• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/25/2017 at 10:15 PM, wingnut- said:

Mystery Babylon is not an actual being, nor do I believe it is a single nation based on the chapter in question.  More than likely it is a reference to the earth itself.

Hi wingnut. Earlier on in this post you mentioned the above.   I like your thoughts and thinking pattern, but want to get an insight of what you mean by the above.  Is rev 18:21-23  being symbolic then, when it say she will be destroyed and not inhabited again .  I want to grasp what you really mean in terms of who this harlot is.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Hi wingnut. Earlier on in this post you mentioned the above.   I like your thoughts and thinking pattern, but want to get an insight of what you mean by the above.  Is rev 18:21-23  being symbolic then, when it say she will be destroyed and not inhabited again .  I want to grasp what you really mean in terms of who this harlot is.  

I spent several hours answering your post and then got booted and lost everything I had to that point lol.  I will respond tomorrow after work and/or on Monday because I am off for the whole day.  It may have to be broken up into several posts because it is a long response.  Just wanted you to know I am working on it, a little frustrated to lose what I had covered so far lol.

God bless

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

18 hours ago, wingnut- said:

That's not really possible, just read this verse and that is obvious.

Revelation 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets and saints, and of all who were slain on the earth.”

No one city can claim to have the blood of all who were slain on the earth.

God bless

You raise a good point. I don't understand this verse. I can only guess it is referring only to the days of great tribulation where the Beast was killing all who refused to bow to his idol or take his mark. If this was the meaning, it would fit.

14 hours ago, wingnut- said:

I spent several hours answering your post and then got booted and lost everything I had to that point lol.  I will respond tomorrow after work and/or on Monday because I am off for the whole day.  It may have to be broken up into several posts because it is a long response.  Just wanted you to know I am working on it, a little frustrated to lose what I had covered so far lol.

God bless

I hate it when that happens!

18 hours ago, wingnut- said:

The mystery Babylon in chapter 17 is the same as the one in chapter 18.  It is mentioned in chapter 17 with a brief description, and details about the fall of it is found in chapter 18.  It takes place at the second woe, this is where the anti-christ and the false prophet are destroyed, along with their one world government and religion.  It is also where you see the gathering take place in chapter 18.

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues."

The ten kings serve the anti-christ in the battle with the rider on the white horse from Revelation 19.  They represent the ten horns spoken of in regards to her in chapter 17.

God bless

" It takes place at the second woe, this is where the anti-christ and the false prophet are destroyed,"

Sorry, but the second woe will take place at the 6th trumpet, which will be sounded just before the midpoint of the week (the 7th trumpet). It is the slaughter of 1/3 of earth's population.  It will come LONG before things in chapter 18, which is the destruction of "Mystery Babylon." Chapter 18 will come AFTER the 70th week has ended but before Jesus returns.

Edited by iamlamad

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

6 hours ago, iamlamad said:

" It takes place at the second woe, this is where the anti-christ and the false prophet are destroyed,"

Sorry, but the second woe will take place at the 6th trumpet, which will be sounded just before the midpoint of the week (the 7th trumpet). It is the slaughter of 1/3 of earth's population.  It will come LONG before things in chapter 18, which is the destruction of "Mystery Babylon." Chapter 18 will come AFTER the 70th week has ended but before Jesus returns.

I know you disagree because we have a different understanding on the timing of events, but when I respond to warrior I will demonstrate why this is with scripture.  It may make more sense to you then, or it may not.  One of the difficulties of explaining one's position to someone with a different position is that as we read it, it collides with our own thoughts on other levels and muddies the waters so to speak.  For the record though, I agree the second woe takes place as a result of the 6th trumpet.

God bless

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Wingnut wrote;

Hello Hazard,

An excellent post as well, but I did have a question regarding the section above that I left in quotes.  Rev 17:12 specifically states that the ten kings receive authority as kings for one hour.

For one hour means "A short time."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:27 PM, warrior12 said:

Revelation 17 gives a description of Mystery Babylon the great with her goldern cup and who the kings of the earth committed fornication and the inhabitants of the earth got drunk of the wine of her fornication. 

When did she appear in history and is she doing the above today.   Well, i think it is obvious she is in the world today as she would be destroyed in the end time scenario.  But how are the kings committing fornication and how are the inhabitants getting drunk with the wine of her fornication.   Is is spiritual seduction, lust for worldly goods and treasures or others.   what are your thoughts and some examples. 

Hi Warrior12,

Good topic as I believe it applies to us today. Here are my thoughts -

I believe the mystery, of Babylon the great, the mother of prostitutes and the abominations of the earth, is the apostate Church, (Catholic and Protestant) which gathers all other religions under their umbrella - Babylon the great, being the apostate Church, (mother) and `all religions` being the other prostitutes. The picture of prostitutes in God`s word is often applied to the people of God turning away from God and to other religions. This activity is clearly seen in the world today.

THE WORLD COUNCIL OF RELIGIOUS LEADERS.

So to bring together all the various religions of the world there needs to be a coordinated Leadership. Thus there has been established the `World Council of Religious Leaders,` in cooperation with the United Nations, to head up the Religions of the World. This is, I believe, the apostate Church, (Catholic and Protestant) and all the other religions - Religious Babylon, Mother of prostitutes.

THE PARTNERING TOGETHER.

Now as to the leaders, the kings `committing fornication` with the apostate church and all religions of the earth, we can also see that today. The `Kings of the earth,` are the leaders of the different countries of the world. We see them at the United Nations, gathering under the guise of `we can work together...`  So how are they `committing fornication` with the `apostate church and all religions?`

This World Council of Religious and Spiritual Leaders works in an advisory capacity with the United Nations and also with other international organisations and have put together a Charter that signifies their commitment to the common goals and shared values of peace, development, human rights and tolerance.

Radiating from this top Leadership Council position there are regional Leaders and then National Leaders, till finally every church is included. Policies are written with the United Nation`s moral values, and then implemented on the local level.

The Charter of the World Council of Religious Leaders states –

`We believe we have the will and courage to lead our followers to accept differences, to maintain self-respect, and to live in harmony with diverse communities in the world and with humankind in general.`

Some examples of their policies that every church and religion is implementing -

Safe Churches.

This seems to provide a safe environment for children and people at the Church organisation, however it puts the rights of the child ahead of the parents upbringing of the child. It opens up the child to sexual preferences and different religions. This is from the UN`s rights of the child -

Article 13  The child shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of the child's choice.

Freedom Network.

This is a joint declaration by most religions to end slavery. However within its mandate there is the subtle agreement to giving assent to different types of sexual preferences.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

THE INTOXICATING WINE.

Come I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who sits on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”(Rev. 17: 1 & 2)

What is it then that the leaders of the world receive from the apostate church and other religions, that make them `drunk, ` wanting to drink and drink of it.

Religious leaders have great authority over their people, over their spiritual beliefs, which in turn wields the greatest power to control others -their hearts and minds. This is what leaders of the world desire above all - the greatest authority and power to use as they will.

So what belief is it that will mobilise all religions to work together and with governments of the world.

`Together, we can transform the world.`

Religions have caused the suffering of all mankind, and now we can work together to change that.

That is the lie, the `guilt` that is being placed on every person, especially Christians, to believe that we are to blame and that we can make a difference and change, transform the world. Every sphere of society is being engaged in this great quest for transformation, bringing `Peace and Safety` to all.

People are wanting their organisation to be seen to be working toward this great goal. People are wanting their consciences cleaned, for the suffering of the world is shown daily on our screens and often people can feel helpless. Why isn`t someone doing something? So when religious leaders step up and sign these grand declarations, people believe that at last something will happen to transform our world.

What is actually happening, is that step by step people are being deceived by the great lie that man can `fix` the world, whereas God is going to judge it. Guilt, is a great motivator, and it feeds on people`s ignorance of God`s plan. Thus the leaders of the world are delighted, intoxicated with the power they are getting over the masses by seemingly to work together.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Good topic as I believe it applies to us today. Here are my thoughts -

I believe the mystery, of Babylon the great, the mother of prostitutes and the abominations of the earth, is the apostate Church, (Catholic and Protestant) which gathers all other religions under their umbrella - Babylon the great, being the apostate Church, (mother) and `all religions` being the other prostitutes. The picture of prostitutes in God`s word is often applied to the people of God turning away from God and to other religions. This activity is clearly seen in the world today.

But why do we try and limit it to apostate Churches? Wignut speaks about it can not be Jerusalem (Hes Right) because she does not have all the blood of the Saints and the Martyrs.....Likewise no Church can have all the Blood of the Saints and Martyrs. It has to be an entity that stretches across all time. The Seven Headed Beast she has been co-mingled with stretches back to Egypt and Assyria we are pretty sure, but WE KNOW it stretches back to Babylon for sure. So she has to date back to at least Babylon. It even tells us that in Rev. 17, over and over again. So how can she ONLY be an Apostate Church?  She has to be All False Religion. The Horoscope we see in the newspapers today came from Babylonian Astrology. They had 100's of Religions and demi-gods.

The Anti-Christ is going to be an Atheist, he is not going to use any Religion to align himself with. He is going to DESTROY ALL RELIGIONS, that is the Harlot being destroyed/burned. He will then say HE IS GOD.

Edited by Revelation Man