• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

This confuses me........ we know, but it doesn't seem to be recorded??

than how do we know?

-----

edit

-----

this is post 666 for me :o 

I'm not going to "like" it so hurry up and post 667. :)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

than how do we know?

-----

edit

-----

666, yow, do not post anymore. 

6 minutes ago, Davida said:

About the Crusades,  the Christian Crusaders were in response  to Islamic Jihadi war against Classical Civilization & to conquer Christendom.

https://www.politicalislam.com/trilogy-project/statistical-islam/

http://clashdaily.com/2014/11/crusades-direct-response-islams-bloodlust/

"The real reason WHY the Crusades took place…and here’s the shocker: It was a response to Islam’s aggression!

That’s right…it all began with Muhammed’s implicit threat more than 450 years before the Crusaders entered Jerusalem. He said: “embrace Islam and you will be safe.” (Muhammed’s extortion letter to the Khaibar Jews)

Some facts for your ill-informed friends/family/colleagues:

— The Crusades were a delayed response for CENTURIES of Muslim aggression, that grew ever fiercer in the 11th Century. The Muslims focused on Christians and Jews…forcing conversions, plundering and mortally wounding apostates.
— The Crusades were a DEFENSIVE action, first called for by Pope Urban II in 1095 at the Council of Clermont.
— The Crusades were a response against Jihad, which is obligatory against non-Muslims entering “Muslim lands’”. (Muslim lands are any lands invaded and conquered by Islam.)
— The motives of the Crusaders were pure. They were jihad-provoked and not imperialistic actions against a “peaceful”, native Muslim population. The Crusades were NOT for profit, but rather to recover the Holy Land brutally invaded and conquered by Muslims…who conquered for profit and as a notch on their superiority belt.
— The lands conquered by the Crusaders were NOT colonized under the Byzantine Empire. The Empire withdrew its support so the Crusaders renounced their agreement.

The Islamic world ripped through the Christian world on a bloody Jihad crusade to propagate Islam. Muslim imperialistic conquest wars were launched for more than 1,500 years against hundreds of nations and over millions of square miles (larger than the British Empire at its peak). The Jihad crusade went from southern France to the Philippines, from Austria to Nigeria, and from central Asia to New Guinea.

The dictionary defines imperialism as “the policy and practice of seeking to dominate the economic and political affairs of weaker countries.” This historical Islamic Jihad WAS imperialistic…and its goals remain the same.

Islam’s greed and lust for bloody domination of non-Muslims and their property CAUSED the Crusades…it doesn’t get simpler than that!

Shalom through strength…"

In a nutshell, that sounds about right.

However, the Crusaders were not always honorable men, were they? They were known to wipe out entire Jewish communities on their way to the Holy Land. Tsk tsk  Doesn't It sound like they were guilty of the same thing they were accusing the Muslims of doing wrong? 

Stuff like that made me not feel so lovey dovey when discussing them. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

6 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

667 ;)

Check your personal messages.

9 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

667 ;)

You can't be the anti christ. I'm sure He would not have posted again and stayed at 666. :)

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

Well where would we be today if the Pope had not summoned them?  Deborah went with Barack to lead the troops into battle (though she didn't fight) because he was too chicken to go with out a prophet of God. If ya gotta go....ya gotta go..... :mellow:

You must take Metamucil too! :)

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Check your personal messages.

Hey John D,

i don't remember you sending me a personal message when I hit 666!  But I do like the male bonding. We have so much testosterone here, bonding is good. 

Guest Teditis
2 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

than how do we know?

-----

edit

-----

Sorry that it was post 666 for ya, lol... it kinda makes me not want to get involved and reply.

But in seriousness, we do know some things about Constantine's reign as they were recorded

just not everything in detail... the documentation that does exist often describe the "what" he

did, just not the inner thinkings of the man.

That he took interest in the Christian religion and made it both legal and preferred religion has

been documented. Why he did that is left to speculative thinking. He of course stated that it had

to do with a miraculous vision that he had and a calling by God Himself to make certain changes,

that part was recorded, but we don't have any documentation (to date) as to what specifics were

involved in that calling for him to do. See?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I don't believe Peter was a Pope but he was of the 12 Apostles.  He was sent to first the gentiles. And then to the Jews to preach the gospel.  The Apostles had authority over the churches and to decide  issues.  Believe it or not there is authority in the body of christ.