Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoshuasonFlower

Evangelicals Turn Toward … the Orthodox Church

11 posts in this topic

Eastern Orthodoxy like its offspring Roman Catholicism (see 1054 A.D. Schism) has such a complex system of belief. If you ask one priest or bishop in one diocese a question and go to another diocese or even 15 minutes way from the one you asked the question, the answer will be different. As much as uniformity and oneness is modeled in RCC (Roman Catholic Church) and EOC (Eastern Orthodox Church) the truth is they are just a splintered as we Protestants. Catholics have 27 official varieties of Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy has around 17, with Evangelical Orthodoxy as newer sect.

I watched Catholic priest from New Jersey got upset on EWTN (Catholic Network) that Protestants allow communion/Eucharist for all other Protestant Denominations and even Catholics, while Catholics should only serve it to Catholics. The other Catholic priest said, "The Orthodox Church and Roman Church only offer the Communion to our members, we see Protestantism as Canada and Roman Church as the United States, you can go between, but we have different laws, while Protestants see other denominations like states of the United States of America, so they see it as we are all citizens of same country, but we Catholics see ourselves as different country than Protestantism." (The Web 2.0.). Interesting, which Catholics I may ask? Charismatic Catholics and Reformed Catholics have broken from Rome, are they allowed the same curtsy? The truth is these two priests have a church, The Church of Rome which has almost as many denominations as Protestantism, and these two priests are judging Protestants for something they would probably do for Catholics of different dioceses and views. And yet the Pope, Francis I is offering communion and unity with not just other Christians, but all religions. So you see, RCC and EOC don't have this untied front they sell to Protestants, they are just as divided in perspectives and views. The difference is they copy the Muslims, who though Sunni, Shia, Sufi, Awadee, Druses, and so forth, all call themselves Muslims. Its a show ot unity, not in point of fact. Catholics and Orthodox are as divided as Protestants on issues, doxology, and more.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0