• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

Revelation 17:18

The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

Revelation 11:8

Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified.

I believe John was being truthful and was correct in his statements above. Does anyone here agree or disagree? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

35 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

So what you're saying is: "There is a "the great city" that reigns over the kings of the earth, and there is a "the great city" figuratively called Sodom and Egypt." and "John never said they were the same city, he just used the term "the great city" to describe both."

Precisely.  And each in their context can be considered "the great city", just like Nineveh in it's day was called "the great city" by Jonah.  I understand that Nineveh is no longer considered a great city, but it was.  My point is that the term "the great city" must be understood in the context of how it's used.

45 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Now the term great city John used is singular, not plural. So your  argument doesn't make grammatical sense, unless you are saying John made a grammatical error? Is that what you are say? Mmmm some how I think you're going to say no and give another non-nonsensical answer.  

No one is debating singular or plural.  I'm not sure where you came up with that.

If I make a reference to the capital city of the sunshine state, and later made a reference to the capital city of the lone star state, am I referring to the same capital city?  I used the same words "the capital city" to describe both.  Of course I'm not.  But that's what you're trying to do by focusing in on three words, "the great city", without regard for the context in which they're used and  trying to make them out to be the same when they're not.

Jerusalem is not mystery Babylon.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3

7 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Precisely.  And each in their context can be considered "the great city", just like Nineveh in it's day was called "the great city" by Jonah.  I understand that Nineveh is no longer considered a great city, but it was.  My point is that the term "the great city" must be understood in the context of how it's used.

No one is debating singular or plural.  I'm not sure where you came up with that.

If I make a reference to the capital city of the sunshine state, and later made a reference to the capital city of the lone star state, am I referring to the same capital city?  I used the same words "the capital city" to describe both.  Of course I'm not.  But that's what you're trying to do by focusing in on three words, "the great city", without regard for the context in which they're used and  trying to make them out to be the same when they're not.

Jerusalem is not mystery Babylon.

So by your understanding of English, if I said to you:

"Are you going to the great city or are you going to the great city?"

You would think I was making a grammatically correct sentence that made absolute sense? 

Mmmm..

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

So by you understanding of English, if I said to you:

"Are you going to the great city or are you going to the great city?"

You would think I was making a grammatically correct sentence that made absolute sense? 

Mmmm..

John did not leave it at just "the great city" which proves my point.  He put it in context for clarification.  I'm not sure what it is about context that is throwing you but I think you should start there.

22 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

John did not leave it at just "the great city" which proves my point.  He put it in context for clarification.  I'm not sure what it is about context that is throwing you but I think you should start there.

Okay, I think we would agree Revelation 11:8 is Jerusalem:

Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified.

But Revelation 17:18

- is not specified. At the time John wrote this it could be argued he meant Rome as it did rule over the kings of the earth from a worldly point of view but from a spiritual point of view it could be Jerusalem as John was seeing into the future in his vision. Today Rome does not rule over the kings of the earth but Jerusalem does because kings or even governments don't control things, but money does. kings and governments rely on money. Jesus taught often about the dangers of money. Israel and it's capital Jerusalem is controlled by the richest banking dynasty on earth. They control half of all the worlds wealth. Israel is fast becoming the most powerful nation on earth just as the bible prophesies. Jerusalem is Babylon the woman, who is riding the beast, which is Satan's 'Empire'. Satan rules this earth still but will be defeated when Jesus returns.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Israel and it's capital Jerusalem is controlled by the richest banking dynasty on earth. They control half of all the worlds wealth. Israel is fast becoming the most powerful nation on earth just as the bible prophesies.

Not disputing your statement, but would like to see some reliable and confirmed truth to the statement above.  I have heard these statements before and we do know that the many, Jews mainly in North America are wealthy and owns corporations ect.  But still, archived and current records need to be revealed to substantiate your statement. 

4 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Okay, I think we would agree Revelation 11:8 is Jerusalem:

But Revelation 17:18

- is not specified. At the time John wrote this it could be argued he meant Rome as it did rule over the kings of the earth from a worldly point of view but from a spiritual point of view it could be Jerusalem as John was seeing into the future in his vision. Today Rome does not rule over the kings of the earth but Jerusalem does because kings or even governments don't control things, but money does. kings and governments rely on money. Jesus taught often about the dangers of money. Israel and it's capital Jerusalem is controlled by the richest banking dynasty on earth. They control half of all the worlds money. Israel is fast becoming the most powerful nation on earth just as the bible prophesies. Jerusalem is Babylon, the woman, who is riding the beast, which is Satan's 'Empire'. Satan rules this earth still but will be defeated when Jesus returns.

I agree with Revelation 11:8 being a reference to Jerusalem.

I also agree that the "money people" influence world affairs.  I don't agree that the money people's "base of operation" is in Jerusalem though.  When the ten horns rise to power they loathe and completely destroy mystery Babylon the city.  This happens before the rise of the man of sin.  If Jerusalem is obliterated by the ten horns, where is he going to declare himself to be God?  A pile of rubble?  Where are the two witnesses bodies going to lay if Jerusalem is gone?  Not to mention that Jerusalem is not a port city.  There are just too many problems trying to equate Jerusalem with being mystery Babylon.

That's all I really have to say on the subject.

20 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Not disputing your statement, but would like to see some reliable and confirmed truth to the statement above.  I have heard these statements before and we do know that the many, Jews mainly in North America are wealthy and owns corporations ect.  But still, archived and current records need to be revealed to substantiate your statement. 

After two and a half centuries of accumulated wealth and assets the Rothschild banking dynasty real wealth is not fully known. As of 1850, author Frederic Morton b.1924 estimated the Rothschild fortune was in excess of $10 billion, today, the combined wealth of the banking dynasty is estimated anywhere from $100 to $500 trillion. The Rothschild international banking dynasty was established by Mayer Amschel Rothschild b.1744 d.1812 who was famously quoted as saying, “Let me issue, and control a nation’s money, and I care not who writes the laws.” They have since spread all over the world with a bank now located in every country except North Korea. 

One of the most notable moments of this family’s achievements in creating the modern Israeli state was achieved by Lionel Walter Rothschild b.1868 d.1937, when he managed to get the British foreign secretary Arthur James Balfour b.1848 d.1930, to agree that the British government would endorse the establishment of a national home for the Jewish people in 1917. While Edmond Benjamin James De Rothschild b.1845 d.1934, was one of the original financiers of the Zionist movement that started in the late 1890s, an organisation whose goal was, and is, to re-establish a Jewish homeland in Israel.

More recently the Knesset built in 1966 and was financed by James A. De Rothschild b.1878 d.1957, as a gift to the state of Israel in his will and the Supreme Court built in 1993 was financed by Dorothy De Rothschild b.1895 d.1988 also as a gift to the state of Israel in her will.

Where do all the interest payments of loans, personal or otherwise, end up? They are at the top of the money tree. Since 1985, the US has provided nearly a billion in grants annually to Israel, with Israel being the largest annual recipient of American aid from 1976 to 2004, and the largest cumulative recipient of aid since World War II, with an estimated amount of aid of over a hundred, and twenty billion dollars. In addition to financial, and military aid, the US also provides political support to Israel, having used its UN security council veto power forty two times with respect to resolutions relating to Israel, out of a total of eighty three times in which its veto has ever been used. 

However, none of this is surprising considering that Jews in America control vast amounts of wealth, and today estimates range all the way up to seventy percent. Whatever the figure, it is out of proportion to their three percent of the population, and they also comprise around eleven percent of the nation’s elite. Jews constitute more than twenty-five percent of top journalists, and publishers, more than seventeen percent of the leaders of important voluntary, and public interest organisations, and more than fifteen percent of the top ranking civil servants. Seven of the first ten contributors to the 2000 US national elections were Jewish. Virtually all the senior executives at the major film studios are Jews. Writers, producers, and to a lesser degree directors, are disproportionately Jewish, one recent study showed the figure as high as fifty-nine percent among top-grossing films were Jewish productions, and virtually every newspaper or magazine in the US are owned by Jews. In fact, an estimated ninety-six percent of the American media is Jewish owned, wielding immense power and influence. The Jewish lobby, is a decisive factor  in US support for Israel.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

After two and a half centuries of accumulated wealth and assets the Rothschild banking dynasty real wealth is not fully known.

But where are any documents or proven facts about this wealth .   Have been hearing all this, but where are the documents in any library or bonafide institutions that can verify these statements ?.   Again, not saying they are untrue, as the saying goes "show me the money".

36 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I agree with Revelation 11:8 being a reference to Jerusalem.

I also agree that the "money people" influence world affairs.  I don't agree that the money people's "base of operation" is in Jerusalem though.  When the ten horns rise to power they loathe and completely destroy mystery Babylon the city.  This happens before the rise of the man of sin.  If Jerusalem is obliterated by the ten horns, where is he going to declare himself to be God?  A pile of rubble?  Where are the two witnesses bodies going to lay if Jerusalem is gone?  Not to mention that Jerusalem is not a port city.  There are just too many problems trying to equate Jerusalem with being mystery Babylon.

That's all I really have to say on the subject.

Revelation 17:16

The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire.

The 'Money people' aren't based in Jerusalem, they are global but they are creating the modern state of Israel with Jerusalem as its capital. The beast is Satan and his demonic forces that will literally appear on earth in a grand deception. They and the kings of the Earth will gathered together to fight against Israel and Jerusalem will be surrounded. The Two Witness will be killed when Jerusalem is conquered.  The Anti-Christ will appear before all this happens as he is the little horn who rules over the ten kings and goes into the temple at the start of the 7 year tribulation. Rome is not a port city today either but 'the smoke from Jerusalem's ruin' will be seen from the sea.    

• Thumbs Up 1