• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

15 minutes ago, unworthydude said:

I agree that satan will be king of Babylon.

Satan has been the king of Babylon ever since the creation of man.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Satan has been the king of Babylon ever since the creation of man.

I don't think that does justice to the scriptural evidence. Close but no cigar. I offered to engage you on this subject but you didn't seem interested before?

24 minutes ago, unworthydude said:

I don't think that does justice to the scriptural evidence. Close but no cigar. I offered to engage you on this subject but you didn't seem interested before?

Maybe you did.  I don't recall.

What's your take on this passage?  Who is this addressed to and what does it mean:

“Behold, I am against you, O destroying mountain,
Who destroys the whole earth,” declares the Lord,
“And I will stretch out My hand against you,
And roll you down from the crags,
And I will make you a burnt out mountain."  Jeremiah 51:25

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,677
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  1

http://biblehub.com/daniel/11-39.htm

In the not to distant future,the king of the north will give the little horn a military and cause them,to rule over many (from Jerusalem)where his capital is.

This is when the daily sacrifice to moloch ends.Give it some time,they're working on it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.haaretz.com/amp/israel-news/.premium-1.822901#ampshare=https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.822901

Edited by Shilohsfoal

9 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Maybe you did.  I don't recall.

What's your take on this passage?  Who is this addressed to and what does it mean:

“Behold, I am against you, O destroying mountain,
Who destroys the whole earth,” declares the Lord,
“And I will stretch out My hand against you,
And roll you down from the crags,
And I will make you a burnt out mountain."  Jeremiah 51:25

We'll have to create a different thread to discuss my satan, antichrist and abyss theory. Just let me know if you'd like me to share my view on that. You might be fascinated as it ties into what you have shared too.

As far as the verse in Jeremiah 51 that you mentioned, I think the destroying mountain verse must be thoroughly read contextually to understand it. Babylon/Jerusalem is aptly called the destroying mountain or a kingdom that has corrupted and brought judgment on all the earth. This destruction is because of their immorality (Jer 26:6, Rev 19:2, 17:2, 8, 18:3, 24, Mic 2:10). As far as Jerusalem being called a mountain there are passages clearly supporting it being called "mountain" and being corrupt; (Oba 1:15-17, Zep 3:11, Joel 2:1, 3:17). As far as being a burned out mountain, Jerusalem is repeatedly described as being burned by fire at its final judgment (Isa 1:7, Ezek 5:2, 21:31-32, Amos 2:5, Oba 1:18, Rev 17:16).

There are two groups of people represented in Jerusalem; (Zach 14:2, Gal 4:27, Isa 10:20-21). One is Babylon the Israel of the old covenant and the other is "My people", the remnant of Israel who are the children of promise of the new covenant. Jer 51 is complex because figurative language is involved in describing one of these two groups and needs to be distinguished.

Babylon/Jerusalem, the evil heritage, does choose satan as their king at first. I agree with you in part but we'll have to continue that elsewhere as it gets heavily off the topic of Mystery Babylon.

- Isaiah 10:20-22  In that day the remnant of Israel and the survivors of the house of Jacob will no more lean on him who struck them, but will lean on the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.  (21)  A remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the mighty God.  (22)  For though your people Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will return. Destruction is decreed, overflowing with righteousness.

..The antichrist will be their king for a short period after he seemingly makes a covenant, conquers and then he disperses them into exile.

Btw, have you read Michael Heiser's book called, "The Unseen Realm"?

Edited by unworthydude

9 hours ago, unworthydude said:

We'll have to create a different thread to discuss my satan, antichrist and abyss theory. Just let me know if you'd like me to share my view on that. You might be fascinated as it ties into what you have shared too.

Btw, have you read Michael Heiser's book called, "The Unseen Realm"?

I'd be interested in such a thread if you want to start one.

No, I haven't read his book.  I do think that the spiritual realm is very significant in understanding eschatology though. 

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

I'd be interested in such a thread if you want to start one.

No, I haven't read his book.  I do think that the spiritual realm is very significant in understanding eschatology though. 

Btw, I really didn't say this earlier but I do agree and think that Jer 51 passage you mentioned is saying that Satan's kingdom is behind Jerusalem in that passage. All that I said harmonizes with that point. Satan's kingdom is not just a spiritual or invisible kingdom/mountain but that Jerusalem became a visual manifestation of satan's kingdom, among others, but especially Jerusalem as it was God's chosen mountain but became a satanic mountain but will be resurrected at Christ's return and become a great mountain (Dan 2:35). They became the pinnacle of evil among the nations (Ezek 5:5-9, 16:48, Isa 1:4-9). Jerusalem gets turned over to Satan much like in 1 Cor 5:5. It's delivered to destruction for the sake of the spiritual remnant.

Ok, I'll put that new thread together later today. I'll be looking forward to sharing.

Based on what you have shared, you will love that book by Heiser! I won't ruin it for you but he has truly put some excellent work into exposing the biblical theological and historical background of the fallen angels in a way that will give support and strengthen what you are possibly seeing. No, I'm not a shill but just a brother who thinks you're seeing something with Satan and the nations as I did and might be interested.

I sort of pick up where Heiser left off. What I mean is that he doesn't really get too much into the eschatological ramifications of his findings so I sort of have explored further and have discovered some things by God's grace. I'm not sure what you'll think or agree but I appreciate your interest.

Edited by unworthydude

26 minutes ago, unworthydude said:

Btw, I really didn't say this earlier but I do agree and think that Jer 51 passage you mentioned is saying that Satan's kingdom is behind Jerusalem in that passage. All that I said harmonizes with that point. Satan's kingdom is not just a spiritual or invisible kingdom/mountain but that Jerusalem became a visual manifestation of satan's kingdom, among others, but especially Jerusalem as it was God's chosen mountain but became a satanic mountain but will be resurrected at Christ's return and become a great mountain (Dan 2:35). They became the pinnacle of evil among the nations (Ezek 5:5-9, 16:48, Isa 1:4-9). Jerusalem gets turned over to Satan much like in 1 Cor 5:5. It's delivered to destruction for the sake of the spirit. We can explore that in the other thread too.

Ok, I'll put that new thread together later today. I'll be looking forward to sharing.

Based on what you have shared, you will love that book by Heiser! I won't ruin it for you but he has truly put some excellent work into exposing the biblical theological and historical background of the fallen angels in a way that will give support and strengthen what you are possibly seeing. No, I'm not a shill but just a brother who thinks you're seeing something with Satan and the nations as I did and might be interested.

I sort of pick up where Heiser left off. What I mean is that he doesn't really get too much into the eschatological ramifications of his findings so I sort of have explored further and have discovered some things by God's grace. I'm not sure what you'll think or agree but I appreciate your interest.

Sounds good.  I look forward to what the book has to offer and to what insights we can glean from the thread.