• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Rev. 17:  12, And the ten horns that thou sawest are ten kings, who have received no kingdom as yet; but they receive authority as kings, with the beast, for one hour.

No kingdom in John's day, but will receive kingdoms when the 10 are formed inside the Roman Empire territory in the last days. The kings will rule for three and one half years independent of the Antichrist and then will give their power to him the last three and one half years of this age (v. 10-17; 13:5).

Hello Hazard,

An excellent post as well, but I did have a question regarding the section above that I left in quotes.  Rev 17:12 specifically states that the ten kings receive authority as kings for one hour.

In your follow up you seem to indicate a 7 year period.  Can you clarify the apparent discrepancy?

In total it appears to me that you are basically saying the same thing as Revelation Man, unless I am misunderstanding you.

God bless

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

From what i have been through in the spiritual realm with real spiritual host of wickedness the above description is more what matches with who the harlot is and how she intoxicates the kings and inhabitants of the earth.   She is a spiritual entity that is issuing a spiritual token or seducing spirits that gives you unimaginable ecstasy that you are actually made drunk by these spiritual tokens.   I wrote much more but erased it as it would sound foolish and would not be believed or taken seriously.   

Hi warrior 12

I hear you.  There is a spiritual element to Babylon also, all the false beliefs etc are of her, I agree, but please look at the city this harlot reigns over;

Revelation 18:10   Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Revelation 18:11   And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

The emphasis is on the "material world" so far,

Revelation 18:12   The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

Revelation 18:13   And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

The men have lost their souls through lusting after the "material".

Revelation 18:14   And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

The fruits they lusted after are the material things.

Revelation 18:15   The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

Revelation 18:16   And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

Revelation 18:17   For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

Matthew 6:24   No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

Sister gets the correct rendering of "Babylon"

This behavior began long ago and is definitely controlling the world today

Materialism alone with no regard for any other ambition is a short walk

Babylon the Great is just this condition and the way that the Lord looks at human depravity today

.... she will come to her ending as the scriptures tell

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

On 4/27/2017 at 8:22 PM, Revelation Man said:

I have a thread up in this very forum (Eschatology) called Babylon the Harlot and the Seven Headed Beast Explained...so I will not go into great detail, as it is below or on the second page, but in short the Harlot is ALL FALSE RELIGION and Babylon is ALL FALSE GOVERNMENT.

So what is your explanation of False Religion.  If we take it as other religions other than those of the Judaeo are false, then how  do you explain that within this following ,there is accusation between one and another calling each other false ?.   Also what exactly is False Government ?.  Are there  True government and how do you describe it. ?.

Edited by warrior12

On 4/27/2017 at 8:22 PM, Revelation Man said:

The Holy Spirit was seen as NEW WINE, so the Harlot making the Kings drunk with her Fornication means she is filling them with the spirit of false gods or demon spirits....She made them drunk with EVIL. 

Again my question in trying to understand the intoxication of the INHABITANTS of the whole earth.

Who are the Kings of the earth ?

Who are the inhabitants of the earth.   does it mean all men, every single person or  ????

9 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi warrior 12

I hear you.  There is a spiritual element to Babylon also, all the false beliefs etc are of her, I agree, but please look at the city this harlot reigns over;

Yes i do see that the harlot reigns over a city and it will never be inhabited again when it is destroyed.   The ten kings will turn against the harlot also.    But my main point is that she has the ability to affect the whole world and the spiritual fornication is spread or issued like a virus.  This is just a short note, i may say a bit more later.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

Sister gets the correct rendering of "Babylon"

I don't disagree with Sister's rendering either, but I don't agree with the definition of it.  While she is 100% correct in picking out the clues about merchants and trade and materialistic things, it is more accurately defined as governance.

Who establishes trade agreements?  Who determines economic policies?  The government.  Today we live under the umbrella of a "global economy".  Consider the stock market collapse of 2008, it was more than a geographical incident, it was a global one.  The whole world lamented then, and that was just a minor blip on the radar compared to what will happen in the end.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

True

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

21 hours ago, wingnut- said:

I agree 100%, outstanding post.  :thumbsup:

Revelation Man:  I would be interested in reading your other posts regarding eschatology, just curious on your overall view.  If you don't mind, you can respond here or pm them to me if it isn't too much trouble.

God bless

I P.M. you, let me know it it went through....I have Never P.M. anyone on this site, I don't think.

Edited by Revelation Man