• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,214
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

12 hours ago, Jeff2 said:

Today's women are steeped in the philosophy of the Feminist Movement.

you mean "most" right?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, Neighbor said:

What would I know? I still stand up when a woman enters into the room, and I hold doors open for them too. 

I still see opening a door being done once in a while (usually by single guys trying to impress their girlfriends I suppose) but honestly, I never see a man standing up for a woman when she enters a room, so yes, you are UNIQUE in today's day.  

If I may add this thought- I would not want to be a single woman looking for a man in today's church. I was very fortunate to have had my wife available as intelligent, attractive, and gifted as she is.....mostly because many Christian men are insecure next to a woman who is either smarter than them or more accomplished, which was my wife.  Of course I didn't mind my wife had this powerful job making loads of money and gifted with a near genius IQ, who by the way, was (still is) stunning to behold.  :)

And then I got to witness today's Christian men dating my daughter, who is 28.  Again, Christian men were either turned off because she was not one of those women who didn't mind deferring to whatever men want or think (because men have been erroneously taught they are the boss because they are the head of the woman) or quite simply, men today are not equipped or interested in learning the art of compromise. 

Im sure there are some solid young Christian men out there who know how to apply Gods word correctly, but I don't think there are that many of them running around. The first thing these young men need to learn before they learn they are the head of the woman is the greatest of all is the servant of all.  And then after they learn that, they need to really understand what it means to love your wife similar to the love Christ has for the church.  Wait a minute.....didn't Christ give up his life for the church? Ah, yeah!  Think about how to apply that one in your marriage, men!  

If men can learn these two things, the chance of peace and success in their marriage skyrockets upward big time. If they don't learn, then this is where I made lots of money when I was practicing law. 

Sorry for the vent here. As you can see, my 20 years of practicing law saw a lot of failed Christian marriages (my daughter was one of them) and many of them had a common theme, as I mentioned above.  If you have a great marriage, as I do, I'm happy for you. If you haven't or yours today is not so great, my heart bleeds for you. 

Spock

6 minutes ago, Davida said:

What a great testimony Spock! both of your blessed marriage & for men to be submitted to the Lord & like unto Christ over their marriage and household that the Bible implores married men to be. I have to believe that if more men would be this way in earnest & obey God in this sacred role God would be able to pour out His healing & blessing on these sacred unions. We would see in our lives more of what GOD can do.

Oh, I forgot to mention.....I didn't learn these simple truths by merely reading the word, and wa- la! 

No, I usually learn many of Gods messages, including this one, through ........the school of hard knocks!  Sigh! 

I think this is one of those messages God wanted me to pass down to my clients who sought me out for my services. 

Thanks for listening to my rant! 

Love you,

spock

Edited by Spock

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

I am going to blow some peoples' minds here and perhaps be considered a heretic. But  a Pastor of mine once said that God did call men into the ministry, but if He couldn't find a man willing to serve, then He would raise up a woman.

What I have learned in nearly 50 years of serving God is that God's gifts are given to men (and women) as the Holy Spirit directs. God is Sovereign and He will do what He must do in order that the Great Commission (to preach the gospel to all creatures) be fulfilled. I have recently read of women in Malaysia who were persecuted by Islamic terrorists and imprisoned in women only prisons. Is anyone going to seriously deny a woman functioning as an apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor or teacher under those circumstances? I think not. If we become too legalistic, we become pharisees and we miss the heart of God, which is that ALL MEN (AND WOMEN) be saved.

I would rather have a woman pastor, anointed by God and under the influence of the Holy Spirit than a male pastor who is in that position only because he went to seminary and got a certificate of ordination. Please forgive me, but I again state that God is Sovereign. I will not judge a man or a woman until I have heard from God's throne.

1 hour ago, No124get1952 said:

I am going to blow some peoples' minds here and perhaps be considered a heretic. But  a Pastor of mine once said that God did call men into the ministry, but if He couldn't find a man willing to serve, then He would raise up a woman.

What I have learned in nearly 50 years of serving God is that God's gifts are given to men (and women) as the Holy Spirit directs. God is Sovereign and He will do what He must do in order that the Great Commission (to preach the gospel to all creatures) be fulfilled. I have recently read of women in Malaysia who were persecuted by Islamic terrorists and imprisoned in women only prisons. Is anyone going to seriously deny a woman functioning as an apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor or teacher under those circumstances? I think not. If we become too legalistic, we become pharisees and we miss the heart of God, which is that ALL MEN (AND WOMEN) be saved.

I would rather have a woman pastor, anointed by God and under the influence of the Holy Spirit than a male pastor who is in that position only because he went to seminary and got a certificate of ordination. Please forgive me, but I again state that God is Sovereign. I will not judge a man or a woman until I have heard from God's throne.

Great words brother. Thanks for sharing. One point you made is really golden. Much of the world outside of America is very very different. In many cultures, not surprisingly, it is the women who are rising up higher and heeding the call.  But don't forget, the women flocked around Jesus during his ministry, so things hasn't changed much.  Go girls! 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

I just know satan is at enmity with women and the Lord gave his life for us. Pretty easy to test the spirits and see if they are from God. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

Some of the tweets make a valid point, others do not. The one about not condoning rape, but asking women to dress modestly is off base in my opinion. I am not king to say that women should wear burkas, or even long skirts all the time. However, I do struggle with lust, and women who dress immodestly tend to make that struggle more difficult. I'm not going to a rape a woman who dressed immodestly, but I may get lustful feelings towards her. I think a Christian woman should be mindful of this and try not to cause their brothers in Christ to stumble.   

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

19 minutes ago, ricky said:

I think a Christian woman should be mindful of this and try not to cause their brothers in Christ to stumble.   

I could maybe see this if they are aware of it.  But sometimes there is no way of knowing what is going to give someone lustful thoughts.  For some, seeing a women's leg my cause such thoughts to enter their head. 

Edited by LadyKay

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

I think just being responsible and reasonable would be s good start, i.e. low cut clothes or very tight fitting clothes. 

7 minutes ago, ricky said:

Some of the tweets make a valid point, others do not. The one about not condoning rape, but asking women to dress modestly is off base in my opinion. I am not king to say that women should wear burkas, or even long skirts all the time. However, I do struggle with lust, and women who dress immodestly tend to make that struggle more difficult. I'm not going to a rape a woman who dressed immodestly, but I may get lustful feelings towards her. I think a Christian woman should be mindful of this and try not to cause their brothers in Christ to stumble.   

I'm going to chime in on this one because I hear you brother. When I go visiting my daughter's church (es) I'm sometimes taken back by the dress of some of these young ladies- in church!  You make a valid point. A man goes there to worship God and he has to battle satan tempting his thought life because some young gal is scantly clothed. 

My daughter tells me there is great competition to win a man over so women do what they feel they have to do to show off their ....shall we say, assets. Even in church! 

If I can toot my wife's horn again, that is what really impressed me about her. She has never wanted to show off what she has, even when she was single and a free agent.