• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Content Per Day:  16.70
  • Days Won:  0

Source: Senate Called to White House

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer confirmed the upcoming briefing, for all 100 senators, on Monday.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats plan to provide the update to lawmakers.

It is rare for the entire Senate to be invited to such a briefing. 

Spicer clarified that while the event will take place on the White House campus, it is technically a Senate briefing and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., is the one who convened it.

The briefing, first reported by Reuters, was confirmed after President Trump earlier spoke to the leaders of both China and Japan.

Trump spoke by phone with Chinese President Xi Jinping and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

Xi told Trump that China strongly opposed North Korea’s nuclear weapons program and hoped “all parties will exercise restraint and avoid aggravating the situation,” according to Chinese broadcaster CCTV. Trump hopes China could increase pressure on its isolated ally instead of using military options or trying to overthrow Kim Jong Un’s regime.

Trump and Abe agreed to urge North Korea to refrain from provocative actions.

So what's next?

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

Trump needs something to talk about Saturday when he hits his 100 day mark.  Plenty of time to start a war before Saturday.

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Perhaps the world's largest Korean BBQ.

My guess, that's not it.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Source: Senate Called to White House

So what's next?

We'll have to wait and see.
I think this is good of President Trump to hope for a bipartisan congress concerning north Korea and the future steps that may be necessary. Rather than making a speech on the floor asking for bipartisan support on the record, he's bringing them in to likely show them intelligence the public wouldn't be privy to.

A report surfaced last week saying Jung-un could have his own stockpile of nerve gas. Whether that is true I don't know. However, during the parade of weaponry in north Korea during their day of the sun celebration, it appeared that many of the missiles and rockets being hauled in the parade were fake. The tips of more than one missile seemed to be feeling the heat because even members of the press corp noticed they were curving a little .

Jung-un would know of course what he really has in his arsenal. But that he's still making threats to unleash weapons of mass destruction if.... Is worthy of concern. He's demonstrated he's not exactly stable.

It's like that old saying a friend of mine use to have. A crazy bloke off medication is scary . But a crazy bloke with a nuke is something to be watched.

I admire Trump's inviting this meeting of Senators to the White house. It shows a willingness to work together for the common good of addressing the threat that Jung-un could present to the world.

"The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country." Kim Jung-un New Years speech January 1, 2013

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/k/kimjongun495478.html
The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

Trump needs something to talk about Saturday when he hits his 100 day mark.  Plenty of time to start a war before Saturday.

That's not even close to funny.

21 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

We'll have to wait and see.
I think this is good of President Trump to hope for a bipartisan congress concerning north Korea and the future steps that may be necessary. Rather than making a speech on the floor asking for bipartisan support on the record, he's bringing them in to likely show them intelligence the public wouldn't be privy to.

A report surfaced last week saying Jung-un could have his own stockpile of nerve gas. Whether that is true I don't know. However, during the parade of weaponry in north Korea during their day of the sun celebration, it appeared that many of the missiles and rockets being hauled in the parade were fake. The tips of more than one missile seemed to be feeling the heat because even members of the press corp noticed they were curving a little .

Jung-un would know of course what he really has in his arsenal. But that he's still making threats to unleash weapons of mass destruction if.... Is worthy of concern. He's demonstrated he's not exactly stable.

It's like that old saying a friend of mine use to have. A crazy bloke off medication is scary . But a crazy bloke with a nuke is something to be watched.

I admire Trump's inviting this meeting of Senators to the White house. It shows a willingness to work together for the common good of addressing the threat that Jung-un could present to the world.

"The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country." Kim Jung-un New Years speech January 1, 2013

Excellent post and my feelings also.  Jung-un is bating us.  If something must be done, let's do it with the blessings and help from our allies including China.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

That's not even close to funny.

Little with our government is these days. 

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

5 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Little with our government is these days. 

Indeed it's not and they never call ALL of the Senators together for a meeting.  I don't like the way this looks. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Excellent post and my feelings also.  Jung-un is bating us.  If something must be done, let's do it with the blessings and help from our allies including China.

I think all things considered China knows if they had to take a side siding with Jung-un would be a mistake for a great many reasons. Maybe Jung-un is starting to believe the claim that he's divine. Now he see's himself as able to take on the worlds super powers and win. I think that would be a huge mistake in the game of axis and allies.