• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

53 minutes ago, other one said:

Hazzard, did you write this or get it from somewhere else?  It is pretty well thought out.

After reading this Chapter, Revelation 17:1-18, and especially verse 5, many times in the Word of God I did an in depth study over many years, finding the answers, piecing them all together, here a little, there a little, as to who and what this woman is.

Revelation 17: 1, And there came one of the seven angels that had the seven bowls, and spake with me, saying, Come hither, I will show thee the judgment of the great harlot that sitteth upon many waters;
    2, with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and they that dwell in the earth were made drunken with the wine of her fornication.
    3, And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness: and I saw a woman sitting upon a scarlet-colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
    4, And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and decked with gold and precious stone and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations, even the unclean things of her fornication,

5, and upon her forehead a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF THE HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6, And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I wondered with a great wonder.
    7, And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou wonder? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and the ten horns.
    8, The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and is about to come up out of the abyss, and to go into perdition. And they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, they whose name hath not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast, how that he was, and is not, and shall come.
    9, Here is the mind that hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth:
    10, and they are seven kings; the five are fallen, the one is, the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a little while.
    11, And the beast that was, and is not, is himself also an eighth, and is of the seven; and he goeth into perdition.
    12, And the ten horns that thou sawest are ten kings, who have received no kingdom as yet; but they receive authority as kings, with the beast, for one hour.
    13, These have one mind, and they give their power and authority unto the beast.
    14, These shall war against the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them, for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings; and they also shall overcome that are with him, called and chosen and faithful.
    15, And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the harlot sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
    16, And the ten horns which thou sawest, and the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and shall burn her utterly with fire.
    17, For God did put in their hearts to do his mind, and to come to one mind, and to give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God should be accomplished.
    18, And the woman whom thou sawest is the great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,869
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

After reading this Chapter, Revelation 17:1-18, and especially verse 5, many times in the Word of God I did an in depth study over many years, finding the answers, piecing them all together, here a little, there a little, as to who and what this woman is.

Revelation 17: 1, And there came one of the seven angels that had the seven bowls, and spake with me, saying, Come hither, I will show thee the judgment of the great harlot that sitteth upon many waters;
    2, with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and they that dwell in the earth were made drunken with the wine of her fornication.
    3, And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness: and I saw a woman sitting upon a scarlet-colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
    4, And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and decked with gold and precious stone and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations, even the unclean things of her fornication,

5, and upon her forehead a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF THE HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6, And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I wondered with a great wonder.
    7, And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou wonder? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and the ten horns.
    8, The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and is about to come up out of the abyss, and to go into perdition. And they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, they whose name hath not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast, how that he was, and is not, and shall come.
    9, Here is the mind that hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth:
    10, and they are seven kings; the five are fallen, the one is, the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a little while.
    11, And the beast that was, and is not, is himself also an eighth, and is of the seven; and he goeth into perdition.
    12, And the ten horns that thou sawest are ten kings, who have received no kingdom as yet; but they receive authority as kings, with the beast, for one hour.
    13, These have one mind, and they give their power and authority unto the beast.
    14, These shall war against the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them, for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings; and they also shall overcome that are with him, called and chosen and faithful.
    15, And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the harlot sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
    16, And the ten horns which thou sawest, and the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and shall burn her utterly with fire.
    17, For God did put in their hearts to do his mind, and to come to one mind, and to give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God should be accomplished.
    18, And the woman whom thou sawest is the great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

I intend to share what you wrote in the other post with other people and I need to know if you wrote it and if you did can I share it...

11 minutes ago, other one said:

I intend to share what you wrote in the other post with other people and I need to know if you wrote it and if you did can I share it...

As I said, I gathered all this, in bits and pieces over many years of study from the Word of God. from various books and web sites and pieced it together. Feel free to use it in any way you want. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

The Harlot is not the RCC that is just not he case. Nor can it be the case. 

14 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

The Harlot is not the RCC that is just not he case. Nor can it be the case. 

Rev 17:1, And there came one of the seven angels that had the seven bowls, and spake with me, saying, Come hither, I will show thee the judgment of the great harlot that sitteth upon many waters;

Rev 17:15, And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the harlot sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Rev 17:16, And the ten horns which thou sawest, and the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and shall burn her utterly with fire.

Rev 19:2, for true and righteous are his judgments; for he hath judged the great harlot, her that corrupted the earth with her fornication, and he hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

Playing the whore in symbolic language always refers to religious fornication and idolatry (Rev. 1-4; Isa. 23:17; 57:3-7; Jer. 3:2-9; Ez. 16:1-63; 20:30-32; 23:7-49; Hos. 4:12-19; Nah. 3:4. Literal fornication must also be understood in some of these).

Her causing the many nations to commit fornication with her, proves that idolatrous religious practices are being referred to, as in passages above. She is not a political power for she is not classed as one of "the kings of the Earth." She only causes the kings inhabitants of the earth to be drunk with the wine of her fornication (2, 4). Since fornication here refers to religious harlotry then her influence over the nations is through religion.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

The "harlot" has been around since nations began after the flood

This is the larger portion of lost humanity

Today the harlot leader is the USA and it is the Muslims of the Middle East that will form a kingdom there of 10 divides

These 10 kings will hate the harlot and destroy her at the beginning of the coming tribulation period [Revelation 14:8; 17:15-18]

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

5 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Rev 17:1, And there came one of the seven angels that had the seven bowls, and spake with me, saying, Come hither, I will show thee the judgment of the great harlot that sitteth upon many waters;

Rev 17:15, And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the harlot sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Rev 17:16, And the ten horns which thou sawest, and the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and shall burn her utterly with fire.

Rev 19:2, for true and righteous are his judgments; for he hath judged the great harlot, her that corrupted the earth with her fornication, and he hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

Playing the whore in symbolic language always refers to religious fornication and idolatry (Rev. 1-4; Isa. 23:17; 57:3-7; Jer. 3:2-9; Ez. 16:1-63; 20:30-32; 23:7-49; Hos. 4:12-19; Nah. 3:4. Literal fornication must also be understood in some of these).

Her causing the many nations to commit fornication with her, proves that idolatrous religious practices are being referred to, as in passages above. She is not a political power for she is not classed as one of "the kings of the Earth." She only causes the kings inhabitants of the earth to be drunk with the wine of her fornication (2, 4). Since fornication here refers to religious harlotry then her influence over the nations is through religion.

That's all true. But the Angel in Rev. 17:7 explained to us who the Harlot is and who the Beast she rides is. 

7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

We are told who she is and who the Seven Headed Beast is. Its not Mystery anymore. 

All of your points on fornication and idolatry are spot on, she spread the Wine of evil spirits where the Holy Spirit spread the Wine of God. The Kings became Drunk with her wine. Who is the Seven Headed Beast? It represents the Kingdoms of the World, from Babylon to the Anti-Christ, she made them Dunk, until the Anti-Christ and his Kings killed (Rev. 17:16) her off.  So what fits? 

All False Religion from the beginning is Judged. That's why Babylon is imprinted on her head. It can be the hierarchy of the RCC, and maybe the SDA etc., but it has to include all Witchcraft and Devil worship, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc. all, you get my point? You are limiting her, Gods going to judge all False Religion. How does He do that? By allowing the Anti-Christ to come forth. Of course any person who demands to be worshiped as the ONLY GOD has a conflict going on with all Religions. What does he do with the Temple in Jerusalem? He places an Idol of himself there and demands to be worshiped as God. Israel flees to the Wilderness. He kills the Christian Remnant. Thus the pattern is this, he will kill all that refuse to worship him, and thus all Religions are destroyed, Islam, Buddhism etc. all. The Harlot is JUDGED and is no more. IMHO, this happens in Rev. 6 when he goes forth to Conquer.

As per the Seven Headed Beast. That is Babylon, the Head of Gold, World governance. Jesus comes back and smashes the Statue which represents Governments void of God and His ways. Thus Babylon/Anti-Christ/Beast destroys the Harlot and the Plagues of God fall upon Babylon, WORLD GOVERNMENTS, or all that Gather at Armageddon when Jesus shows up and fulfills Rev. 16:19, and destroys the NATIONS that God sees as Babylon and thus gives her His Wrath.

Rev. 16:19 And the great city was divided (Jerusalem) into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell (Babylon): and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

The Harlot is all False Religion, thus she is truly world wide. She is Judged and Destroyed by the Kings who hated her. (The Same Kings Cry and Lament when Babylon is Destroyed in Rev. 18))

Babylon is World Governments which God/Jesus is going to Judge.

Thus the Harlot rides the Seven Headed Beast............for Centuries they were co-mingled. 

Edited by Revelation Man

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

On 4/27/2017 at 8:22 PM, Revelation Man said:

I have a thread up in this very forum (Eschatology) called Babylon the Harlot and the Seven Headed Beast Explained...so I will not go into great detail, as it is below or on the second page, but in short the Harlot is ALL FALSE RELIGION and Babylon is ALL FALSE GOVERNMENT.

The Harlot (False Religion) rides the Seven Headed Beast (False Gov.) and they are co-mingled until the KINGS kill the Harlot in Rev. 17:16 which really happens in Rev. ch. 6.........Rev. 16:19 is the End of Babylon.  Rev. 17 and 18 are enhanced retellings of things that have past. 

The Holy Spirit was seen as NEW WINE, so the Harlot making the Kings drunk with her Fornication means she is filling them with the spirit of false gods or demon spirits....She made them drunk with EVIL. 

EDIT: The Kings kill the Harlot because Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism can not co-exist with the Anti-Christ/BEAST because he demands to be worshiped as the ONLY GOD !! He also kills Christians and all who will not bow down unto him.

I agree 100%, outstanding post.  :thumbsup:

Revelation Man:  I would be interested in reading your other posts regarding eschatology, just curious on your overall view.  If you don't mind, you can respond here or pm them to me if it isn't too much trouble.

God bless

1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

That's all true. But the Angel in Rev. 17:7 explained to us who the Harlot is and who the Beast she rides is. 

7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

We are told who she is and who the Seven Headed Beast is. Its not Mystery anymore. 

All of your points on fornication and idolatry are spot on, she spread the Wine of evil spirits where the Holy Spirit spread the Wine of God. The Kings became Drunk with her wine. Who is the Seven Headed Beast? It represents the Kingdoms of the World, from Babylon to the Anti-Christ, she made them Dunk, until the Anti-Christ and his Kings killed (Rev. 17:16) her off.  So what fits? 

All False Religion from the beginning is Judged. That's why Babylon is imprinted on her head. It can be the hierarchy of the RCC, and maybe the SDA etc., but it has to include all Witchcraft and Devil worship, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc. all, you get my point? You are limiting her, Gods going to judge all False Religion. How does He do that? By allowing the Anti-Christ to come forth. Of course any person who demands to be worshiped as the ONLY GOD has a conflict going on with all Religions. What does he do with the Temple in Jerusalem? He places an Idol of himself there and demands to be worshiped as God. Israel flees to the Wilderness. He kills the Christian Remnant. Thus the pattern is this, he will kill all that refuse to worship him, and thus all Religions are destroyed, Islam, Buddhism etc. all. The Harlot is JUDGED and is no more. IMHO, this happens in Rev. 6 when he goes forth to Conquer.

As per the Seven Headed Beast. That is Babylon, the Head of Gold, World governance. Jesus comes back and smashes the Statue which represents Governments void of God and His ways. Thus Babylon/Anti-Christ/Beast destroys the Harlot and the Plagues of God fall upon Babylon, WORLD GOVERNMENTS, or all that Gather at Armageddon when Jesus shows up and fulfills Rev. 16:19, and destroys the NATIONS that God sees as Babylon and thus gives her His Wrath.

Rev. 16:19 And the great city was divided (Jerusalem) into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell (Babylon): and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

The Harlot is all False Religion, thus she is truly world wide. She is Judged and Destroyed by the Kings who hated her. (The Same Kings Cry and Lament when Babylon is Destroyed in Rev. 18))

Babylon is World Governments which God/Jesus is going to Judge.

Thus the Harlot rides the Seven Headed Beast............for Centuries they were co-mingled. 

Rev. 17:7, And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou wonder? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and the ten horns.

"And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou wonder?" The last question in Revelation.

The beast carries her, so she must be something separate from the beast itself. One is political; the other religious

"which hath the seven heads and the ten horns."

The beast has 7 heads and 10 horns. He is not any one of the heads or horns. He symbolizes something (v. 11), and the heads and horns symbolize something else (v. 12-17). To have a true understanding of the beast one must think of him as being different from both the heads and horns.

Rev. 17:9-10,  Here is the mind that hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth: v. 10, and they are seven kings; the five are fallen, the one is, the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a little while.

The 7 heads are 7 mountains and the 7 mountains are 7 kings or kingdoms co-existent with Israel from her beginning to the 8th kingdom (v 9-11), making the 8 kingdoms that will have persecuted Israel in the times of the gentiles (Luke 21:24; Romans 11:25).

"five are fallen, the one is, the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a little while."

Here 5 of the 7 kingdoms "are fallen (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece), and one is (the 6th, the old Roman Empire), and the other is not yet come (the 7th, made up of the 10 kingdoms that are yet to be formed inside the Roman Empire, Dan. 7:23-24); and when he (the 7th, or the Revised Roman Empire) cometh, he must continue a short space (three and a half years, 12:12, 14). The beast "that was (had existed on earth before Johns day) and is not (on earth in John's day), even he is the 8th (8the kingdom, succeeding the 7 preceding kingdoms), and is of the 7 (of one of the 7, the 5th or Greece, that had fallen before John's day and becomes the 8th after the 6th and 7th kingdoms), and goeth into perdition" (v 9-11).

Rev. 17:  12, And the ten horns that thou sawest are ten kings, who have received no kingdom as yet; but they receive authority as kings, with the beast, for one hour.

No kingdom in John's day, but will receive kingdoms when the 10 are formed inside the Roman Empire territory in the last days. The kings will rule for three and one half years independent of the Antichrist and then will give their power to him the last three and one half years of this age (v. 10-17; 13:5).

The Beast out of the Earth (Rev. 13:11-17).
This individual, or second beast, is here mentioned for the first time and all that is given concerning him in the Bible is recorded in Revelation. He is called "the false prophet" in Rev. 16:13; 19:20; 20:10, which are the only other passages that mention him. He is to be a prophet, but a false one; a prophet of Antichrist, not Christ. In Rev. 16:13 he is seen with the beast and dragon as sending forth the demon spirits to gather nations to Armageddon. In Rev. 19:20 he is seen as being the mirical-working co-laborer and leader of the nations along with the first beast as he came against Christ at Armageddon. The doom of this second beast will be torment in the lake of fire forever along with the first beast, the dragon, and all rebellious creatures (Rev. 20:10).

The beast out of the earth [world] will tell Earth dwellers to make an image to the frist beast. The image will be made and set up in the temple of God to be worshiped (Matt. 24:15). He will have the power to give life to this image that is should both speak and cause all who will not worship it to be killed. This will be a wonderful sign in itself, that a material image should be given power to speak and act (Rev. 13:14, 15).

This second beast will cause all classes to recieve brands in their right hands or in their forheads, that no man might buy or sell except those who have them (Rev. 13:16-18). This will result in martyrdome of most of the "great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations" (Rev. 7:9-17; 13:7; 14:13; 15:2, 3; 20:4). In the worship of the first beast and his image, men will be so devoted as to say, "Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him?" This reveals the worship will be both political and religious (Rev. 13:14). It will not be a willing worship on the part of many, for force will be used to make them worship. The worship will be of such an apostate nature as to pronounce eternal doom to all who partake (Rev. 14:9-11). Many men will throw overboard all faith in God and Christ, and become servants of the devil, and be controlled by demon spirits to such an extent as to be past redemption.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

23 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi warrior12

This woman is the one who is providing the world with all the goodies through commerce and trade.  She has lured everyone in through the love of mammon which she provides.  She is Babylon, and the kings are serving her because she can give them the material things which they desire.  Therefore these kings are not serving their people, but themselves through this woman. 

The inhabitants of the earth are also serving this woman, they all want what she can provide.  She has been here since the beginning, as a lure to all men, making them drunk with lusting after her delicacies. Her delicacies are anything that you can buy or sell. 

Revelation 17:16 And the ten horns (kings), which thou sawest upon the beast, These shall hate the whore (the woman), and shall make her desolate and naked  and shall eat her flesh, and burn her  with fire.

The ten kings shall make her whole system of trade and commerce bankrupt, and burn her with fire (war), to make ready for the new system (NWO)

From what i have been through in the spiritual realm with real spiritual host of wickedness the above description is more what matches with who the harlot is and how she intoxicates the kings and inhabitants of the earth.   She is a spiritual entity that is issuing a spiritual token or seducing spirits that gives you unimaginable ecstasy that you are actually made drunk by these spiritual tokens.   I wrote much more but erased it as it would sound foolish and would not be believed or taken seriously.   

Edited by warrior12