• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, Davida said:

I agree with you. I was just looking back upon the history as it was and as it was. I am glad for these Crusaders because the world would look like Iran without them.  

I agree with you. They were wiser then . Now we welcome Islam to take over and destroy our cultures.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

55 minutes ago, Yowm said:

IOW you disagree with Rome which says Peter was the first Pope?

Yeah, Wayne is full of surprises today. Wait until this pope hears about this. I think he is going to remove Wayne from his inner circle.  Haha

2 hours ago, Davida said:

It's the Liberal pc way now. Who did invent the political correctness anyway? 

It just started with false guilt in the 60s. The Vietnam War and feminist also black rights. There is some truth to charges. Women should get same money if they do the same work. But people will use stuff , play victim to put others on defensive.  Islam does that quite well. They will call someone a racist if they are oppose. The pc will shame anyone to win. Kind of satan's tactics. 

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

IOW you disagree with Rome which says Peter was the first Pope?

I am not Catholic. In any case I don't agree with there history in that case. The church was founded on christ not peter.

3 hours ago, Spock said:

Yeah, Wayne is full of surprises today. Wait until this pope hears about this. I think he is going to remove Wayne from his inner circle.  Haha

Spock heh haw ha ha haw . My ribs are sore. I do like you. 

9 hours ago, Spock said:

In a nutshell, that sounds about right.

However, the Crusaders were not always honorable men, were they? They were known to wipe out entire Jewish communities on their way to the Holy Land. Tsk tsk  Doesn't It sound like they were guilty of the same thing they were accusing the Muslims of doing wrong? 

Stuff like that made me not feel so lovey dovey when discussing them. 

In any army you always have atrocities. Not that it's condone. They did a good work otherwise no more western world today.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

In any army you always have atrocities. Not that it's condone. They did a good work otherwise no more western world today.

The Crusaders did a good work?  What did they do that was good?  The Muslims still had control of the Mid East and imposed their will for hundreds of years after the few years the crusaders won back Jerusalem. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
On 2017-04-26 at 8:57 AM, Neighbor said:

Well, one might seek a Roman Catholic resource and read what  is declared there.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12272b.htm

And for another resource and point of view see

Theodore Shoebat at http://shoebat.com/2013/09/21/constantine-create-catholic-church/

From my own perspective there is another issue; that being a universal or catholic church, and there being a RCC or Roman Catholic Church, the two not being the same thing.  So as I read I do have to watch  for descriptions of a catholic church versus the RCC, otherwise my  prejudice (  I believe to be an informed prejudice ) against the  popedom* causes me to miss points of excellent information and of interest. 

* The description borrowed from the writings and sermons of  Charles Haddon Spurgeon

My apologies for taking so long to get to your links. The Shoebat link was amazing. Just the facts (historical), no theology per say other than explaining why the groups where deemed heretics. 

Thank you for sharing. A very good read. 

Cheers and God Bless

Edited by Judas Machabeus
Changed a what to a why

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, Judas Machabeus said:

I asked a question in another thread about why a poster thought the Roman Catholic Church was started after a certain period. I was curious because generally it's either the time of the reformation or Constantine. 

And general with the Constantine assertion comes the assertion that he did it to mix paganism with Chritianity because he had to find jobs for all those out of work pagan priest because Christianity was the state religion now. 

Since I didn't want to derail that thread I thought I would create a new thread. 

What proof is there that Constantine created the Roman Catholic Church?

The proof is he created Byzantine Church (Eastern Orthodoxy) see Eusebius The Hitory Church, last chapter. The Roman Catholic Church came out of Eastern Orthodox Church in 1054 A.D. during the Great Schism. Roman Catholicism is basically a Latinized and Europeanized Eastern Orthodoxy.

Guest Judas Machabeus
38 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

The proof is he created Byzantine Church (Eastern Orthodoxy) see Eusebius The Hitory Church, last chapter. The Roman Catholic Church came out of Eastern Orthodox Church in 1054 A.D. during the Great Schism. Roman Catholicism is basically a Latinized and Europeanized Eastern Orthodoxy.

Your history is a bit off there. As for reading Eusebius The History of the Church.... there's ten books. Which last paragraph?