• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

That is a news article that says nothing about the capabilities of either side. It is simple hype. What information do you have that they have any capacity to do anything other than boast as they have done for decades?

Time will tell.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

North Korea threatens one of our ships. If they bomb it then what?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa-japan-idUSKBN17P01Y

Parts of North Korea will cease to exist.  Those ships out there could destroy a lot of real estate.  But, God willing, the little man Kim is bluffing.  It's a dangerous game he's playing though.

4 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Oh they'd hit the aircraft carrier no doubt as it sails closer in...still in international waters. Well they could attempt to hit it..I'm sure there's a reasonable chance it would get shot down. They've been testing longer range missiles and have demonstrated they're no where close to hitting US soil. These longer range tests are about extending range of course.

I'd wager there would be some covert submarine cat and mouse too..that side of things is rarely mentioned and the koreans have subs. I live in the UK and we've been told we have roaming subs that are strategically placed to launch counterstrikes anywhere in the world...nuclear counterstrikes if need be. I'm sure the usa have 20 times our military ability.

You are very up to date on that stuff, Kevin.  And all true.  The Russians have the sub capability as well but I'm thinking they don't want any part of a N. Korea/U.S. fight; they are pretty extended in other places right now and there would be no pay out for them.  The Chinese?  Anyone's guess but they don't have  many submarines and they REALLY don't want a war on their doorstep.  Dangerous times, for sure.

3 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

Sorry, but this just got too ridiculous to even consider.

Come on, CM; it's NOT too ridiculous.  Remember, if a war happens it won't be instigated in Washington; N. Korea would have to start it.  And who knows what Kim Jung Un will do?

2 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

Good flippin  Grief!

What does that mean, CM?  Are you upset?

2 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

No my final answer is this entire thread is one that seems to lack faith in everything, from the training of our sailors, the level of equipment they have at their disposal and the almighty himself. It is looking at things from a perspective that everything is equal and that is simply detestable to me.

I hope that all Americans, at least, have faith in God and our military, CM.  Why do you believe any of us here do not?  Even people in other countries know that N. Korea is in no way able to wage war with the U.S.  I think the only question anyone has is 'will Pyongyang pull the trigger?'

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

I hope that all Americans, at least, have faith in God and our military, CM.  Why do you believe any of us here do not?  Even people in other countries know that N. Korea is in no way able to wage war with the U.S.  I think the only question anyone has is 'will Pyongyang pull the trigger?'

Fear, trepidation and an unhealthy ideal to leave well enough alone, especially when dealing with belligerents could be costly. The idea that God might just be using those involved in this as a means of dealing with a murdering tyrant seems not to be even thought of.

Western Christians and American Christians in particular have lived a life of virtual placidity under free governments that only irritate religious people by making laws against their desires. We don't even have a clue to what persecution is like and as such, some may see standing up as a rocking of the boat and tend to forget that God alone protects us. I am sure he sees the suffering of his people outside the West and I am not so sure that he will allow us to be protected much longer if we don't make a stand for our fellow Christian's. This is not love but complacency.

I don't think that this petty tyrant will do anything but bluster. One thing is that tyrants who kill those around them create a layer of fear and intimidation. They only last as long as that fear is of them. To begin a war that would ultimately obliterate the NK people, I would think those around this person would fear this more than he and when in between a rock and a hard place, the tyrant might just be the one taken out by his own people.

God is in charge and he is still on the throne. We are his children but we are also his soldiers. We spread his light not horde it and it seems to me, taking on evil is part and parcel of that.

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

What does that mean, CM?  Are you upset?

Not mad. I am frustrated with those who are fearful of outcomes when we all know where we are going.

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Come on, CM; it's NOT too ridiculous.  Remember, if a war happens it won't be instigated in Washington; N. Korea would have to start it.  And who knows what Kim Jung Un will do?

The ridiculousness has to do with those overly concentrating on NK and not enough with our own troops.