times you laughed at yourself

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

Have you ever done something that after you were done you just laughed at yourself, either because of the stupidit or pettiness of the situaton?

Heres one of mine

I once tried to date a young lady but it crashed and burned leading to much disappointment and frustration. Later on when I hd gotten over it somewhat I saw her  in public wearing a  one piece suit which cut off at  right above her chest leaving her arms and  upper chest bare. After she walked off I recall directly thinking " Thank God I never hooked up with her. Look how immodestly shes dressed. Seconds later I stopped and laughed, cause I realised I basically did this.....:laugh:

sour_grapes_by_mittymandi-d5csb0u.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Have you ever done something that after you were done you just laughed at yourself, either because of the stupidit or pettiness of the situaton?

Heres one of mine

I once tried to date a young lady but it crashed and burned leading to much disappointment and frustration. Later on when I hd gotten over it somewhat I saw her  in public wearing a  one piece suit which cut off at  right above her chest leaving her arms and  upper chest bare. After she walked off I recall directly thinking " Thank God I never hooked up with her. Look how immodestly shes dressed. Seconds later I stopped and laughed, cause I realised I basically did this.....:laugh:

sour_grapes_by_mittymandi-d5csb0u.jpg

So you have changed since then? Your values have changed since then? That is a good thing. The Holy Spirit working in your life and God closed the door on that relationship. I can laugh and I could cry and some of the choices I have made in my life. But now God is the captain of my soul. He takes the front seat and all my decisions go through Him :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

nah it was about a year ago that it didt work. my point is, had she consented, i probsbly wouldnt have minded

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

nah it was about a year ago that it didt work. my point is, had she consented, i probsbly wouldnt have minded

Oh that is not very long ago.

Guest BacKaran

Well, since I'm over 55 and need readers...I didn't want to be like my mom having one pair on her head and reading with the other one...

Ummmm, I've had two on my head and one on my blouse and one in my hand to put on! Lol!

Guest bonnieschamberger

Oh Man I remember going through my divorce a few years ago and being on a dating site for that first year and absolutely hating it and I had so many horrible experiences from it ...there were a couple good ones but mostly horrible experiences....and the only reason I was on there was the pressure I was getting (and honestly I still get) from family members to date knowing full well I hated dating and did not want to do it period.Well after that last date I remember crying and feeling just gross and negative and God broke through and said I didnt have to do it...that it was fine I didnt want to date or be on a dating site ...that I could just be with Him because He was my portion after all.He just washed over me with so much peace and love that I deleted that profile when I got home but I do still laugh at myself for being sooooooo consumed with what everyone else thought and beating myself up as much as I did .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

23 minutes ago, bonnieschamberger said:

Oh Man I remember going through my divorce a few years ago and being on a dating site for that first year and absolutely hating it and I had so many horrible experiences from it ...there were a couple good ones but mostly horrible experiences....and the only reason I was on there was the pressure I was getting (and honestly I still get) from family members to date knowing full well I hated dating and did not want to do it period.Well after that last date I remember crying and feeling just gross and negative and God broke through and said I didnt have to do it...that it was fine I didnt want to date or be on a dating site ...that I could just be with Him because He was my portion after all.He just washed over me with so much peace and love that I deleted that profile when I got home but I do still laugh at myself for being sooooooo consumed with what everyone else thought and beating myself up as much as I did .

we are all weak and fleshy, male and female...male generally think self-gratification and female generally selfless...but God implores as be holy as I am holy and here's my Holy Spirit to empower you!fun2.jpg

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

19 minutes ago, Yowm said:

there was a glob of peanut butter on the end of my nose. 

Couldn't you smell it on your nose Yowm??

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,792
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I would have handed you some jelly :blink: 

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

The pb was lodged just above the two sniffer holes LOL ...or should I say Waaaaaaah :)

I think she needs glasses lol:26: