• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/23/2017 at 6:50 PM, Wolf Bridges said:

No kidding! Those who called for the murder of Christians were Christians! It was a campaign against those who were deemed not to believe the "right way". 
Anyone could be targeted. Well, except for the super rich of course. When are they ever equal to the peasant class back then? 

If someone wanted your family property and you refused to sell, all they had to do was whisper, "heretic", or , "witch", in the right place. And the inquisition would deem them guilty just for the accusation against them and then take them into custody. And that property they refused to sell? That went to the church who would auction it off and likely to that one that wanted to buy it before but was refused. 

But they did earn their comeuppance when the plague struck. Because as part of the inquisition terrorism cats were burned to death too. Thought to be "familiars" of the so called "witches" that were murdered. And with no cats to keep down the rats, the fleas on the rats proliferated. As did the rats. As did the plague. 

Domino effect. 

Amazing to witness the odor of inquisition now days isn't it? 

Yes, it is. And I agree with you about the inquisition revival if it was possible in the climate of contempt and hatred that has seeded itself in the Christian community in America. And the press hardly cares about the church persecution going on in Egypt and elsewhere in the world. Ignore that because they don't wish to report truth about Islamists. Likely because it would counter the propaganda being promoted by the media here; Islam is a religion of peace. 

Every Muslim terrorist in history proves that's never been the case. Muhammad himself being the first example. 

On 4/26/2017 at 1:20 PM, JoshuasonFlower said:

Evangelicals Turn Toward … the Orthodox Church

By Jason Zengerle

I've heard it said that from time to time Evangelical types will try to convert Orthodox Christians to the faith of Christ. I would believe the brothers would show great sympathy for one such as that, being they'd be considered an innocent who has no knowledge of the faith of Christ that Orthodox Christians uphold. However, this is a surprising bit of news. Especially the number of converts finding their way to what some call a living relationship with our Lord.

Enjoy. I hope this feeds the spirit of charity and compassion here.

God's church is all over the world. The spirit of an Evangelical finds solace in the Orthodox church and that is as God wills too. God knows his sons and daughters by name. This church , the Orthodox, has a long history and one that is far older than the Protestant. Many Protestants I know speak of relationship with Christ and the Orthodox Christians I know are a beautiful example of the passion in that connection with our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Great article. Thank you for sharing that here. We can bring this article peace by not feeding what would hope to cultivate darkness against it. :) God's mighty love and peace surround you brother. And you too brother Wolf, wherever you are. 

On 5/20/2017 at 4:46 PM, BobRyan said:

On the contrary I am referring to historic facts ... "the news".  What group argues that the news should not be let out - or else it is inflammatory? The reason for bringing this up - is to shine some light on exactly what it is that these Evangelicals are leaving - and what they are running towards when they trade one denomination and heritage -- for another.

1. In Russia 

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2016/june/no-evangelizing-outside-of-church-russia-proposes.html

Which includes this - 

2. In Syria - I have a friend who came from Syria recently and told first-hand how the Orthodox church in Syria went to the government there to claim that certain other Christian denominations are "spies for Israel".

3. In the Eukraine

https://www.christiantoday.com/article/ukraine.christians.threatened.with.firing.squads.and.pastors.held.hostage/41224.htm

This article isn't about Russia. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

In Russia, about 85% of the population is Orthodox, so, in a way, yes, it is about Russia 85%, Armenia 83%, Serbia 80%, Belanus 76%, etc.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have acquaintances involved in missionary work in Russia and from what they tell me the laws past recently are geared toward the JW's and Mormons.   They simply got tired of dealing with them.

27 minutes ago, other one said:

I have acquaintances involved in missionary work in Russia and from what they tell me the laws past recently are geared toward the JW's and Mormons.   They simply got tired of dealing with them.

Yes, I've read that as well. I believe there is a thread reporting those facts here as well. Or am I mistaken it is this community in which those appear?