IGNORED

North Korea threatens to sink a U.S. aircraft carrier. Could they?

MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

North Korea has been talking trash for 50 years and in all that time they have not been a threat to us.  Guess what, they still are not.  

But then again neither has any other country we have invaded or bombed in the last 50 years, so I guess Trump will just be sticking with tradition.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

North Korea has been talking trash for 50 years and in all that time they have not been a threat to us.  Guess what, they still are not.  

But then again neither has any other country we have invaded or bombed in the last 50 years, so I guess Trump will just be sticking with tradition.   

That's the line....blame :America for everything.  Obama was good at it.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I'm not an advocate for military intervention in North Korea, far from it. However, if you have an active developmental nuclear program and you routinely speak of your intent to use nuclear weapons on a world power, it's not unreasonable to expect that one day they may decide to take you seriously and drop the hammer.

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Steve_S said:

I'm not an advocate for military intervention in North Korea, far from it. However, if you have an active developmental nuclear program and you routinely speak of your intent to use nuclear weapons on a world power, it's not unreasonable to expect that one day they may decide to take you seriously and drop the hammer.

Politically speaking, Trump is in a no-win situation.  The same people who are complaining that he might take military action to halt N Korea's development of a nuclear arsenal and oppose taking military action to that end, will be the very same people, who, if Trump does nothing and N Korea deploys a nuke at say Japan or the US mainland, will complain that Trump did nothing to stop the crazy fat kid and will argue that he should have taken military action to prevent it from happening.

So Trump is cursed if he does, and cursed if he doesn't.   It's just politics.   Regardless of which direction he goes, it will be viewed as a failure for him as a president. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

9 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I am evoking Godwins Law, this thread is now dead.   That is one of the faster Hitler evokings I have seen in some time! 

You've been here long enough to know nothing but being ugly will kill a thread. We can carry on three or four private conversations and threads keep on going and going and going....   we have very talented people here.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, Running Gator said:

What if Russia and China were acting the way we are, would you be cool with that?

The Russians are.  China may well be with us in the South China Sea.

Guest shiloh357
9 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I am evoking Godwins Law, this thread is now dead.   That is one of the faster Hitler evokings I have seen in some time! 

Nonsense.  Zemke wasn't evoking Hitler.   You don't get to decide when a thread dies.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Nonsense.  Zemke wasn't evoking Hitler.   You don't get to decide when a thread dies.

It was a joke, but yes he did bring up Hitler.  For those unfamiliar with Godwin's Law.  

Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies) is an Internet adage which asserts that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches 1"[2][3]‍—‌that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or his deeds.

The 

33 minutes ago, other one said:

You've been here long enough to know nothing but being ugly will kill a thread. We can carry on three or four private conversations and threads keep on going and going and going....   we have very talented people here.

Just call me an optimist!  :P

38 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Politically speaking, Trump is in a no-win situation.  The same people who are complaining that he might take military action to halt N Korea's development of a nuclear arsenal and oppose taking military action to that end, will be the very same people, who, if Trump does nothing and N Korea deploys a nuke at say Japan or the US mainland, will complain that Trump did nothing to stop the crazy fat kid and will argue that he should have taken military action to prevent it from happening.

So Trump is cursed if he does, and cursed if he doesn't.   It's just politics.   Regardless of which direction he goes, it will be viewed as a failure for him as a president. 

Or it could be that Trump does nothing and NK does nothing (like the same nothing they have done for 50 years).  You left out that option.