zorgblar

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

In luke 23:39-43 jesus said today him and the robber would be in paradise.And if you read eccl 12:7 it says when a person dies the spirit leaves the body and goes right back to God.Also in 2 cor 12:2-4 it sounds like someone paul knew went out of body and visited paradise.Finnaly in the book of revelation it mentions paradise.22:1-2 I am not sure if jesus and the robber did go to paradise that day.What do you think?I need more feedback on this.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Without becoming too theological, "paradise" is typically considered to be a place of rest where those who died went until judgment day. Before Christ, anyone who died went to Sheol (or paradise) which is a holding place where souls wait until the Great White Throne judgment. So when Jesus told the thief he would be with him today in paradise, it was a true statement. Jesus, after dying, went down to paradise to "witness" to all those who had died prior to His arrival on earth. Eph. 4:8 says He led captivity captive. Generally this is taken to mean that all of those in "paradise" who accepted Him as the Christ and Savior of the world, got to go with Him when He ultimately ascended to Heaven.

While we do not know who all "accepted" Him, we are pretty certain that Moses, Abraham, David and Daniel went with Him. My personal belief is that even Saul was given another chance to be obedient to God. And, at this point, only God knows who is still in "paradise" awaiting judgment. I am not sure what kind of a place it is because it is not strictly "in the presence of God" as Heaven is described in Revelation. But it is not the "lake of fire" either. One can see where the Catholic church gets its doctrine of Puratory. The only problem is, there is no scripture after the account of Christ's descent in Ephesians that anyone can be gotten out of 'paradise' before Judgment Day. So Catholics and Mormoms (who believe in baptism for the dead) are kind of "scriptureless" to justify their doctrines.

But it strikes me as tremendously fair of God to send Jesus "down" into paradise to provide the opportunity for ALL those who died prior to His work on the cross an opportunity to believe. Of course theirs is the greater sin because it was Jesus Himself they denied. I am anxious to get to Heave because I want to know who all made it from the Old Testament and who didn't. I am sure I am going to be surprised.

Please be reminded that "hell" or the "lake of fire" or eternal separation from God was not designed for humans: it was designed for Satan and his demons. So when "paradise " is emptied for the last time at the Great White Throne Judgment, those who did not accept Jesus will finally come to believe in Jesus (because the Bible says every knee will bow and every tongue confess...). But by then it will become too late and THEN they will suffer the second death or separation from God forever. I cannot imagine that torment, nor do I really want to even consider it.

Hopefully that helps.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "Where was Jesus for the three days between His death and resurrection?"

Answer:
First Peter 3:18–19 says, “Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison” (ESV). The word spirit refers to Christ’s spirit. The contrast is between His flesh and spirit, and not between Christ’s flesh and the Holy Spirit. Christ’s flesh died, but His spirit remained alive.

First Peter 3:18–22 describes a necessary link between Christ’s suffering (verse 18) and His glorification (verse 22). Only Peter gives specific information about what happened between these two events. The KJV says that Jesus “preached” to the spirits in prison (verse 19). However, the Greek word used is not the usual New Testament word for preaching the gospel. It simply means “to herald a message”; the NIV translates it as “made proclamation.” Jesus suffered and died on the cross, His body being put to death. But His spirit was made alive, and He yielded it to the Father (Luke 23:46). According to Peter, sometime between Jesus’ death and His resurrection Jesus made a special proclamation to “the spirits in prison.”

In the New Testament, the word spirits is used to describe angels or demons, not human beings. In 1 Peter 3:20, Peter refers to people as “souls” (KJV). Also, nowhere in the Bible are we told that Jesus visited hell. Acts 2:31 says that He went to Hades (New American Standard Bible), but Hades is not hell. Hades is a term that refers, broadly, to the realm of the dead, a temporary place where the dead await resurrection. Revelation 20:11–15 in the NASB and the NIV makes a clear distinction between the Hades and the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the permanent, final place of judgment for the lost. Hades is a temporary place for both the lost and the Old Testament saints.

Our Lord yielded His spirit to the Father, died physically, and entered paradise (Luke 23:43). At some time between His death and resurrection, Jesus also visited a place where He delivered a message to spirit beings (probably fallen angels; see Jude 1:6); these beings were somehow related to the period before the flood in Noah’s time (1 Peter 3:20). Peter does not tell us what Jesus proclaimed to the imprisoned spirits, but it could not be a message of redemption since angels cannot be saved (Hebrews 2:16). It was probably a declaration of victory over Satan and his hosts (1 Peter 3:22; Colossians 2:15). Ephesians 4:8–10 also seems to give a clue regarding Jesus’ activities in the time between His death and resurrection. Quoting Psalm 68:18, Paul says about Christ, “when he ascended on high, he took many captives” (Ephesians 4:8). The ESV puts it that Christ “led a host of captives.” The reference seems to be that, in paradise, Jesus gathered all the redeemed who were there and took them to their permanent dwelling in heaven.

All this to say, the Bible isn’t entirely clear what exactly Christ did for the three days between His death and resurrection. From what we can tell, though, He comforted the departed saints and brought them to their eternal home, and He proclaimed His victory over the fallen angels who are kept in prison. What we can know for sure is that Jesus was not giving anyone a second chance for salvation; we face judgment after death (Hebrews 9:27), not a second chance. Also, He was not suffering in hell; His work of redemption was finished on the cross (John 19:30).

https://www.gotquestions.org/where-was-Jesus.html

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Question: "Where was Jesus for the three days between His death and resurrection?"

Answer:
First Peter 3:18–19 says, “Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison” (ESV). The word spirit refers to Christ’s spirit. The contrast is between His flesh and spirit, and not between Christ’s flesh and the Holy Spirit. Christ’s flesh died, but His spirit remained alive.

First Peter 3:18–22 describes a necessary link between Christ’s suffering (verse 18) and His glorification (verse 22). Only Peter gives specific information about what happened between these two events. The KJV says that Jesus “preached” to the spirits in prison (verse 19). However, the Greek word used is not the usual New Testament word for preaching the gospel. It simply means “to herald a message”; the NIV translates it as “made proclamation.” Jesus suffered and died on the cross, His body being put to death. But His spirit was made alive, and He yielded it to the Father (Luke 23:46). According to Peter, sometime between Jesus’ death and His resurrection Jesus made a special proclamation to “the spirits in prison.”

In the New Testament, the word spirits is used to describe angels or demons, not human beings. In 1 Peter 3:20, Peter refers to people as “souls” (KJV). Also, nowhere in the Bible are we told that Jesus visited hell. Acts 2:31 says that He went to Hades (New American Standard Bible), but Hades is not hell. Hades is a term that refers, broadly, to the realm of the dead, a temporary place where the dead await resurrection. Revelation 20:11–15 in the NASB and the NIV makes a clear distinction between the Hades and the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the permanent, final place of judgment for the lost. Hades is a temporary place for both the lost and the Old Testament saints.

Our Lord yielded His spirit to the Father, died physically, and entered paradise (Luke 23:43). At some time between His death and resurrection, Jesus also visited a place where He delivered a message to spirit beings (probably fallen angels; see Jude 1:6); these beings were somehow related to the period before the flood in Noah’s time (1 Peter 3:20). Peter does not tell us what Jesus proclaimed to the imprisoned spirits, but it could not be a message of redemption since angels cannot be saved (Hebrews 2:16). It was probably a declaration of victory over Satan and his hosts (1 Peter 3:22; Colossians 2:15). Ephesians 4:8–10 also seems to give a clue regarding Jesus’ activities in the time between His death and resurrection. Quoting Psalm 68:18, Paul says about Christ, “when he ascended on high, he took many captives” (Ephesians 4:8). The ESV puts it that Christ “led a host of captives.” The reference seems to be that, in paradise, Jesus gathered all the redeemed who were there and took them to their permanent dwelling in heaven.

All this to say, the Bible isn’t entirely clear what exactly Christ did for the three days between His death and resurrection. From what we can tell, though, He comforted the departed saints and brought them to their eternal home, and He proclaimed His victory over the fallen angels who are kept in prison. What we can know for sure is that Jesus was not giving anyone a second chance for salvation; we face judgment after death (Hebrews 9:27), not a second chance. Also, He was not suffering in hell; His work of redemption was finished on the cross (John 19:30).

https://www.gotquestions.org/where-was-Jesus.html

Very informative post, excellent for study. 

We have to aknowledge all the possitive points, and how it deal with Scriptures and exposed the diplomacy of Solomon. 

His father David was a very humble man, and did not had to be all the time, but in some things pertaining to the insight of what happens to the Lord's God's people after they die, and if the Lord will allow an exception for him, not to go to Sheol, he accepted the Lord's decision in this matter, and he had the revelation that this is only for a period of time, till his Lord God, as the Messiah, Savior, as the CHRIST, will himself descent down there in Sheol's, or Hades in the Greek, and take him out of this place, and not only him, as we know, Abraham also had this knowledge and die with this hope. 

Jesus Christ gave wittnes for both of them that they knew about this day, the day of the Lord God who as the Messiah, the CHRIST will descend him self in Sheol's prisons to set the captives free. 

They knew that themselves the children of the Lord God, were not prisoners within the meaning as the other nations were, but never the less they were prisoners of their human inheritance, which was Sheol for all humanity. 

But we are also informed that Abraham and the Children of the Lord God, had their own place in Sheol, seperated from all the other nations, which was known as the Bossom of Abraham, and was also call the Paradise of the Lord God, that's where his children were waiting for the day of their deliverance . 

David wrote a lot about this hope and not only as a reminder for himself, but for others to know. 

When David died he descended to the Bossom of Abraham with a mission, to informed everyone down there what the Lord had revealed to him. 

That as in the days of the captivity in Egypt, the Lord sent Moses to take them out from there, so the Lord himself this time as the CHRIST, will descend down there and take them out from there and in his own place, his Heavenly inheritance, to be with him forever. 

As a result all the other people in Sheol heard the message of the comming of CHRIST to set them free, and eventually they heard the message that the CHRIST is not coming only for the children of Abraham but for all the nations of the world.

,so eventually every one in Sheol heard of the bless hope of the coming of Christ for all , but only those who accepted and believed that Jesus was the CHRIST and the way out from there, and that when Jesus himself went down there at the time of his death, and declare to all that he is the way the truth and the light, and the life and the way to Heaven, those who believed in him were taken with JESUS to the Heavenly inheritance of Jesus Christ. 

PS

Solomon rebel against the Spiritual inheritance his father David left as a quidance to all, and in his rebellious mind destorted with pride  and when he was not in tune with the Lord anymore, he lost sight and departed from the Lord's quidance to his father's David and began to speculate a message that they don't need the CHRIST anymore, or that those promises were fullfilled in him, and that they are not seperated from the Lord God, and that when they die they do not go in Seol anymore but in Heaven. 

Or the Lord God show him the blessings the CHRIST will bring, and he applied them in a distorted way. 

They same maybe said , that he understood that the CHRIST will have children from all the nations for himself, and he try to make it as applying to himself, and believing that it was for himself he took wifes and had children from all nations. 

Reading his father's comments that the Lord had said, that "David's son will be the CHRIST, he believed that these prophesies applying to himself, he was deceived to believed that he was "this son of David". 

In all fairness to the people at that time, as it was hidden from them, the mystery of how the CHRIST will be born and how he had to die on the Cross, before everything had to happen, we mentioned the lessons of history of these events with all due respect own to all of them. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

From Psalm 16

7 I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
    in the night also my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me;
    because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being[e] rejoices;
    my flesh also dwells secure.
10 For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,
    or let your holy one see corruption.*

Psalm 16:10 Or  see the pit

-----------

Isaiah 38: 18 For the grave cannot praise you, death cannot sing your praise; those who go down to the pit cannot hope for your faithfulness.

------------------

Acts 2: 

“‘I saw the Lord always before me,
    for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken;
26 therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced;
    my flesh also will dwell in hope.
27 For you will not abandon my soul to Hades,
    or let your Holy One see corruption.
28 You have made known to me the paths of life;
    you will make me full of gladness with your presence.’

Edited by Neighbor

50 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

From Psalm 16

7 I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
    in the night also my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me;
    because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being[e] rejoices;
    my flesh also dwells secure.
10 For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,
    or let your holy one see corruption.*

Psalm 16:10 Or  see the pit

-----------

Isaiah 38: 18 For the grave cannot praise you, death cannot sing your praise; those who go down to the pit cannot hope for your faithfulness.

------------------

Acts 2: 

“‘I saw the Lord always before me,
    for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken;
26 therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced;
    my flesh also will dwell in hope.
27 For you will not abandon my soul to Hades,
    or let your Holy One see corruption.
28 You have made known to me the paths of life;
    you will make me full of gladness with your presence.’

It is interesting to read this Psalm, and Peter referring to it, and remembering what Jesus said to the two disciples first he met at the road to Emmaus, he said among other things that in the book of Psalms is written about me. 

And one time before his death when he was in conversation with the Jews, Jesus asked them, 

Why do you say that the the CHRIST is the Son of David whent David called his Lord God the CHRIST. 

God bless 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The only other two mentions of "paradise" in scripture

Revelation 2:7 (AV)
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

2 Corinthians 12:2–4 (AV)
2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

It stands to reason that he was referring to heaven in...

Luke 23:43 (AV)
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Setting aside the argument "three days, three nights or Friday to Sunday in the tomb?" Jesus' body was in the tomb far longer than the end of that same day he and the thief were crucified.

But Jesus was not referring to their bodies. He was referring to their spirits.

Ephesians 4:8–10 (AV)
8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Anything at all said about three days or three nights here? No. 

Anything said at all about this being a bodily ascent? No.

The scripture teaches Jesus gave up his spirit about 3PM. The Hebrew day would end in 3 hours at 6PM.

Plenty of time to do what the scriptures indicate he did in the spirit realm* and ascend up to heaven with the disembodied spirits who were in Abraham's Bosom (a better name for the chamber of promise in Sheol).

And for those who believe John 20:17 disproves this... that Jesus had not yet ascended to his Father... realize he was speaking about his resurrected form (when his spirit was reunited with his body).

* 1 Peter 3:18-19

Abraham's Bosom has been empty ever since the cross.

Sheol (2).jpg

23 minutes ago, JohnD said:

The only other two mentions of "paradise" in scripture

Revelation 2:7 (AV)
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

2 Corinthians 12:2–4 (AV)
2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

It stands to reason that he was referring to heaven in...

Luke 23:43 (AV)
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Setting aside the argument "three days, three nights or Friday to Sunday in the tomb?" Jesus' body was in the tomb far longer than the end of that same day he and the thief were crucified.

But Jesus was not referring to their bodies. He was referring to their spirits.

Ephesians 4:8–10 (AV)
8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Anything at all said about three days or three nights here? No. 

Anything said at all about this being a bodily ascent? No.

The scripture teaches Jesus gave up his spirit about 3PM. The Hebrew day would end in 3 hours at 6PM.

Plenty of time to do what the scriptures indicate he did in the spirit realm* and ascend up to heaven with the disembodied spirits who were in Abraham's Bosom (a better name for the chamber of promise in Sheol).

And for those who believe John 20:17 disproves this... that Jesus had not yet ascended to his Father... realize he was speaking about his resurrected form (when his spirit was reunited with his body).

* 1 Peter 3:18-19

Abraham's Bosom has been empty ever since the cross.

Sheol (2).jpg

JESUS said the time has come, the Devil is coming to take me and he has nothing in me. 

And he said to the disciples were I am going you can not come. 

Definitely he was not speaking of Heaven. 

God raised Jesus from the dead, and gave him the Heavens as his inheritance. 

Just before JESUS died he said, I am on my own, the Father is not with me, and he died. 

The Father just left me, 

JESUS knew that he was about to die, because the Father can not go with him in Hades or Seol. 

That time Jesus descended to the Bossom of Abraham. the Paradise of the children of the Lord without the life and without a Heavenly inheritance. 

John the Baptist had gone down there before him, and they were waiting for Jesus, to set them free. 

Jesus was taken captive him self. 

Captive because of his human inheritance. 

No one went to Heaven after they die, before the resurrection of Jesus Christ. After that yes all Believers go to Heaven, 

No one!! 

Jesus was not talking about the Heavenly Paradise of God. 

He made reference to the Bossom of Abraham, in Seol, because that's where the children of the Lord were going, waiting for the CHRIST to come to take them out from there. 

Moses delivered the People out from Egypt, and JESUS CHRIST he gave them life and took them out from there and to the knew inheritance for the children of God with the life in them ,  the Heavenly inheritance. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

14 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

JESUS said the time has come, the Devil is coming to take me and he has nothing in me. 

And he said to the disciples were I am going you can not come. 

Definitely he was not speaking of Heaven. 

God raised Jesus from the dead, and gave him the Heavens as his inheritance. 

Just before JESUS died he said, I am on my own, the Father is not with me, and he died. 

The Father just left me, 

JESUS knew that he was about to die, because the Father can not go with him in Hades or Seol. 

That time Jesus descended to the Bossom of Abraham. the Paradise of the children of the Lord without the life and without a Heavenly inheritance. 

John the Baptist had gone down there before him, and they were waiting for Jesus, to set them free. 

Jesus was taken captive him self. 

Captive because of his human inheritance. 

No one went to Heaven after they die, before the resurrection of Jesus Christ. After that yes all Believers go to Heaven, 

No one!! 

Jesus was not talking about the Heavenly Paradise of God. 

He made reference to the Bossom of Abraham, in Seol, because that's where the children of the Lord were going, waiting for the CHRIST to come to take them out from there. 

Moses delivered the People out from Egypt, and JESUS CHRIST he gave them life and took them out from there and to the knew inheritance for the children of God with the life in them ,  the Heavenly inheritance. 

Nope. Paradise in all three references in scripture all refer to where God is. Heaven (the third heaven).

1 minute ago, JohnD said:

Nope. Paradise in all three references in scripture all refer to where God is. Heaven (the third heaven).

I am sorry to hear your comments, puting the creation of man in Heaven and not on earth. 

And ignoring that the Lord in Revelations did not say" Paradise", but the ,"Paradise of God', which is in Heaven. 

And no one had access to it before JESUS CHRIST. 

As there was not Heavenly inheritance for mankind. 

Jesus Christ died some time before the theif . 

Ignoring the fact that the Lord distinguish Abraham from all the other people on earth and made him the Patriarch for his own nation, even though it was his nation without the Spirit, and with an earthly inheritance the Land of Canaan. 

And the Lord distinguish Abraham in the place of the dead, and he seperated him from the other people in the place of the dead.

Thus having the Bossom of Abraham in the place of the dead " the Paradise of the Lord God for his children after they die. 

Go an asked any Rabbi. 

People seperated from God and the Rest of the world, whether they live or die, only in the Old, before JESUS CHRIST. 

Not after but before. 

After the resurrection there is the Paradise of God in Heaven only for the children of the Spirit and the blood of Jesus Christ. 

There many other Paradise for all the other religions, everyone having their own, but none of them is in Heaven. 

Paradise is synonymous to a peaceful place, or state of been, that's why I said, there is a Paradise for every religion earthly ones, where they are judge by their own Gods, as long as they live. 

By after they die their Gods can not hold on to them. 

Another God takes them. 

They belong to their Gods as long as they lived. 

But it is not the same with JESUS CHRIST. 

We belong to him whether we live or we die. 

Jesus Christ teaching and he made happened with his death on the Cross. 

He said , if I do not die nothing will accomplish. 

And he acoblish .