IGNORED

Hannity Vows Legal Action After Sexual Harassment Accusation

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
Sean Hannity has vowed to sue a former guest of his program with "some of the finest and toughest lawyers in the country" after she accused the Fox News host of sexually propositioning her as allegations of sexual harassment continue to roil the network.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Well here we go again.   It will be interesting to see if Hannity actually does fight the charge or if he settles.  That (to me) is always the telling factor - whether or not the accused tries to clear their name or not.

For what it's worth - the charges against O'Reilly didn't surprise me.  These allegations against Hannity - if it turns out they are true - would.

Blessings,

-Ed

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Davida said:

What happened to women just telling men off when they received on wanted advances?  rather then all this I'm going to ruin you in this city type of vengeance?

Because they have discovered that they can sue and possibly get a large settlement.  But I am starting to think there is an effort to take down the major players at FOX.  Hannity, especially, because he was such a strong supporter of Trump.   I don't think the charges are true. 

Guest shiloh357
36 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Well here we go again.   It will be interesting to see if Hannity actually does fight the charge or if he settles.  That (to me) is always the telling factor - whether or not the accused tries to clear their name or not.

For what it's worth - the charges against O'Reilly didn't surprise me.  These allegations against Hannity - if it turns out they are true - would.

Blessings,

-Ed

I don't think a settlement is necessarily an admission of guilt.   In a He said/she said situation, if there is no proof, either way, the benefit of the doubt will go to victim.    So it might be cheaper over the long haul just to settle and get it out of the news cycle as quickly as possible than to go to a trial and risk the court awarding her an even larger amount that what might have been paid in a settlement.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

OOPS

Debbie Schlussel walks back sexual harassment claim against Sean Hannity: Now only says “he was weird and creepy”

http://www.salon.com/2017/04/24/conservative-commentator-walks-back-sexual-harassment-claim-against-sean-hannity-debbie-schlussel-now-only-says-he-was-weird-and-creepy/

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Davida said:

What happened to women just telling men off when they received on wanted advances?  rather then all this I'm going to ruin you in this city type of vengeance?

Because that does not stop them from doing it to the next woman and the next woman and the next woman.  

A woman at work should not need to spend her time fighting off the advances of men who are pigs and can not control themselves 

Guest shiloh357
42 minutes ago, other one said:

OOPS

Debbie Schlussel walks back sexual harassment claim against Sean Hannity: Now only says “he was weird and creepy”

http://www.salon.com/2017/04/24/conservative-commentator-walks-back-sexual-harassment-claim-against-sean-hannity-debbie-schlussel-now-only-says-he-was-weird-and-creepy/

Yes, but that may not enough at this point.   I guess she knows she would go down in flames in a defamation suit.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

Because that does not stop them from doing it to the next woman and the next woman and the next woman.  

A woman at work should not need to spend her time fighting off the advances of men who are pigs and can not control themselves 

well, I would not do so because I am a happily married man, but if I were single, would it really be some terrible thing to ask someone up to my room and just let it go if the answer was no....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

It is her word against his. She has no hard evidence. That is why a person needs to keep a recorder hidden on themselves that no one can see but it can pick up the conversation in situations like this.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

23 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

And a man at work shouldn't have to worry he's going to be called vile names and get sued because he says good morning to the same woman two days in a row!

Edited by Logan