• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The Hashtag #ThingsOnlyChristianWomenHear Is Blowing Up Twitter and Pointing Out Misogyny in the Church

http://churchleaders.com/news/302572-hashtag-thingsonlychristianwomenhear-blowing-twitter-pointing-misogyny-church.html

Thoughts or comments?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The statement written in one tweet expresses an issue that has bugged me for decades:

"When you heard many sermons on how women submit to husbands but 0 on how husbands lay down their life for wife."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

I'm sure there are many out there who claim to be Christian who look down upon women, but does that make them Christian, since there is no room in Christianity for prideful people to use Biblical teachings to degrade anyone. There are certain roles that are given only to men, but that isn't to degrade anyone, but to complete a chain of authority began by God and handed down to mankind to complete God's plan.

Those that attempt to abuse others by utilizing this plan is not to complete God's plan, but to co-opt it for their own benefit.  If scripture is used, but is administered to anyone's favor then the abuser needs to be called out respectfully, so that error can be addressed. If it was an omission in error, than that will be known. If it was not then it will be known that the error was on our part for listening to the person, in the first place.

What is needed is clarification of intent because the intent matters. If a person excludes a portion of a scripture and does so out of thoughtless repetition, then you may very well aid him in his spiritual growth as well as strengthen the ties of Christian ties.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, nebula said:

The statement written in one tweet expresses an issue that has bugged me for decades:

Today's women are steeped in the philosophy of the Feminist Movement. This Movement sets women against men, and mostly so, women against God. In the more liberal Denominations, women now outnumber men in Seminary.

The "offense" that I am sure that Twitter is abuzz with, is how they feel demeaned by God's Biblical order in the marriage and the Church. The truth is that there are roles that all humans were intended to function in, but rebellious people defy this, and hate on God because of it. Women see the history of the Feminist Movement as a plus for family and the Church. History has profoundly proved otherwise. 

But what do I know... I am a White Male; therefore I am automatically believed to be a Misogynist Pig, and notorious Racist!

Edited by Jeff2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

10 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

Today's women are steeped in the philosophy of the Feminist Movement. This Movement sets women against men, and mostly so, women against God. In the more liberal Denominations, women now outnumber men in Seminary.

The "offense" that I am sure that Twitter is abuzz with, is how they feel demeaned by God's Biblical order in the marriage and the Church. The truth is that there are roles that all humans were intended to function in, but rebellious people defy this, and hate on God because of it. Women see the history of the Feminist Movement as a plus for family and the Church. History has profoundly proved otherwise. 

But what do I know... I am a White Male; therefore I am automatically believed to be a Misogynist Pig, and notorious Racist!

I have always been a feminist, even though I am a man. There is a difference between God's designs and the actions of true misogynists, for they do exist but not because of biblical teachings.

Feminism began as a demand for respect from those who had no affiliation with biblical teachings, because they were treated as an object desirable only for their beauty and the availability for sex. This was never God's plan, but since thoughtless self centered hedonism is so wide spread in this world, those who had the ears of others consolidated their hold on their followers by demonizing that which they never understood in the first place.

The feminist movement has become just as much of a group of angry intolerant ranters as every other group who embraces victimhood as a banner. they want revenge against the world and everyone in it that doesn't conform to their designs.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Jeff2 said:

Well not by me, Jeff.  I'm not a feminist myself; I'm a realist.  I think the so calledl 'feminists' are predominantly man hating, unhappy women.  God made men AND women and Jesus never forbade women preaching.  I want to be an equal to men, not superior to them.  Churches ARE patriarchal to a large degree but, if I wanted to be a deacon or preach, I would go about preparing myself to do that and the church leaders would have nothing to say about it.  God doesn't forbid women from doing anything that I know of, occupation-wise, that is.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

I'll add , when I was attending an Anglican Church it was over run with feminists and feminist pride . One of the  female ministers had the white clergy robe and the stole that goes around their neck & comes down long on either side.  She had on one of them embroidered the sign for women - ya, not Christ, not a dove, but her fallen earthly gender ( sorry it still annoys me) - my response when I looked at that was , " Oh yay! how stupid. If I would have not been leaving I would have had a little chat with her about her priorities as a minister and lifting up her gender instead of --I don't know? --perhaps GOD the FATHER, the SON our Lord Jesus Christ or the HOLY SPIRIT?   :huh: these same women would have freaked if a Pastor would have a symbol for men on their slole. I only saw it on once , but to me it had no place there period.  You're not there to make a political statement, imo.

That's really too much.  Glad you left that church, Davida, because it doesn't sound Godly at all.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, nebula said:

The Hashtag #ThingsOnlyChristianWomenHear Is Blowing Up Twitter and Pointing Out Misogyny in the Church

http://churchleaders.com/news/302572-hashtag-thingsonlychristianwomenhear-blowing-twitter-pointing-misogyny-church.html

Thoughts or comments?

I do not believe that the Bible supports women in the roll of Pastor of a Church or leadership of a Church. They can teach and they can support their husband who may have a leadership roll in the Church.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I see I have come in late to this post but for now I will say that was interesting.  Now to scroll back through and see how many people I disagree with. :)

Edited by LadyKay

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I do not believe that the Bible supports women in the roll of Pastor of a Church or leadership of a Church. They can teach and they can support their husband who may have a leadership roll in the Church.

Well, let's look at how men are doing running things:

a. World leaders- not good, wars abound thanks to all that testosterone out there

b. Church leaders- not good, to many are either pedophiles or adulterers or even worse- a televangelist 

Anybody think women would do worse?   (Not me) 

Free those great minds, gifts, and talents!  We need these HELPMATES to help make this a gentler and kinder world! 

Spock