IGNORED

Is it bad that I don't like Contemporary Christian Music?

holden92

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

I will search for this on youtube, I never heard of  Inna Gotta Divita..

when we were in college, a local band had learned the song and was playing it at a dance and three of the performers had kids that were about ten years old.    They asked us if we minded if the kids played the song for us and we all agreed.....   the drums and both guitars were played by ten year old kids and was as well played as do Iron Butterfly....   the music is enormously complex to play, and not many people have the stamina to do the drums for the whole song.
and btw I never ever touched drugs other than alcohol, and not even that much.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings holden

Welcome to Worthy holden......glad you are here & that you know Jesus,the "seekers Lounge" is actually the place for un-believers,"seekers" & guests to ask us questions about our Faith .....with that said,"No" it is not a "bad" thing.....it's "your" thing,lol    You simply have your own taste in music,I don't care for much of it myself,I can listen to CCM song after song after song never hearing the NAME above every name even once,it's usually disappointing for me....and that's okay,Jesus puts a song of Joy in the heart of every Believer ....                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

And "other one" I remember Inna Gotta Davita very well,lol

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, holden92 said:

I study music and artists as a hobby. I love some awful music that people would never listen too, along with music that I as a Christian probably shouldn't be listening too.  

Unfortunately, I just cannot for the life of me get into Contemporary Christian music. It's not the message, it's just the way most of the songs/singers sound. When it comes to Christ-centered music, I stick with hymns, or hymn-related songs. Contemporary Christian, especially Christian Rock, just sounds off to me.

Is this a bad thing?

I hope not. Because if it is wrong to dislike that music -- I am in a world of trouble as well.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise. Pslams 33:3

The Lord has shown me from this passage that most people are not looking their own voice, just copying others, I think we can all see this. Secondly, I would say, realize not all of the music is from God and the music that is is POWERFUL because it is anointed. From studying I can say much of the contemporary Christian music is not Biblically sound. It rhymes, it's catchy, it stirs emotions, but it's not scriptural. It's often sensual at best, treating God like their own personal genie in a bottle at worst. Even if it is Bibcally sound, it doesn't mean it was written by the Holy Spirit and by discerning the Lord's voice and will; that takes a deep relationship and communion with God. And remember, if someone is deceived they could have the kingdom of darkness working for them; Satan can do a lot, the majority of the world in under his control. The Lord also gave me the revelation that false favor is one of the biggest deceptions people are flocking after in the church today.

I would encourage you into deeper relationship and discernment of the Lord's voice for your day to day words and actions; in this deepened relationship He will also bring you to those who He has hidden in Him (this is scriptural). But the only way to these people is through Jesus, for they are truly hidden in Him. It will open up your worship life. But it starts in relationship and your own personal worship. God loves you, dearly! If you would like to talk further about any of this, please don't be shy. I can help you hear the Lord's voice more confidently if you need this as well. I feel your pain in this area of music brother, I pretty much entirely avoid the radio (for music at least, the Lord often leads me to sermons on the Christian channels), and I am here for you in general for anything you need as well! God bless you, richly, in Jesus' mighty name! -Daniel

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Daniel......I can completely relate to that,I listen to many many sermons on Christian radio when driving,I just cannot stand to hear most of the music for quite some time now,I'v'e actually avoided it because I desire "quiet",it can be difficult to hear the STill Small Voice of our Lord with all the noise & business in this world.....I do go through those periods of silence around me & I just love it,funny thing is that I do sing,I lead the Praise & Worship Team for many years......"there is a time & a season"

THanks for sharing.............                                        All Glory to God Most High,Praising Jesus!!!!                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Daniel......I can completely relate to that,I listen to many many sermons on Christian radio when driving,I just cannot stand to hear most of the music for quite some time now,I'v'e actually avoided it because I desire "quiet",it can be difficult to hear the STill Small Voice of our Lord with all the noise & business in this world.....I do go through those periods of silence around me & I just love it,funny thing is that I do sing,I lead the Praise & Worship Team for many years......"there is a time & a season"

THanks for sharing.............                                        All Glory to God Most High,Praising Jesus!!!!                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

Hi kwik,

I so agree. I also believe that songs (& hymns) that are born out of times of trials (it is well with my soul) or deep thankfulness to God or appreciation of Him, His wonders (How great thou art) & His `amazing grace`, are the ones that touch our spirits. It is easy to write a catchy phrase & repeat it etc but one born out of our inner being is born of the Spirit, I believe & thus ministers to our spirit.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi and welcome Holden92

It may be because I am older, but my husband and I adore the hymns written of old, by people who seemed to have a gift.  I find that, when we sing a hymn, my deepest longing for the Lord stirs within me.  Often we drive for long distances at a time as we live 2+ hours from our nearest city - I rarely put music on as I like to concentrate on my Lord, and I never listen to the radio.

However, I do have some secular music - people with beautiful voices, etc.  I also enjoy music from the 60s and 70s like "Bridge over troubled waters" by S & G.  And, I am an Elvis fan from way back!  Who could not love that velvety voice.  I often feel like quoting one of the lines from this song (quoted above) but always go to scripture instead, as, at the end of the day, God's words win over the words of men every time for me.

God bless you brother.  May you find many happy times and spend some great time here on Worthy.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I should maybe remind us, that this area of the forum, is for:

"The purpose of the Seeker's Forum is strictly for the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. " - from the first line of the first thread in it

however, while I am here, that song was "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida", not Inna Gotta Divita, if you are trying to look it up!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

5 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Yes, I agree with this! Too much noise makes the voice of the Lord difficult to discern with confidence. I have found He has brought me lovely worship and praise music as I follow in His plan moment by moment, day by day. I used to use music to distract myself from life, but now I am completely content in Jesus; Yeshua Hamashiach! Now the Lord uses music to amply my worship life; so I can sing out my heart to Him in praise (although I do this without music as well)! It's quite wonderful! I have a feeling you feel the same way. : )

God bless you, in Jesus' mighty name!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Apologies Omegaman.