Is illegal immigration a gray area?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Judge Ferrer (Fox verlooks minor violations by immigrants who deceived authorities to arrive in US. is this good?

Edited by OneLight
removed Youtube link

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

as long as coming here illegally is only a misdemeanor it probably will keep happening....   if one wants to completely deal with it we could make it a felony and serious consequences....   until we do that some in the court system won't take it serious and let it slide.

6 minutes ago, other one said:

as long as coming here illegally is only a misdemeanor it probably will keep happening....   if one wants to completely deal with it we could make it a felony and serious consequences....   until we do that some in the court system won't take it serious and let it slide.

amen brother - I completely agree with you and I think the essentially spiritual forces against Trump's efforts will fight forever and a day 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

It is illegal.  My personal opinion is that all illegally immigrated criminals should be deported--those buying and selling illegal drugs, gang members and felons.  But many people have lived here for years and are contributing members of society.   I am in favor of making a way for people who have been here for 10 years to be be given permanent visa to be here legally when they have not been engaging in other illegal activity,  Minor traffic violations should not be a factor.  I was astounded to learn how many people I know whose grandparents came here illegally.  We should make a way for legal status but not citizenship unless they were born here and have no criminal record. Those here illegally should not get government benefits, which is normally only given to those with a green card.  Many states give them to all.  We also need a better way to keep track of those here on student visas and temporary visas.  

Laborers should be allowed to come here upon request of farmers who need them to work in crops with temporary visas when they can't get enough citizens, or teenagers looking for summer work ., to do the work like they did in the 50s.  But they need to return home when the work ends and not stay here to live on subsistence.   If we enforced the laws we have and the states complied with them, there would be much less of a problem.  

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I could handle giving them green cards but never citizenship unless they spend 4 years in the military or some such as that.

1 hour ago, Willa said:

I was astounded to learn how many people I know whose grandparents came here illegally.

you feel sis, they were scared or fleeing or just ignorant?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

If they are here illegally it is wrong.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, a tryer said:

you feel sis, they were scared or fleeing or just ignorant?

My friends are all women in their late 40s with married children.  They don't look hispanic or have hispanic names.  They are not afraid or worried.  Their grandmothers are deceased.  So they aren't either.  I have no idea about their moms' states of mind.  Never met them.  

But our grandson has friends who came here more recently.  The parents and grandmother do appear to be worried.  The son is a very good college student and I hope he does well.  He is a good hearted kid but I don't think they are saved.  They went to church with him once but his friend didn't want to come anymore.  

1 hour ago, Willa said:

My friends are all women in their late 40s with married children.  They don't look hispanic or have hispanic names.  They are not afraid or worried.  Their grandmothers are deceased.  So they aren't either.  I have no idea about their moms' states of mind.  Never met them.  

But our grandson has friends who came here more recently.  The parents and grandmother do appear to be worried.  The son is a very good college student and I hope he does well.  He is a good hearted kid but I don't think they are saved.  They went to church with him once but his friend didn't want to come anymore.  

I pray your grandson's friends were all above-board when they arrived but if the parents are worried...good that you are a contact for them, you will be comforting support guided by the Lord

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

On 4/25/2017 at 3:47 PM, a tryer said:

Judge Ferrer (Fox https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3zm8D190Ic overlooks minor violations by immigrants who deceived authorities to arrive in US. is this good?

No because the 'minor violations' are the breaking of laws ON TOP OF the law they broke by entering the country illegally.