.  No unrepentant mafia hit man should remain a church member.  A person who refuses to repent of an ongoing "affair" should not remain in the church.  

As for family members, we can only assume that a person who remains in sin is not a true Christian who has repented and made Jesus Lord of their lives.  God hasn't stopped loving them, nor should we.  But I would also try to show them that their lives should be increasingly reflecting the life of Jesus and the fruit of the Spirit.  Most of all we should pray for them.  

Yes, you are right,so what is written is not for the Christians. It is for the non Christians or people who think that they can walk in two ways. How can I bring sinners to Jesus if only I attend to church members? Jesus says: "I came for the silk people". Now, what will you do when they ask you to go preached the gospel,house by house? Where those people item no what is the Bible. Do you say no because the Bible teached to not be in the companion of the sinners? Again you must go to the time in history when Paul wrote this letter. If you don't understand the culture in the apostles time,you cannot have a clear understanding of the scripture. Do what Jesus has done.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On 4/23/2017 at 8:57 PM, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

I have question about this verse. How should it be applied in real life?

Does this mean that:
1) If such person comes to church we should not even say hello to him?
2) We should not talk to him?
3) If such person is our family member we should literally avoid eating with him even if such person is our own child?
4) If such person is our family member we should cut him off entirely, and not even respond his phone calls/letters/messages?
5) No one in the church/family is allowed to speak such person?

I saw a article that jehovah's witnesses are that extreme that they completely split up with and shun that family member, that parents literally abandon their kids, husband their wives and so on. Church completely ignores them and shuns them. It it well known to me that JWs interpret Bible their own way. But I was unable to find out what would be the correct interpretation of this (and other similar (2th3:14)) verse. To what extent do we as normal Christians have to go with it?

the matter at hand in 1 Corinthians 5 (as well as in 6th and other chapters) is the biggest problem in the world - namely spiritual lawlessness, which is why the holy apostle says in that verse he means if any person who goes in for spiritual religious activity, or to put it another way - practices religious faith, especially deeply and systematically, and thus commits spiritual lawlessness, then it is good for other people to not get involved/participate in his or her wicked affairs - in fact, (it is unfortunately so that) it is enough for us to share life with such people to get involved/participate in their spiritual lawlessness

people who are completely irreligious and non-occult are harmless in this regard, because they don't go in for spiritual/religious activities at all and thus aren't a spiritual threat to others, but people who go in for spiritual/religious activities and commit spiritual lawlessness are undoubtedly such a threat, which is why he says:

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (AKJV) "I wrote to you in an letter not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortionists, or with idolaters; for then must you needs go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortionist; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not you judge them that are within? But them that are without God judges. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person."

so it is not about avoiding eating together with such people in the literal sense of the words, but the religious worshipers have to be careful not to be influenced or affected unfavorably by people committing spiritual lawlessness, because (unfortunately) even physical contact with such people can be an enough occasion for the satanic kingdom to unfavorably affect the religious worshiper who is not careful enough to keep himself or herself from the unfavorable influence or impact coming/working through such people - i know this even from experience, there had been cases when such people managed to inflict a powerful curse on me only because i met and talked to them physically - at least once such people even managed to thus cause me physical death (in an entirely spiritual way), but the Lord(the biblical Father and Jesus) has resurrected me (i had been completely dead for a few hours that day) - of course the death of the (physical) body is less and much less harmless than spiritual death, which is why the Lord warns that we have to keep ourselves from [the ones who commit spiritual lawlessness and thus bring spiritual death to the world] (Matthew 10:28)

as it is better for one society to have romeo and juliet (even though having sex may be considered immoral) than bonnie and clyde killing people, so it is better for the world to have irreligious and non-occult people, albeit considered fornicators, self-interested, materialists, idolaters, etc., than spiritual workers/religious worshipers committing great spiritual lawlessness (of course this doesn't mean that the world doesn't need true Saints to sanctify it), because spiritual fornication and adultery is much worse than what is considered to be sexual fornication/adultery by the "world" (as St Paul explains also in the next chapter - Romans 6 - namely that the human body should be a temple of the Holy Spirit, not a penetralia of the kingdom of satan and the "beast" (either in the form of idolatry, in the form of occultism or in any other form of spiritual lawlessness) - because the first commandment that God gave to man was "you should not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil", and it is possible for a person to "eat" from it only if they practice occultism(spiritual fornication), idolatry(spiritual adultery) or another suchlike spiritual/religious tradition)

in the case(1 Corinthians 5) one man practiced deep occultism very much, which the Saints of the biblical scriptures call "having your Father's wife"(as in 1 Cor 5:1) or "seeing your Father's nakedness"(as in Genesis 9:22), because only the Heavenly Father(God the Father) has the right to be a system Administrator of life, while humans should not "eat" from the forbidden "tree", because their capacity doesn't allow them to thus be harmless successfully enough - only His capacity is enough for that - the difference between God's capacity and human capacity in this regard is like the difference between infinitely large and infinitely small - furthermore, the constant universal law says that there can be no more than one (true) system Administrator of life(God) in the infinite universe (at the same time) and that the One Who has already turned out to be the system Administrator of life(God) cannot be replaced by another (at least until the end of the single eternity), and also that there was never a time when the One Who was the (true) system Administrator of life was not the worthiest possible one, and that it is just not possible for any soul that is not the worthiest possible one to be the (true) system Administrator of life - for example one of the reasons for that is, as Jesus says in Luke 16:13, if there are two or more Gods, then if a person serves any of them, he or she will thus neglect the other one(s)

it is a real fact that Jesus never brought or caused death to any person, including not even to greatest spiritual lawbreakers/violators/offenders, which is why we should also not be hasty to try overcoming evil with evil but hurry to resolve problems with good

Blessings

Edited by ytLiJC

• 4 years later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I understand that unrepentant people should have no to limited association.  The points-at a minimum-are unrepentant and welcomed association.  Obviously, there is necessary association in a family.  That cannot be avoided.  Consider the following scriptures.  They may help with your understanding.  Proverbs 3:5; Ecclesiastes 9:18; 1 Corinthians 5:13; 6:9-11; Galatians 5:19-24; Hebrews 12:15, 16; Titus 3:10.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.50

On 4/23/2017 at 10:57 AM, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

Does this mean that:
3) If such person is our family member we should literally avoid eating with him even if such person is our own child?
4) If such person is our family member we should cut him off entirely, and not even respond his phone calls/letters/messages?

I saw a article that jehovah's witnesses are that extreme that they completely split up with and shun that family member, that parents literally abandon their kids, husband their wives and so on. Church completely ignores them and shuns them. It it well known to me that JWs interpret Bible their own way. But I was unable to find out what would be the correct interpretation of this (and other similar (2th3:14)) verse. To what extent do we as normal Christians have to go with it?

I always seen that as someone not repenting of it? A lifestyle choice, yet continues to attempt fellowship in Christ as though nothings wrong.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 4/23/2017 at 10:57 AM, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

Does this mean that:

1 Corinthians 5:11

11But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

The above means that we should not be unevenly yolked with having close best friends who are not genuine Christians. We are kind to every one as Christians. But we do not take advise from someone who is not a true Christian and we do not do anything that would not glorify the Lord. We can have casual friends who are not glorifying God but keep it simple. This is where our Christian discernment comes in. 

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

On 4/28/2017 at 5:49 PM, OneLight said:

Christ was not a bigot, yet He did take a strong stance against those who were the religious leaders of His day.  This is what Paul meant by "who bear the name brother".  Paul was not talking of sinners, whom we are not to judge.  He was speaking of those who claim to be a Christian.  Those we should judge with righteous judgement to help them stay in Him, which is being accountable to each other.

The question is a good one.  The problem is, too many include hatred in their actions instead of love.  For those who "bear the name of a brother" and continue in such sins need to be addressed, and in some circumstances, deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. 1 Corinthians 5:5

Read all of 1 Corinthians 5 to get the whole jest of what Paul was saying.

For the religious teachers which would have laid claim to "who bear the name brother" before the early church of Christians, Christ took a very strong stance against them, much like when he overthrew the tables of the money changers. He was filled with what I would call righteous indignation to say the least...

Matthew 21:12

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

Mark 11:15

And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;

Matthew 3:7

But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Matthew 23:33

Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Luke 3:7

Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

To me its those that claim to be a believer yet  will not change nor repent.  Lol its not like...oh your in sin cast them out. The kingdom of God is not of this world and cannot be carried out by worldly associations. Christ ate with sinners is one thing but we do not keep company with them.  How many of us do this today? Keep company with those that do not believe in Christ and are of this world? Again Christ came to save them.. why are we doing it?