• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

47 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

It's all fake news. ROFL! :emot-LOL:

Im joking don't get mad! 

I can spot a woman 1000 miles away. You are definitely a woman Kay, always been, not even transgender!  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Davida said:

Hmm I'm afraid that is quite false. What You said "Men" created it. That is Not at all what the article says and you claim it is the "same"?

Don't be afraid. Roy Raymond was a man. He and his male friends hashed out the idea over lingerie and sexying it up. Raymond and his wife rented their first store space together. However, that doesn't mean his wife was the founder. 

I'm not going to engage in this tragedy where you imply I'm a liar any further. I'll instead pray for that sin and ask you to stop now being Roy Raymond committed suicide in 1993 by falling off the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco California. 

Thank you for understanding. 

14 minutes ago, Spock said:

I can spot a woman 1000 miles away. You are definitely a woman Kay, always been, not even transgender!  

Wow, them's good eyeballs you got there. A thousand miles away? 

:P 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

19 minutes ago, Spock said:

I agree with Spock,lol.

• Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.49
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

6 hours ago, lemurchampagne said:

Nobody. That's the secret. Victoria's secret was started by men. Men who decided to create a shop where sexy lingerie they wanted to see their women in would be sold. After those men retained designers to create what those men's imaginations conjured to fit the image of sexy lingerie.

Victor's secret just wouldn't have had the same appeal. 

That's not true.! The Victorian era was known for its sexual purity which many have thought to be prudeness. There is a current series on BBC called Victoria, you might want to watch about Queen Victoria when she first became queen when she was 18 years old. It might give some insight on the name "Victoria's secret."

23 hours ago, Spock said:

Spot on lemur!  

Side note here: my wife and I went on an 10 day Israeli tour this year, and the spiritual leader of our bus was a female pastor.  She is AWESOME!!!! She led all the prayers, messages, and watched over all 40 of us like a true Shephard.  Clearly, she loved the Lord with great passion and we had many heart to heart talks with her and her husband.  We walked away totally convinced God is using her and very happy with her love for the flock. No way would I tell her she is displeasing the Lord. No way.........

Anyhow, thanks for listening. 

Spock

I got ya . There's nothing like the feeling of a pastor called to service and leading the church wherever they are. You can feel that warm embrace of the oneness in Christ. It's hard to explain if someone has never been there but it feels like a warm all encompassing hug that goes with you when you're in church, or wherever the congregation is. And it lifts you when you depart so that you don't feel like you really left. 

How was the tour of Israel? I've heard advertisements for Christian cruises to Israel and things but I've not yet signed up. 

3 hours ago, Davida said:

Perhaps you can read over your posts & my responses. Have a nice life.

I will thank you.  I have a blessed life praise be to God. I hope the same for you as well. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

On 4/27/2017 at 8:04 PM, Davida said:

If women were to have the Exact same role as a men as far as Teaching , Pastoring then why then didn't Jesus pick 6 women to be His disciples? Why not 2 or 1 even?  The Jewish culture at the time would not have held Him back if that was HIS desire, for He is the Son of God, Jesus could have appointed women ,  if that was the message & precedent  He wished to establish.   Women were amongst the inner circle of followers of Jesus & they supported His ministry equal in value but not the same as the men.  Women had important contributions but different roles to play. I accept what the Bible says on women not being Pastors and I do not question the scripture because it is difficult for my carnal nature to accept , nor do I chose to question those who GOD chose to write scripture. Women are called into the Ministry but just not to be a Pastoring authority over men.   Women are of equal value in the minstry, they can be teachers of other women & children, they can be in missionary work and work a longside of men in supportive partnership in spreading the Good News but the Bible is clear on their roles and as Paul stated in Timothy it goes back to the garden - And how GOD created Adam & Eve in the first place. God designed the purpose & roles of both.  Adam was formed first and then Eve who was created to be a help-mate for Adam. It was Eve who was deceived by Satan & she convinced Adam & gave it for him to eat the forbidden fruit.

1Tim 2:14 "13For Adam was formed first, and then Eve. 14And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was deceived and fell into transgression. "

I know this was several pages ago, but some things were mentioned here that ought to be addressed.

1. All of Jesus' followers were considered his disciples, not just the 12. We forget that Jesus had a larger body of disciples that the 12 were called out of. [Luke 6:13 - And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles; ; Acts 1:15 - And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)] So, it could be argued that the women who followed Him were disciples as well.

2. Where does the Bible say women are not to be "pastors"? Put the word "pastor" in a Bible search, and let me know how many times you even see the word "pastor" and what these verses imply is the job of a pastor!

3. If women are not to teach men period, why do we see in Acts: "He began to speak boldly in the synagogue, but when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him and explained to him the way of God more accurately," and not "He began to speak boldly in the synagogue, but when Aquila heard him, Aquila took him and explained to him the way of God more accurately" (Acts 18:26)?

4. "Help-mate" does not mean "helper at his side." The word "help" in Hebrew is the same word used when David is crying out to god for help in the Psalms. This word help implies rescue, not assistance. (Don't believe me? Look it up for yourself.) The word translated as "mate" is not a word that we have in English. But it's meaning is more along the lines of "equal and opposite" - like the left hand to the right - but also one who stands before. (Again, look up the words in Hebrew yourself and find their meanings.)

5. What do you think of Elizabeth Elliott and the other women who became missionaries and initial teachers to the remote tribe that killed their husbands?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

You know the answers to this Nebula, this has all been a rehash. I guess the your not familiar with the 12 disciples I was referring to?

All of this? I didn't see anything about points 2 - 5 in this thread. 

You didn't say "the 12 disciples" though. You only said "disciples." Thus I was addressing that point. Having women among his disciples most likely was a very radical thing since only men could be discipled to be rabbis. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Just to throw this out there - should we consider every word from Pauls letters to be absolute Gospel for all time for every generation for every culture? After all, these were LETTERS to individual churches to address issues going on at that time. I know it is far easier to say YES and just follow every word for all peoples for 1000 generations, but.......I think there is more going on that should be considered. And don't forget, sometimes he says, "I Paul....." and sometimes he says, "The Lord, not I......." 

We all know women were not even allowed to go to school to learn to do anything of importance back then. This is the culture Paul was dealing with and what Paul had to respond to when addressing issues. So for me, because these are LETTERS to individual churches written to address specific problems going on at that time, I personally do not feel so inclined to give every word my full support that I have to follow today.  Paul never even discouraged SLAVERY, did he?  Ever wonder why? Yet, we all know slavery is evil. What was important about Pauls message to someone bound in slavery? Ponder that.

I try to use the entire Bible to consider other perspectives, including the OT. And that is what I did on this issue. I have mentioned several other scripture passages that I have considered plus I added a link that showed both sides of the argument for those who care.  I believe one can easily support the Bible's okay for women to lead the flock if feel so called and should not merely rely mostly on a few things Paul mentioned in his LETTERS to Timothy and to the church in CORINTH. 

I also respect opposite opinions but I don't believe anyone should bully someone to believe as they do. We all have to figure things out, act accordingly, but more importantly, stay united in Christ even though we don't always see things the same, especially on MINOR ISSUES. 

Thus, while davida  should not go to seminary to learn to be a pastor to lead a flock, doesn't mean she can't support lemurchampagne if she decides to do such.  Even if she believes lemur is out of Gods will, don't you think God will deal with lemur is his way? After all, we are all one in Christ and I believe from Gods perspective, we are to major in the major and agree to disagree with the minors. I consider this issue a minor. After all, no one is forcing people like davida to attend a church with a female pastor, so,it is not like she is compromising her beliefs.  And she really has no right to tell some female on fire for the Lord who desires to serve as a pastor or missionary that this is not her place. Trust that God knows best.

Anyhow, perspective is important but tolerance in minor issues is even more important. We don't need to start wars over minor issues.  Trust God through it all.

in love,

spock