zorgblar

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

In mt 27:52.How is it that it's the bodies that slept?Also in Mt 27:52 why doesn't it say the spirit(breath) returned to the bodies after they woke up?Also is there any other places in the bible that say bodies sleep?

I found a website that talks about the body going to sleep.

When the Bible calls death sleep, it implies that the essence of our being sleeps. For instance, Stephen was being stoned to death and cried out, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." Then he fell asleep (Acts 7:59-60). If he were conscious in heaven, the Bible would say, "His body fell asleep. In case anybody is wondering were i got this passage i got it from here: http://wordonly.net/CI06.html

I posted this in topix jehovah's witnesse by the name frgoad.But I posted it here too.To get more feedback.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Is this topic about Jehovah Witnesses or soul sleep?

9 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Is this topic about Jehovah Witnesses or soul sleep?

Soul sleep.

uestion: "What does the Bible say about soul sleep?"

Answer:
“Soul sleep” is a belief that after a person dies, his/her soul “sleeps” until the resurrection and final judgment. The concept of “soul sleep” is not biblical. When the Bible describes a person “sleeping” in relation to death (Luke 8:52; 1 Corinthians 15:6), it does not mean literal sleep. Sleeping is just a way to describe death because a dead body appears to be asleep. The moment we die, we face the judgment of God (Hebrews 9:27). For believers, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:23). For unbelievers, death means everlasting punishment in hell (Luke 16:22-23).

Until the final resurrection, though, there is a temporary heaven—paradise (Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 12:4) and a temporary hell—Hades (Revelation 1:18; 20:13-14). As can be clearly seen in Luke 16:19-31, neither in paradise nor in Hades are people sleeping. It could be said, though, that a person’s body is “sleeping” while his soul is in paradise or Hades. At the resurrection, this body is “awakened” and transformed into the everlasting body a person will possess for eternity, whether in heaven or hell. Those who were in paradise will be sent to the new heavens and new earth (Revelation 21:1). Those who were in Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15). These are the final, eternal destinations of all people—based entirely on whether or not a person trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Present-day defenders of soul sleep include the Seventh Day Adventist church, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christadelphians, and others.

https://www.gotquestions.org/soul-sleep.html

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,232
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

so if ur not saved u go to hell, then judgement day comes God pulls u out of hell, judges u and then throws u back in hell?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, Ghostdog said:

so if ur not saved u go to hell, then judgement day comes God pulls u out of hell, judges u and then throws u back in hell?

That's about it.  Lol 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, Ghostdog said:

The unsaved does not go to Hell when they die. They go to a sort of prison for the unsaved dead.  After the white throne judgment is finished the unsaved dead who are not in the lambs book of life will be cast into the lake of fire which is hell.

17 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

The unsaved does not go to Hell when they die. They go to a sort of prison for the unsaved dead.  After the white throne judgment is finished the unsaved dead who are not in the lambs book of life will be cast into the lake of fire which is hell.

Hades is a variation of hell. It is a waiting area for those who are not saved. At the end of the 1000 yr millennium Hades will give up the dead and they will be judged at the Great White Throne judgement. They will be thrown into the lake of fire with Satan and his demons for an eternity. There they will experience everlasting torment day and night forever and ever. Never ending.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

19 hours ago, zorgblar said:

In mt 27:52.How is it that it's the bodies that slept?Also in Mt 27:52 why doesn't it say the spirit(breath) returned to the bodies after they woke up?Also is there any other places in the bible that say bodies sleep?

I found a website that talks about the body going to sleep.

When the Bible calls death sleep, it implies that the essence of our being sleeps. For instance, Stephen was being stoned to death and cried out, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." Then he fell asleep (Acts 7:59-60). If he were conscious in heaven, the Bible would say, "His body fell asleep. In case anybody is wondering were i got this passage i got it from here: http://wordonly.net/CI06.html

We are conscious in heaven for the bible says To be absent in the body is to be present in the Lord. 

And God said I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. He is, as Jesus said, not the God of the dead but of the living